Image ImageImage Image

Dear Stacey King . . .

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Re: Dear Stacey King . . . 

Post#161 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:01 pm

Clearly you guys have never heard Wennington call games on the radio broadcast. Or remember Harry Carey like, at all.

Stacey and Adam are the best courtside duo in the league. Bane voice cracks me up every time, I will die on this hill.

He does need to update the catchphrases tho. That's legit.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#162 » by mhd » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:10 pm

As a non-Bulls fan, I find King hilarious. What other announcer starts going into Back to the Future?

The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,846

Post#163 » by The Explorer » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:22 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:jason benetti is way better than adam

Benetti is terrible. He is just interviewing King all game and it seems he doesn't have much knowledge of the game.
The viewer can tell how much Amin is into the game by how excited he gets at highlight plays.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,756

Post#164 » by Jcool0 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:37 pm

The Explorer wrote:

Benetti is terrible. He is just interviewing King all game and it seems he doesn't have much knowledge of the game.
The viewer can tell how much Amin is into the game by how excited he gets at highlight plays.

Benetti can actually do his job without needing to suck up to King all game.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,830

Post#165 » by bledredwine » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:26 pm

I like the weirdness.

I am weird and I’m always down to get weird.

I’m down with the weirdness.

Keep it up Stacey.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,098

Post#166 » by cool007 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:41 pm

I love how Stacey keeps saying that this is not last year's Bulls team ladies and gentlemen and then any time we are up by like double digits with 2 minutes remaining and the other team scores and cut it down to single digit and he goes in the panic mode.

I am like, relax Stacey. As you say, this is not last year's team. We are not letting the other team win when we are up by double digit. So please relax and don't instill panic in Bulls fans heads.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,681

Post#167 » by madvillian » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:12 pm

cool007 wrote:I love how Stacey keeps saying that this is not last year's Bulls team ladies and gentlemen and then any time we are up by like double digits with 2 minutes remaining and the other team scores and cut it down to single digit and he goes in the panic mode.

I am like, relax Stacey. As you say, this is not last year's team. We are not letting the other team win when we are up by double digit. So please relax and don't instill panic in Bulls fans heads.

Exactly. He's like a Labrador chasing a ball that gets distracted halfway there and ends up chasing a bee instead. It's so annoying listening to him spin around in circles emotionally.

At the end of the Mavs game he was all in a panic when they cut it to around 12 with three minutes to go and it's like dude, just relax, a couple of buckets or hell a single triple probably ends the game and that's pretty much exactly what happened. This isn't last year's team with Coby White trying to break a trap and turning it over you've got experienced vets like Derozan, Ball and Caruso around to help out.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#168 » by Rowland Garrett » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:14 pm

Golden Pipes and the Mike song done for Zach returned. :banghead:

And to those that like the STOOPID Bane voice... :crazy:
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,681

Post#169 » by madvillian » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:16 pm

Rowland Garrett wrote:Golden Pipes and the Mike song done for Zach returned. :banghead:

And to those that like the STOOPID Bane voice... :crazy:

I will add that like Funk, King also gets oddly mean spirited in his criticism of other teams and players. So you've got this corny ass persona suddenly coming with something like "and that's why he's played for 4 teams in 5 years bonehead plays like that".
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
RagingBull316
Rookie
And1: 909

Post#170 » by RagingBull316 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:34 pm

The Explorer wrote:

Exactly, the constant questions benetti asks are worse then anything Stacey had ever done or said. He is easily my least favorite guy to fill in. His style works for baseball, but there is too much going on during a basketball game.

The only thing that annoys me about Stacey is his constant need to complain about the Bulls defense on every shot the Bulls opponents make. The whole point of the opponents offense is to get guys to miss a rotation. It's going to happen multiple times per game, credit the opponents offense sometimes and quit with the "K.Y.P." and "you can't leave him" one possession...then the next possession blame them for not helping.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#171 » by Dresden » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:43 pm

I wish Stacey would lose 50-75 pounds- I worry about his health.
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#172 » by #1TKfan » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:15 am

Can we end this thread please? Love this man.
Going back to Cali, Cali Cali, I don't think so. Come on! Who remembers this?
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#173 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:13 am

Ok now we’re nitpicking. As I’m reading this thread people are starting to call out every little thing they’re annoyed with. You can do that with EVERY announcer in the NBA. Now people in this thread are going into each game & paying “extra” attention to what Stacey, Benetti, or Adam say. With that mentality you’ll be annoyed with anyone.

