ImageImageImage

Motor City Cruise Games

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Motor City Cruise Games 

Post#1 » by bstein14 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:48 pm

Instead of making a thread for each game, figured it might make more sense to have one to discuss games. Figured interest will be high as long as Lee and Garza are down there.

Tonight the Cruise have their first ever hone game against the Herd. 7PM and can be streamed on ESPN+.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Re: Motor City Cruise Games 

Post#2 » by 440BB » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:16 pm

The Cruise have a post on Facebook that they'll be streaming games live on their FB page.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#3 » by jakebernat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:30 pm

Cojo was laughably bad last night, it’s only a matter of time before saben takes his spot permanently.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#4 » by El Chivo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:23 pm

Sirvydis' stroke is very clean.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,048

Post#5 » by bstein14 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:00 pm

Saben with 33 points to follow up his 42 point performance. 4-8 from deep and 9 assists. Solid game for him but he did have 6 TOs.

THe guy getting the 2nd most attempts and points per game has been Garza and it will certainly be interested to see how Saben does if Garza gets moved back up with the Pistons due to the injury of KO.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#6 » by 440BB » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:16 pm

I was surprised Garza got 36 minutes last night with the Pistons playing tonight. I guess the Cruise home opener was a the reason but he will likely be in the Pistons rotation tonight.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,105

Post#7 » by Kilo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:19 pm

Did Deyonta Davis not report or playing elsewhere (ie overseas)?
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
jakebernat
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by jakebernat » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:28 pm

saben with another 40-piece. this man is going absolutely berserk. cojo can take a seat, lee’s earned his chance.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#9 » by Manocad » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:26 pm

jakebernat wrote:saben with another 40-piece. this man is going absolutely berserk. cojo can take a seat, lee’s earned his chance.

This is my biggest bone of contention with Casey right now. Cojo continues to play like absolute ass and Saben is still with the Cruise. Same with Lyles and Pickett. Now, admittedly I don't know what it would take to be able to bring both Pickett and Lee up; I'm assuming with Diallo apparently gone that opens up a guard spot. Don't know about swapping out Lyles for Pickett.

EDIT: Diallo may not be on the way out after all. There's nothing in the news today so maybe he just got a stern lecture.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#10 » by edmunder_prc » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:53 pm

El Chivo wrote:Sirvydis' stroke is very clean.

Yeah he looked good in the action I've seen from him, great shot, drove to the basket. Looked tall/big too - almost as big as Garza.

G-league team against our bench, who wins?

Saben Lee, Sirvydis, Livers, Picket, Garza can all shoot better than our bench guys (with KO out, who was the best shooter on the team).
jakebernat
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by jakebernat » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:59 pm

El Chivo wrote:Sirvydis' stroke is very clean.

always has been, it looks effortless. I know he gets a bunch of flack from the board here, but I think he’s good enough to make a roster based off his shooting alone. he just looks like he moves in slow motion :lol:
jakebernat
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by jakebernat » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:03 pm

Manocad wrote:
jakebernat wrote:saben with another 40-piece. this man is going absolutely berserk. cojo can take a seat, lee’s earned his chance.

This is my biggest bone of contention with Casey right now. Cojo continues to play like absolute ass and Saben is still with the Cruise. Same with Lyles and Pickett. Now, admittedly I don't know what it would take to be able to bring both Pickett and Lee up; I'm assuming with Diallo apparently gone that opens up a guard spot. Don't know about swapping out Lyles for Pickett.

EDIT: Diallo may not be on the way out after all. There's nothing in the news today so maybe he just got a stern lecture.

I mean, it was always clear from the jump that Casey was gonna lean on team Canada to stabilize the bench/young guys. it’s clear that at least SOMETHING has to happen, and i’d put my money on saben time.

and the diallo thing, I think was about his frustration with playing time, but also weaver letting him know that he needs to hold out for another month, and weaver will try and find a new place for him if the situation hasn’t been resolved.

that was a very long sentence.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#13 » by GreekAlex » Wed Dec 1, 2021 6:20 pm

I noticed that isaiah livers played one game for the cruise and missed the next 3 or 4 games.

Did he have a setback as far as his injury?

Return to Detroit Pistons