Re: All Elite Wrestling - Discussion 

Post#1701 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:45 am

That Punk/Kingston promo was awesome
Celtsfan1980
Assistant Coach
And1: 192

Post#1702 » by Celtsfan1980 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:02 pm

I don't notice MJF on Rampage very much. It makes it more enjoyable for me.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#1703 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:21 am

Don't know if anyone else saw it but Eddie Kingston wrote a piece for the Player's Tribune. Really great article and great life story, seems like an awesome guy. I was a fan before and even more so now.

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,033

Post#1704 » by daoneandonly » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:34 pm

bondom34 wrote:Don't know if anyone else saw it but Eddie Kingston wrote a piece for the Player's Tribune. Really great article and great life story, seems like an awesome guy. I was a fan before and even more so now.

Read on Twitter

Came to post this exact thing, very inspiring and heartfelt, highly recommended, and I'm not much of a reader at all.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1705 » by daoneandonly » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:35 pm

I was shocked last Friday when the crowd was somewhat split during the Punk/Kingston promo, I thought it would be Punk 100%. But now I see why Eddie is so loved and respected
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1706 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Also I don't know who follows him on Twitter, but there's plenty of interaction between Danhausen and AEW at the moment that I wonder if it might be a clue he gets a contract after his injury. ROH dissolved so he'd be able to and he's having some great Twitter content.

For those who don't follow he's got a back and forth with the Gunn brothers where he continually calls them the "Ass boys" to their annoyance, and apparently said he was going to headquarters to ask Tony Khan for a contract. Last night be posted a video of himself showing up to a random A&W drive thru.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#1707 » by FNQ » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:46 am

bondom34 wrote:Also I don't know who follows him on Twitter, but there's plenty of interaction between Danhausen and AEW at the moment that I wonder if it might be a clue he gets a contract after his injury. ROH dissolved so he'd be able to and he's having some great Twitter content.

For those who don't follow he's got a back and forth with the Gunn brothers where he continually calls them the "Ass boys" to their annoyance, and apparently said he was going to headquarters to ask Tony Khan for a contract. Last night be posted a video of himself showing up to a random A&W drive thru.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I do now. this guy is hilarious
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1708 » by bondom34 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:56 am

FNQ wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Also I don't know who follows him on Twitter, but there's plenty of interaction between Danhausen and AEW at the moment that I wonder if it might be a clue he gets a contract after his injury. ROH dissolved so he'd be able to and he's having some great Twitter content.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I do now. this guy is hilarious
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:lol:

If you like his twitter, and have time, he has some stuff on YouTube as well (plus his matches) :D. Inspired by a weird/random mix of pop culture, Conan O'Brien, The Simpsons, iirc PeeWee Herman. But I'm a fan, hoping he gets to AEW (apparently broke his tib/fib I think Halloween night and posted stuff on twitter of himself in the hospital, of course still with facepaint). I'm a fan.
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,900

Post#1709 » by Dubious Handles » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:27 am

Great episode of dynamite. Lots of matches, and they were all bangers. Good stuff!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1710 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:58 am

This show has been amazing. And my goodness Luchasaurus.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1711 » by WRau1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:12 am

Pretty fun show so far but w/ some very, very sloppy spots.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#1712 » by tugs » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:29 am

I've always wished Punk would sport a gear similar to Brock's. About time

And about time I switch back to a Punk avi

Read on Twitter
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man

Post#1713 » by Dubious Handles » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:13 pm

This Punk Kingston feud is great, I hope it drags on a while and is not a one and done match.

I was hoping Miro would get the win but this way his feud with God reaches a new level hopefully :D

What was that Cody Pac tag match?! I hope all four of them move on from whatever this angle is.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1714 » by daoneandonly » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:47 pm

Heel Bryan Danielson? Out of nowhere, but I like it. Shows how over Hangman is. And he can have great programs with Page, Darby, Jungle Boy, and Sammy and help get them over.

Also, cant wait to see the verbal exchanges between Punk and MJF
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man

Post#1715 » by Dubious Handles » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:06 am

What an episode of Dynamite :o Very chaotic but probably my favorite to date.
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#1716 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:40 pm

That was a magnificent episode. Top to bottom probably their best TV show I’ve seen.
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man

Post#1717 » by Dubious Handles » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Regarding the Cody situation, I have believed for a while now that this is all a work. His character has been so over the top the last few weeks / months and keeps getting worse. Like a heel who thinks hes a babyface, ala Homelander.

