Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,396

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#921 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:32 am

Foshan wrote:
76ciology wrote:Trading Now for the Future.

Andre Drummond for Bouknight
Andre Drummond for Cam Thomas

I have to say, the idea of trading Drummond has crossed my mind several times. I really think we totally killed it with signing him with Embiids health issues. That said, to trade him would, imo, have to signal that we are not going for it all this year. I'm not sure we can afford to even send that signal if Embiid is still working hard. If he is out injured for the season by December, then yeah. I look to move Green / Drummond for growth pieces.

Is Bouknight any good? I'm just seeing bad Malik Monk... but i'm not a college guy so i have no idea.

Hmm..

How about this..

Lets say we get an attractive return for Ben. Let’s say Jaylen Brown.

I think getting Jaylen Brown allows you to play with Bassley or some cheap C as back-up with Jaylen being able to carry any 5 man units without Biid.

It can be Brogdon, and not Brown BTW. Where Brogdon can just play endless 2 man game with Niang or Tobi. Who knows.. maybe we can get Myles Turner in the mix or Time lord.

Regarding Bouknight, he’s not that good right now but he has good foundational skills that is value in the league and what we’re trying to run on our offense. He’s not good right now but he is very likely to be much improved next year onwards. Im talking about way better than Maxey.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,697

Post#922 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:21 pm

It cannot be Brogdon as he was recently signed.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#923 » by Kobblehead » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Bouknight has the athletic and scoring talent, but he's got so much bad basketball to get out of his system before he becomes good. If the Hornets aren't even willing to let him go through his growing pains on the court right now, there's no way in hell we would.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,693

Post#924 » by the_process » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:47 pm

The Pelicans are about to blow up. Take advantage.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#925 » by DCasey91 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:22 pm

Ingram might be the go over Brown. Look they are what we need holistically. And who knows with Zion.

The harder part (and the most important) is Harris’s contract would probably have to break it up into two.
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#926 » by KramerDSP » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:43 pm

On the General Board’s “Pelicans are 1-9” thread, Duke4Life8431 posted the following comment that made me think Ingram should be our target:

“I agree if the talk is Brandon Ingram being a franchise changing player, then ya he's not that. Im just saying I dont see too many people claiming he is that kind of player. When it comes to the trade thing, ya you get dumb over the top takes like that all the time.

I just think most people recognize what the level of player Ingram is. A really good #2 scoring option for a team. For example if he was in Philly, he would be an amazing fit and would have a big impact and would be a perennial all star. Because that would basically be the ideal scenario for him. But if youre asking him to be the man and cary a horrible roster out of the lotto, well there arent that many players in the league that can do that and Ingram isn't one of those few players.

I just dont think this early season is any kind of negative towards Ingram or Jonas. Both are good players, not great players and they're doing the best they can with what they've been dealt with. They've just been dealt with a horrible roster is all.”

I still think we are better off with Embiid being the aging center Robin to someone’s Batman, but I also think Ingram would be amazing in Philly as Embiid’s Robin.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
the_process
RealGM

Post#927 » by the_process » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:05 pm

the_process wrote:The Pelicans are about to blow up. Take advantage.

Portland might be following suit.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#928 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:15 pm

KramerDSP wrote:On the General Board’s “Pelicans are 1-9” thread, Duke4Life8431 posted the following comment that made me think Ingram should be our target:

“I agree if the talk is Brandon Ingram being a franchise changing player, then ya he's not that. Im just saying I dont see too many people claiming he is that kind of player. When it comes to the trade thing, ya you get dumb over the top takes like that all the time.

I just think most people recognize what the level of player Ingram is. A really good #2 scoring option for a team. For example if he was in Philly, he would be an amazing fit and would have a big impact and would be a perennial all star. Because that would basically be the ideal scenario for him. But if youre asking him to be the man and cary a horrible roster out of the lotto, well there arent that many players in the league that can do that and Ingram isn't one of those few players.

