ImageImageImage

RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Bulls (Wed. 8PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Re: RS 21/22 - Mavs @ Bulls (Wed. 8PM EST) 

Post#21 » by leolozon » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:53 am

agentofatlas wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:
Yeah he's been terrible. In fact the trio pf DFS-Powell-Luka (the starting line-up essentially) should probably never be played again.

Its not just that, everyone underperforms with Luka on the court. His on/off numbers are one of the worst in the league. These numbers are not random anymore, this is 11th game. I dont know what is going on but Dallas and Luka need to figure out why the team is playing so bad when he is on the floor.

It's his offense. Luka's value is tied too it. I know his 3 ball isn't working now but he always compensated that by being efficient inside the arc. This year his been pretty off and doesn't really drive as much. Also his floor game has been bad. If he just shot better at the line then I wouldn't worry that much.

It seems like he's not as good at driving, so he decides to only take tough shots with low probability of going in.

Luka has regressed slightly in last year RS, but this year it's like he's not even the same type of player so far. He doesn't even deserve to be an all-star right now.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#22 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:57 am

We all see this offense sucks expect for the guy coaching the team.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#23 » by agentofatlas » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:02 am

leolozon wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:Its not just that, everyone underperforms with Luka on the court. His on/off numbers are one of the worst in the league. These numbers are not random anymore, this is 11th game. I dont know what is going on but Dallas and Luka need to figure out why the team is playing so bad when he is on the floor.

It's his offense. Luka's value is tied too it. I know his 3 ball isn't working now but he always compensated that by being efficient inside the arc. This year his been pretty off and doesn't really drive as much. Also his floor game has been bad. If he just shot better at the line then I wouldn't worry that much.

It seems like he's not as good at driving, so he decides to only take tough shots with low probability of going in.

Luka has regressed slightly in last year RS, but this year it's like he's not even the same type of player so far. He doesn't even deserve to be an all-star right now.

Definitely regressed. He needs to go back to his floater game. And as much as I love him posting up, he should cut down on the fade aways.

One positive in all this is he is still getting to the line. Too bad he's inconsistent from there.
Bnice5
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#24 » by Bnice5 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:04 am

This team just isn’t very good. The improved D helps with the wins against teams they should beat (ie teams actually trying not to be good), but the lack of floor spacing and the Luka iso ball is not a good match… iso ball worked with 5 out, doesn’t with 2 centers… offense just slows down and watches Luka. No off ball movement we had hoped for, and just a bunch of dancing around Powell who should not get consistent minutes on any team worth a damn
leolozon
General Manager

Post#25 » by leolozon » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:25 am

Well KP and THJ played great, even Powell did alright. I can't say the same of DFS and Luka.

But the team is 7-4, so Kidd can sleep well, there's no problem.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by agentofatlas » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:27 am

Would it kill Kidd to change up the starting lineup?

Anyways, as expected, the Mavs fold against another playoff team. Luka really needs to play better. DFS and Powell aren't starters they're 8th men at best. Bench has been a bright spot.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Post#27 » by XTraderXL » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:29 am

Another boring game by Dallas. I never fell asleep watching them before this year, happened 6 times this season already. So predictable and unimaginative.

And I get the feeling like Dallas players are physically in worse shape than players of other teams. It was clearly visible against Miami but the Bulls also looked way better physically. Anyone seeing the same thing?
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,929

Post#28 » by Apz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:30 am

Its not a luka problem, its a spacing problem. Need to space the floor again or there is no space to drive into. Better then expected tho, lost by 10 pts while lonzo and caruso had their shooting nights of their lives. The 3pt % is what made the difference this game 36 vs 48. Also rebounding, felt like only KP rebounded
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:30 am

Tonights game is another reason why you get Dragic. It would allow him or Brunson to start and bump Powell.

leolozon
General Manager

Post#30 » by leolozon » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:22 am

ejs78 wrote:Tonights game is another reason why you get Dragic. It would allow him or Brunson to start and bump Powell.

Oh yeah, Dragic with his 222 3P% would fit right on this team...

Dragic isn't good anymore. I still don't get the obsession with him just because he's Slovenian. He's worst than average.

I thought the main target for the Mavs this summer should have been Lonzo, I don't think the team even looked at him.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#31 » by leolozon » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:25 am

Apz wrote:Its not a luka problem, its a spacing problem. Need to space the floor again or there is no space to drive into. Better then expected tho, lost by 10 pts while lonzo and caruso had their shooting nights of their lives. The 3pt % is what made the difference this game 36 vs 48. Also rebounding, felt like only KP rebounded

The 3pt % is what makes the difference in most games and Luka is certainly part of the problem on that end.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by agentofatlas » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:29 am

leolozon wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Tonights game is another reason why you get Dragic. It would allow him or Brunson to start and bump Powell.

Dragic isn't good anymore. I still don't get the obsession on him just because he's Slovenian. He's worst than average.