Just enjoy the game.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Rowland Garrett
Senior

Post#174 » by Rowland Garrett » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:24 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:Ok now we’re nitpicking. As I’m reading this thread people are starting to call out every little thing they’re annoyed with. You can do that with EVERY announcer in the NBA. Now people in this thread are going into each game & paying “extra” attention to what Stacey, Benetti, or Adam say. With that mentality you’ll be annoyed with anyone.

Just enjoy the game.

Silence is better.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#175 » by BullChit » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:59 am

I am a Stacey King supporter and don't get annoyed by his Bane voice but today the Cookie Monster stuff made empathise with all of you who don't like him..

I understand now even though I still support him
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#176 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:20 am

Rowland Garrett wrote:
SHO'NUFF wrote:Ok now we’re nitpicking. As I’m reading this thread people are starting to call out every little thing they’re annoyed with. You can do that with EVERY announcer in the NBA. Now people in this thread are going into each game & paying “extra” attention to what Stacey, Benetti, or Adam say. With that mentality you’ll be annoyed with anyone.

Just enjoy the game.

Silence is better.

I hope you, Adam, & Stacey go on a road trip. :crowded:
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Rowland Garrett
Senior

Post#177 » by Rowland Garrett » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:28 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:
Rowland Garrett wrote:

Just enjoy the game.

Silence is better.

I hope you, Adam, & Stacey go on a road trip. :crowded:

:rofl:
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,026

Post#178 » by coldfish » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:47 am

madvillian wrote:
cool007 wrote:I love how Stacey keeps saying that this is not last year's Bulls team ladies and gentlemen and then any time we are up by like double digits with 2 minutes remaining and the other team scores and cut it down to single digit and he goes in the panic mode.

Exactly. He's like a Labrador chasing a ball that gets distracted halfway there and ends up chasing a bee instead. It's so annoying listening to him spin around in circles emotionally.

At the end of the Mavs game he was all in a panic when they cut it to around 12 with three minutes to go and it's like dude, just relax, a couple of buckets or hell a single triple probably ends the game and that's pretty much exactly what happened. This isn't last year's team with Coby White trying to break a trap and turning it over you've got experienced vets like Derozan, Ball and Caruso around to help out.

For me, he makes opposing team runs exponentially worse. I can ignore the singing and stupid catch phrases when the team is doing well but as soon as the other team scores twice in a row he immediately starts with the idiotic analysis. He complains about every jump shot, regardless of it being good or not. Will demand that a big guy get it in the post, even if Vuc is 1 for 7 at the time. Every basket surrendered is somehow a mistake as he rants about KYP and dictating that the Bulls not close out on open shooters.

Basically, as I am getting frustrated with a run, he is piling on with stupidity. I invariably turn the volume off.

I miss Larrivee and Kerr. That was the best duo the Bulls have had since I have been listening.
t-time
RealGM
And1: 1,792

Post#179 » by t-time » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:05 pm

There were times last season where Amin made me second guess my long standing dislike for Funk. Last season King and Amin reminded of the guys that used to do the Orlando Summer league.

Credit to him he has toned down the over exaggerated laughing, and his play by play is pretty good. His big advantage over Funk is that he can identify which player is which and if a player is taking a 15 foot jump shot or a 3 pt attempt.
Shy Gorgeous-Al
Junior
And1: 299

Post#180 » by Shy Gorgeous-Al » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:16 pm

Are you guys serious? You need to appreciate Stacey when you have so many terrible broadcasting crews around the NBA. For example Austin Carr of the Cavs. I have no idea why this guy still has a job. I'm not even sure he speaks English.

Return to Chicago Bulls