However, for anyone who doesnt watch AEW DARK, you are missing out on a treat :rofl: :rofl: For whatever reason it may be, Cody has been appearing on Sammy Guevara's vlog on youtube the last months dressed up as a luchador, claiming to be Fuego's son (Fuego 2 / Fuego dos).

A couple appearances later they had a more buff wrestler with a darker skin tone appear as Fuego dos on the vlog, with Cody somewhere in the background, as to confirm in Kayfabe that its not him. Fuego 1 and Fuego 2 have been since then wrestling on Dark and are 3-0 so far :lol: With every appearance Fuego 2 changes his style more and adds more to his gimmick and it is SO over with the fans. The most hilarious thing is the commentary of Taz and Excalibur during the matches, where Taz tries to guess who the wrestler under the mask is. They hide the neck tattoo even, claiming Fuego 2 suffers from sort of a rash and needs to go see a dermatologist.

I hope that they are angling towards having the tag team duo appear on dynamite after theyre like 10-0 on dark. Dynamite starts with the Fuegos getting cheered on big time and ends with Cody Rhodes in the main event getting his ass boo'd :P I dont think it'll happen, but AEW sometimes surprises you.

I'll post the corresponding Dark videos in the spoiler below in chronological order, the timestamps are in the comment section of Youtube always. The matches are short, but really good, highly recommended.

daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#1718 » by daoneandonly » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:09 pm

The MJF Punk promo exchange is must see for those who missed it. One of the best segments I've seen in ages.

Heel Danielson is his best iteration. I have a feeling Moxley was supposed to turn, but after his situation, they had to pivot. But I think it may have worked out for the best.

The best way to eventually turn Cody is to have him go back on his word about not challenging for the title and have him be the one to beat Hangman down the line.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#1719 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:08 pm

Punk and MJF promo was pretty fire, while you could make the argument that instead of a 20 minute promo that has everything let them do smaller ones over a longer PPV build, I think it's the type of moment that's good for AEW. Then Punk faces CAW QT Marshall guy followed by tag team match with Billy Gunn family and I immediately lost interest.

Danielson match with Cabana was solid, Danielson just gets it match wise. Not sure how I feel about some of Danielson's heel promo-ing there, my first impression was it was cringy, but by the end I was interested in his title feud with Page so I guess it worked enough(?)

Women's midcard belt? Not really feeling it. I'd have gone for a tag belt like WWE.

Another top signing (Cole) being put in a Best Friends story like they did Miro is lame. Maybe a few weeks is ok but if it's a multi month thing cause they don't have anything else for him, weak.

The 8 man tag was solid, a lot of talent in that match. Though at the end of the day after segments like Punk and Bryan's that seemed on another level, it's clear some of these guys like Andrade, Pac, Black should be seen as the high quality worker midcarder guys. How much better situation is that than WWE? It's better, but is it like ... only a little bit better? While most hate WWE too much to go back, I wonder if it becomes enticing at some point to go be TNA's #1 guy instead of being like in the 11-15th range for most important singles wrestlers in AEW. On the other hand it's also an opportunity for AEW to have a good midcard if they realize it's ok for them to take losses, imagine if after a hot promo like Punk vs MJF you go straight into some match between two quality guys like Pac vs Andrade or Guevara vs Black or something, one of them loses clean but it's ok, they'll even it out with some wins as well.
J-Wolves
Bench Warmer
And1: 887

Post#1720 » by J-Wolves » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:56 pm

AEW is doing some nice things but they just don't get it.
4 world champions since August 2019 and ONLY 4 title reigns.
People like regular title changes between legitimate champions rather than just 1 wrestler holding the belt for 6 months or a year before finally losing the belt not to win it back and then the new champ has his long run until he finally loses.

Also the tag division sucks.
Hardly ever a title change.
All the big names Jericho, Cage, Rhodes, Punk, Danielson, Moxley, Omega, Hangman, + next gen MJF, Darby and none of them are currently vying for the tag titles.
When you add star power, name recognition to the tag division it adds legitimacy and can bring up younger talent, heck even the WWE uses Orton, Roode, AJ Styles etc.
TNT Championship - same lack of title change story.

AEW has 2 good announcers Jim Ross, Tony Schiavone - Excalibur is ok (would be fine with either Tony or Jim + a proper color dude) but as the color commentator he sucks he is not funny nor an antagonist.
WWE commentary sucks all around.
July 4 2016, Kevin Durant declared his dependence day, dependent on the guys he couldn't beat!

Return to Pro Wrestling