I thought the main target for the Mavs this summer should have been Lonzo, I don't think the team even looked at him.

Well Dragic might be the only player we could get can actually make Luka accountable given their relationship.
leolozon
General Manager

Post#33 » by leolozon » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:35 am

agentofatlas wrote:
leolozon wrote:

Dragic isn't good anymore. I still don't get the obsession on him just because he's Slovenian. He's worst than average.

Well Dragic might be the only player we could get can actually make Luka accountable given their relationship.

If the team needs someone to make a MVP level player accountable, we have a big problem. Luka should make himself accountable.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#34 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:45 am

leolozon wrote:

Dragic isn't good anymore. I still don't get the obsession with him just because he's Slovenian. He's worst than average.

Its not an obsession. They don't have anything to make any major changes that are needed We keep talking about 5 games he played this year on a team he doesn't want to be on. The Mavs clearly need 2 ball handlers on the court virtually at all times. Nothing wrong with Ball but that didn't happen so no point of reliving the past.

Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,929

Post#35 » by Apz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:00 am

We dont need 2 ballhandlers on the court at all times, thats just a stupid take. Having 2 guys in the **** paint taking away all the driving opportunities is whats killing us from 2 and just plain old shooting slump is killing us from 3. Pretty sure we had the highest offensive rating just 2 seasons ago by playing 1 ball handler and just shooters around it, only issue were those shooters couldnt defend. How many times does lonzo hit 7/9, 1 miss being a hive from an inball pass due shotclock?

People overreacting like some spoiled kids, keeps calling for daddy to buy u that new ****. Biggest issue is the powell dilemma, tear his acl and half mavs problems is solved. Its not because he is bad, but a bad fit, specially with KP at 4. This board is just ridicolous atm.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by agentofatlas » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:05 am

leolozon wrote:
agentofatlas wrote:
leolozon wrote:

If the team needs someone to make a MVP level player accountable, we have a big problem. Luka should make himself accountable.

True but he's still 22. I don't think he is a leader yet. Not mature enough. Not professional enough. He needs his Nash/Finley. Someone to shepherd him like what Dirk had. Too bad we traded Barnes.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:13 am

Apz wrote:We dont need 2 ballhandlers on the court at all times, thats just a stupid take. Having 2 guys in the **** paint taking away all the driving opportunities is whats killing us from 2 and just plain old shooting slump is killing us from 3. Pretty sure we had the highest offensive rating just 2 seasons ago by playing 1 ball handler and just shooters around it, only issue were those shooters couldnt defend. How many times does lonzo hit 7/9, 1 miss being a hive from an inball pass due shotclock?

People overreacting like some spoiled kids, keeps calling for daddy to buy u that new ****. Biggest issue is the powell dilemma, tear his acl and half mavs problems is solved. Its not because he is bad, but a bad fit, specially with KP at 4. This board is just ridicolous atm.
Have you watched anyone else on this team try to dribble the ball? Newflash they can't which stalls the offense or end in a TO like that Dorian one late in the game. Getting another ball handler also would likely solve the Powell issue, but again Kidd is the coach.

ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:16 am

ejs78 wrote:
Apz wrote:We dont need 2 ballhandlers on the court at all times, thats just a stupid take. Having 2 guys in the **** paint taking away all the driving opportunities is whats killing us from 2 and just plain old shooting slump is killing us from 3. Pretty sure we had the highest offensive rating just 2 seasons ago by playing 1 ball handler and just shooters around it, only issue were those shooters couldnt defend. How many times does lonzo hit 7/9, 1 miss being a hive from an inball pass due shotclock?

Have you watched anyone else on this team try to dribble the ball? Newflash they can't which stalls the offense or end in a TO like that Dorian one late in the game. Getting another ball handler also would likely solve the Powell issue, but again Kidd is the coach.

Like I said this ended well

Read on Twitter
?t=SO2wCII-q-oZlstK4aKM9Q&s=19

jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,540

Post#39 » by jpengland » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:24 am

Apz wrote:Its not a luka problem, its a spacing problem. Need to space the floor again or there is no space to drive into. Better then expected tho, lost by 10 pts while lonzo and caruso had their shooting nights of their lives. The 3pt % is what made the difference this game 36 vs 48. Also rebounding, felt like only KP rebounded

Exactly right re spacing.

To maximise Luka you need to open the lane for him. KP at the 5 is an absolute must and Kidd needs to instill an offense which gives him room to work.

Luka, KP and 3 guys who can shoot, with any kind of competent gameplan is a top 5 offense.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#40 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:42 am

What a sad and boring team... Trashes everytime against PO team.
We are only weak, it's useless talking about starting lineup/spacing/fitting guys/3point %/rebounding.
They have 4 potential all star and Patrick Williams (out last night) who is a rising star. Too much for us.

Return to Dallas Mavericks