I just dont think this early season is any kind of negative towards Ingram or Jonas. Both are good players, not great players and they're doing the best they can with what they've been dealt with. They've just been dealt with a horrible roster is all.”

I still think we are better off with Embiid being the aging center Robin to someone’s Batman, but I also think Ingram would be amazing in Philly as Embiid’s Robin.

Of course. Ingram is a near perfect offensive player. He scores off the dribble, he passes well, he shoots well, and he's nearly unguardable one on one with his height/length.

The only drawbacks on him are that he makes no plays defensively and he's doesn't have plus intangibles.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#929 » by Tomjas » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Forget about Zion for a moment, Val & Ingram is a good start for any roster & the fact that they’re so bad speaks volumes about the others including management & coaching

I have seen them play once this year & there was no enthusiasm whatsoever

Franchise is dysfunctional enough to do themselves out of a top pick by winning a few games when Zion returns
the_process
RealGM

Post#930 » by the_process » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:07 am

Stealing Alexander-Walker from the Pelicans would be nice.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#931 » by Foshan » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:10 am

the_process wrote:Stealing Alexander-Walker from the Pelicans would be nice.

Phi: Simmons, Thybulle, Milton
Phi: Ingram, NAW, (Salary filler possible TT or MB3)

NOP: Ingram, NAW
Nop: Fox, Thybulle

SAC: Fox, Salary filler? (TT/MB3)
Sac: Simmons, Shake
the_process
RealGM

Post#932 » by the_process » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:26 pm

Foshan wrote:
the_process wrote:Stealing Alexander-Walker from the Pelicans would be nice.

Phi: Simmons, Thybulle, Milton
Phi: Ingram, NAW, (Salary filler possible TT or MB3)

NOP: Ingram, NAW
Nop: Fox, Thybulle

SAC: Fox, Salary filler? (TT/MB3)
Sac: Simmons, Shake

All day long. Would add a 1st and/or Springer as well if that closes the deal.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,108

Post#933 » by Arsenal » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:45 pm

What am I missing w/NAW? His shooting percentages are atrocious (.473 TS this year and .496 career). Why would we give value for him? I'd much rather have Shake.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/alexani01.html
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#934 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:21 pm

Nickeil Alexander-Walker is a complete player stud. Dribble, pass, shoot, defend. He's Ginoboli 2.0 and still just scratching the surface of his potential given that his shooting percentages aren't there yet.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#935 » by Arsenal » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:29 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Nickeil Alexander-Walker is a complete player stud. Dribble, pass, shoot, defend. He's Ginoboli 2.0 and still just scratching the surface of his potential given that his shooting percentages aren't there yet.

It's comical to claim he can "shoot" when he's shooting .377 from the field and .277 from 3PT, with an overall TS of .473.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#936 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:39 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Nickeil Alexander-Walker is a complete player stud. Dribble, pass, shoot, defend. He's Ginoboli 2.0 and still just scratching the surface of his potential given that his shooting percentages aren't there yet.

It's comical to claim he can "shoot" when he's shooting .377 from the field and .277 from 3PT, with an overall TS of .473.

It's comical that you can't "see it" with NAW. Figure it out.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#937 » by Foshan » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:41 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Hey boys… we are on the same team here.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#938 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:43 pm

Walker has a relentless trigger from three. He's slinging at a comparable rate to Niang and Korkmaz. Would be a major upgrade over Milton in just about every way imaginable.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#939 » by Arsenal » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:47 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Walker has a relentless trigger from three. He's slinging at a comparable rate to Niang and Korkmaz. Would be a major upgrade over Milton in just about every way imaginable.

Chucking shots without being able to hit = TANK COMMANDER. It's comical that you can't figure that out. The dude is in his 3rd season at age 23 and shows zero signs of improving his efficiency.
Arsenal
RealGM

Post#940 » by Arsenal » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 pm

Foshan wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Hey boys… we are on the same team here.

LOL all in good fun. Even though Kobble is dead wrong on this one, I still love him :wink:

Return to Philadelphia 76ers