ImageImageImage

Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,387

Re: Mavs Offseason - 21/22 - what do we do from here? 

Post#2961 » by gottamakeit » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:05 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:We could have problems to resign Brunson if his value goes too high...

We have his bird rights, so will it be that difficult?
I don't think any other team is going to offer him starting point guard salary.
My concern is his contract will limit our cap flexibility. But you absolutely have to retain him.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#2962 » by tribulations » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:23 am

gottamakeit wrote:guys the offseason is over...

The off-season is never over :nod:
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,793

Post#2963 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:15 am

it might be fun to find what some users wrote about DFS,Bullock and Sterling Brown.... Oh yes and about DDR, Markaneen and others players they didn't want.

Now enjoy with YOUR favorite players.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#2964 » by LAL1947 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:00 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:it might be fun to find what some users wrote about DFS,Bullock and Sterling Brown.... Oh yes and about DDR, Markaneen and others players they didn't want.

What is the need for this kind of post? Do you at least understand why people would consider you a troll if you're constantly saying things like this? :P

DDR's salary is $27m, where was the space to sign him? Markkanen was acquired in a S&T, so who would you have sent to Chicago to get him, that they would accept?

Btw, who cares what we want here... do you think that impacts what the FO does? :lol:

And finally... YOU will "enjoy" this along with ALL of US. :devil:
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2965 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:01 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:it might be fun to find what some users wrote about DFS,Bullock and Sterling Brown.... Oh yes and about DDR, Markaneen and others players they didn't want.

What is the need for this kind of post? Do you at least understand why people would consider you a troll if you're constantly saying things like this? :P

DDR's salary is $27m, where was the space to sign him? Markkanen was acquired in a S&T, so who would you have sent to Chicago to get him, that they would accept?

Btw, who cares what we want here... do you think that impacts what the FO does? :lol:

Man you talked about Jericho **** Sims all summer :lol:

It was easy create a little cap space for sign DDR and Markaneen was traded for scrubs.
But you didn't like them, ok all happy right?
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#2966 » by LAL1947 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:44 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Man you talked about Jericho **** Sims all summer :lol:

It was easy create a little cap space for sign DDR and Markaneen was traded for scrubs.
But you didn't like them, ok all happy right?

I'd still like to see Jericho Sims on the Mavs even now... as the 3rd Center. The Mavs would need to spend time developing him as he has lots of things to improve on... but you also can't teach his natural gifts. Surely, he can't be more useless than Powell, WCS, Boban or Moses on defense... and he's better than them in PNR situations or when he gets the ball down low in the paint. Since he was a 2nd round pick, his salary would have only been $925k, which matters a whole lot with the current salary bill for Bigs.

Anyway, tell us exactly how you would have created space to sign DDR at $27m?
(Btw, I thought DDR would have been a good get when he was rumored to be available for $10-15m.)

Markkanen was traded for DJJ + lotto protected FRP + SRP. Which Mavericks scrubs do you think Chicago would take? I like Markkanen too and think he'd have been a good target, i.e., if the Mavs were trading Porzingis away. I make fun of the Mavs FO all the time, but even I can understand the FO being tentative about adding Markkanen to Porzingis + Kleber, since these three guys have some negative similarities? Also do you realize the total salary of the Bigs is currently $60m of the $112m salary cap? Add Markkanen's 15.7m takes the total salaries for Bigs over $75m! So unless the Bulls took Powell/WCS in return... 75/112 = 61% for 2 positions. :lol:

Most important question of all, why are you telling this to other fans as if the rest of us wanted this existing roster?
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2967 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:20 pm

Yes i agree with you,maybe a chair is more useful than Powell and WCS.
And i agree that Sims earns a 2RP.
But our FO offered those contract to them and trade a 2RP for a youtuber. It's not my fault.

Come on my friend, offer 10/15M per year DDR are ridiculous.
We had nearly 20M cap space, It would be very easy goes to 27/28M.
Probably DDR didn't want to come here but we never offered him a contract. Like other FAs.

And about our bigs salary you have to ask to the FO, they signed those guys.
Are ridiculous contract? Yes, of course.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,999

Post#2968 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:59 pm

LAL1947 wrote:

Not to mention DDR didn’t want to come to Dallas. He’s admittedly said that the Lakers were his first choice and obviously Chicago was his second choice.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#2969 » by HMFFL » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:10 am

Marvin Bagley refused to enter a game when Coach Luke Walton asked him to do so. It's only a matter of time before he's traded (like he wants).

I don't like how he's handled himself professionally with the Kings, but he is young, and is very talented.

