ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks a potential landing spot for DeMar DeRozan?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Atlanta Hawks a potential landing spot for DeMar DeRozan?  

Post#21 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 1, 2021 8:23 pm

DeMar DeRozan can be had for what?
I'd love for him to be in our starting lineup.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#22 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:02 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:He's a clear upgrade over Bogs. I'd offer a snt involving the two. Knowing the Spurs, they try to extend him. Also of note, this is a contract year for him so we know how these things go.

This board may owe you an apology. DeRozan has been great this season and is undeniably contributing to a winner.

Read on Twitter
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#23 » by D21 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:17 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:He's a clear upgrade over Bogs. I'd offer a snt involving the two. Knowing the Spurs, they try to extend him. Also of note, this is a contract year for him so we know how these things go.

This board may owe you an apology. DeRozan has been great this season and is undeniably contributing to a winner.

I was certainly not expecting these kind of stats, and impact, but I always said that he had a better impact the few seasons he was shooting some 3s.
And since he's shooting 3s at a better % than ever, sure it changes the offense because defense have to fear him which open the other guys.
I will never understand why he didn't play all his seasons shooting more 3s, even at sub 30%, it was changing the team offense, so at 39%... but to me, it was too much of a gamble to sign him, not knowing if he would shoot 3s or not
Now, he's playing with CHI and it doesn't guarantee that with ATL, he would have bring the same thing.
If all our players were at their level, it would not need to be talked. But good for him
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#24 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:55 am

At this point, who cares about DD. He makes about 10m more per year than BB so I'd rather have Bogi. With that said, DD would look very good in this Hawks lineup.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#25 » by Geaux_Hawks » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:36 pm

D21 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

I was certainly not expecting these kind of stats, and impact, but I always said that he had a better impact the few seasons he was shooting some 3s.
And since he's shooting 3s at a better % than ever, sure it changes the offense because defense have to fear him which open the other guys.
I will never understand why he didn't play all his seasons shooting more 3s, even at sub 30%, it was changing the team offense, so at 39%... but to me, it was too much of a gamble to sign him, not knowing if he would shoot 3s or not
Now, he's playing with CHI and it doesn't guarantee that with ATL, he would have bring the same thing.
If all our players were at their level, it would not need to be talked. But good for him

The thing is, he's not even shooting a high volume of 3's either. He's averaging about 2.5 a game on attempts and not even hitting a full 1 a game. Where he's killing teams at is in the mid-range game. His mid-range jumper has been lethal so far this season. Combine that with the attention Lavine and Lonzo are attracting, and he's really just getting 1 on 1 looks to get defenders off balance since he is a threat to attack the rim.

That said, I probably wouldn't have signed him either this off-season. If his mid-range jumper isn't falling, he's probably not going to do much else, particularly from 3. I'd rather keeping betting on Huerter turning a corner in consistency, and having his range on the court.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#26 » by Spud2nique » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Read on Twitter

We are 12 games in. It’s a marathon. Hold off on handing out flowers just yet. This DD thing won’t age well. Reading this in April will bring a smile to our collective faces.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#27 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:40 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#28 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:39 pm

There's a chance DeRozan was being massively misused in SAS.

Ranking the NBA's 10 Biggest Surprises

3. DeMar DeRozan Joining MVP Race

Who peaks in their age-32 season? DeMar DeRozan, apparently.

He's been an All-Star before (four times) and a stat-sheet filler for the better part of a decade, but he's never been this. He's an MVP candidate—not a fringe candidate, not a sneaky sleeper, but someone fully in the running and keeping pace with everyone.

From one game-winner to the next, one bananas box score after another, he's leading the charge of the Eastern Conference's best team (more on that in a minute). Prior to this season, his teams had played better without him in 11 of his 12 years. Now, the Bulls are bulldozing teams by 9.7 points per 100 possessions when he plays and being outscored by 8.3 points per 100 possessions when he doesn't.

"He has come here for the right reasons," Bulls assistant Chris Fleming said, per NBC Sports Chicago's K.C. Johnson. "He really wants to be part of a winner."

DeRozan is turning the Bulls into a winner and reaching a level he never previously approached. The leap from really good to great might be the hardest in all of sports, and DeRozan is making it as a 32-year-old.

Even the most optimistic Chicago backers couldn't have seen this coming. DeRozan hasn't been an All-Star since 2017-18, which is the last (and only) season in which he finished top 10 in MVP voting (he was eighth). His 26.9 points per game are his most since 2016-17 (and second-highest of his career), and his 36.2 three-point percentage is easily the best he's ever posted.
Bleacher Report
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#29 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:07 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#30 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:53 pm

DD has been amazing this year. Very impressed he's been able to resuscitate his career at this age and stage.

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#31 » by Spud2nique » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:21 pm

It’s a great Cinderella story but we all know once the playoffs roll around DD is going away. It’s as certain as death and taxes.

Regular season performer with a ceiling to his team’s success no matter where he goes.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#32 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:53 pm

Spud2nique wrote:It’s a great Cinderella story but we all know once the playoffs roll around DD is going away. It’s as certain as death and taxes.

Regular season performer with a ceiling to his team’s success no matter where he goes.

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#33 » by Spud2nique » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:42 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:It’s a great Cinderella story but we all know once the playoffs roll around DD is going away. It’s as certain as death and taxes.

Let’s revisit this after round 1 of the playoffs.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#34 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:57 am

I hate to say it, but you might right on point with this one.

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#35 » by Spud2nique » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:58 am

Jamaaliver wrote:

I hate to say it, but you might right on point with this one.

Read on Twitter

:lol: You jinxed it straight!

Return to Atlanta Hawks