Here is the article about him refusing to enter the game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/11/11/marvin-bagley-drama-on-kings-bench-seen-on-video/amp/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Speadge
Junior
And1: 300

Post#2970 » by Speadge » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:45 am

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,333

Post#2971 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:37 am

What a **** show, I have a family in the Sacramento area and the team is well supported (unlike the Mavs who are sideshow to the Cowboys), but it's the worst managed team in the league.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2972 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:51 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Sterling Brown and Bullock for cheap are good moves, hope at least one of them crack the rotation.

I responde to myself, maybe Bullock but after 10games seems another off season failure.
Their supposed 40%+ from 3point is a ghost, they are mediocre shooters.
Man see Bullock take a lay up is painful.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2973 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:16 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:I think THJ is slighty better overall, Duncan can only shoot and he often disappears in the playoffs. Plus he sign for much money.

Your opinion is based on zero data. Everyone has opinions, just like everyone has buttholes, and you know how the rest of that saying goes.

Disappear in the playoffs?

Duncan Robinson shoots 39.3% for his career in the playoffs.

THJ shoots 32.3% for his career in the playoffs.

The Mavs paid THJ 18.5 mil per season.

The Heat signed Duncan Robinson for 18 mil per season.

Your opinion is wrong. It is factually wrong.

Once again i was right.
Robinson is a worse player than THJ and the start of the season confirmed that, the Heat fans are blaming their FO for that contract. One of the worst in the NBA.

And DR plays with Lowry, Butler, Herro and Adebayo.

My opinion is right. Fact.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#2974 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:12 am

I'm going to choose to use this graphic to confirm what I feel about this team, i.e., they are Bottom 5-10 in the league in terms of quality. Only the Thunder, Rockets, Grizzlies, Pelicans, and Magic are worse. Need to add more talent to the starting 5.

Fantasy scenario time! Since I feel there's no chance of competing for the title this year, hoping that external reasons force a tank... getting a top 5-10 pick in next year's draft... with which I'd currently like to see the Mavs take Jabari Smith. If the Mavs can also get the 2023 FRP back from NY for Brunson, try re-routing that to the Spuds for Vassell. Keldon isn't a PF and Vassell is behind him in their SF depth... tap, tap, tap... promise him a starting role here.

Read on Twitter
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2975 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:25 am

Ouch.

It's a little bit ugly read now what i said for about 3/4 months when everyone was happy about our 40%+ 3point guys... But yes, better late than never :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately now is difficult sign good players because our cap is full of scrubs plus Luka/KP max contracts.
The summers of 2019 and 2020 buried this team.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#2976 » by arkuo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:01 pm

There is news out of Denver that Michael Porter Jr might be out for the season with a nerve issue in his spine.

Jamal Murray is also currently out for a some time. Jokic couldn't be happy with what's happening right now.

If Denver wants to get value out of Jamal Murray's contract, I was wondering if THJ + Jalen Brunson + Josh Green would work for them. Murray is a really good off ball point guard. Maybe one of the best 3&D point guards today. Should fit Luka's style of play as a secondary ball handler / playmaker.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,333

Post#2977 » by Mavrelous » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:12 pm

arkuo wrote:There is news out of Denver that Michael Porter Jr might be out for the season with a nerve issue in his spine.

Jamal Murray is also currently out for a some time. Jokic couldn't be happy with what's happening right now.

If Denver wants to get value out of Jamal Murray's contract, I was wondering if THJ + Jalen Brunson + Josh Green would work for them. Murray is a really good off ball point guard. Maybe one of the best 3&D point guards today. Should fit Luka's style of play as a secondary ball handler / playmaker.

Long shot, but worth taking IMO.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#2978 » by arkuo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:28 pm

KhalilS wrote:
arkuo wrote:There is news out of Denver that Michael Porter Jr might be out for the season with a nerve issue in his spine.

Long shot, but worth taking IMO.

Yeah. If it's on the table, I think the Mavs have to take the shot at it.

Murray is even younger than Brunson but his game has a higher trajectory IMO. Most people forget that Brunson was drafted late in his college career. He's already 25 years old, so ceiling is a question you have to ask when handing him a fresh large 4 or 5 year contract. It's good that he's playing well, but it comes with age. If Jalen is doing this and he's 19 years old, it's a no brainer. But a possible $20M per year contract when his game is not a clear product at 25 years old? A bit concerning. I'd sell high while his value is like this IMO. But that's just me.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#2979 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:25 pm

No way Denver trade Murray for that package...
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,347

Post#2980 » by dakomish23 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:10 am

I still think Simmons should be y’all target. Can guard a big wing very well & provide extra play making for all the finishers y’all have.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to Dallas Mavericks