kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Re: Ben Simmons Trade Thread Part 7 

Post#1261 » by kuclas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:56 pm

Tomjas wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
They know that the Sixers need to trade so will be offering lowballs until their own situation changes

So Morey will wait until the other team's situation changes. Why does he receive so much criticism from you for doing so?

Read my posts

Given that Morey didn’t trade Simmons before the draft, his next timeline is December 15 to the deadline

My criticism is him slandering Simmons in the meantime

How’s that helping?

The slander goes both ways.

Klutch sports leaked “Simmons time with embiid has come to and end”

“Simmons will rather sit at home for one year than play for sixers”

So what klutch did was not helping either.

And Simmons showing up giving half hearted effort in practice cause he was losing money being fined.

That helps?

Two way street.

If Simmons showed up. Played hard. Trade gets done by trade deadline. Be a professional.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1262 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:59 pm

What do people think about starting a separate Simmons thread that Tomjas is not allowed to post in? Like we can leave this one up for him to make his 50 daily posts about how mean everyone is being to little Benny and we can talk about actual trade ideas and thoughts in the other one?
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1263 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:01 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Ben Simmons retiring is an interesting concept. He doesn't seem like he likes basketball all that much or particularly cares about winning. It kinda does feel like he's just convincingly cosplaying being a basketball player and socialite. In his nature, he seems like a shy introvert with no charisma. It would be interesting to see him shift his career to professional gaming to see if that's where his true passion lies.

He may not love basketball but he likes everything that professional basketball gives him, the limelight, money, the attention from the media and women and the power. He will be hard pressed to give that up (retire) to be a professional gamer. Even though gaming is more low key It will not afford him the things he seems to crave that come along with being a basketball "superstar".

Wtf are you talking about?

The guy doesn’t speak and he’s set to earn hundreds of millions from his investment in a gaming company

You obviously know nothing about the guy
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#1264 » by Sixerscan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:05 pm

Tomjas wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
I have said no such thing

I don’t care whether Simmons gets paid or not as none of it is ending up in my pocket

My only position is that engaging in a war with Simmons lowers his trade value as any rational gm will realise that the situation is untenable

The point of saying he's not being entitled to money isn't because we do or don't care about it, it's explaining that's why the SIxers aren't just rolling over and blindly paying him millions of dollars to not show up like you want them to. Do you really not get that?

Btw for all we know that's not even Morey's call it could be the guys actually writing the checks.

It’s not my money so I don’t care whether Simmons gets paid or not

You obviously care waaaay more about it than I do

Why does it bother you so much when you will never see a dime of it?

Just weird

Yeah you clearly don't care about this, lol. We never followed up about that "he's losing us 200k a week" thing, what was that all about?

I've said in these threads in the past I don't care who gets the money, and it was up to me he would just get paid to stay home because that would be cleaner. That being said I don't write the checks and I get how the world works. Also find the whole back and forth interesting.

You keep whining about the Sixers not just letting him stay home and pay him, I'm explaining to you why, since you clearly don't understand the actual players here if you're just putting it all on Morey and not the owners, and you just respond with nonsense and some frankly pretty weird stuff over the past few months.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1265 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:05 pm

BullyKing wrote:What do people think about starting a separate Simmons thread that Tomjas is not allowed to post in? Like we can leave this one up for him to make his 50 daily posts about how mean everyone is being to little Benny and we can talk about actual trade ideas and thoughts in the other one?

From a “mod”

I actually suggest trade ideas while you cry because things haven’t worked out

It’s been obvious for some time and the fact that you don’t get it says it all
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,369

Post#1266 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:07 pm

One thing I think Klutch/Ben Simmons are not realizing is that after all of this, if and when Ben gets traded. He will have to perform on a high level if he ever wants to smell anything close to a max contract again. There is an old saying don't bite of your nose to spite your face. The long term effects of the way Klutch/Ben have gone about asking for a trade is a prime case of biting of your nose to spike your face. He so wants out of philly that he is willing to play every and any card. But long term it is going to cost him millions of dollars in contracts and probably endorsements. He is not Kyrie who can do the scorched earth thing and still come back and teams want him at top dollar....because he is a proven commodity. He is Ben Simmons who was afraid to dunk over Trae young.

Lebron was at one time the most hated player in basketball (except for Miami fans) but he wanted to win and he did win. And he managed to turn all the hate into love even from the fans that once burned his jersey. Can anyone envision Ben having anywhere that type of effect or even having that mindset to significantly improve his game?.

It has been a major miscalculation from Klutch/Ben. I guess they thought that Morey and the 76ers were going to roll over and play dead and just give in to their demands. This has been more of a fight that they were prepared for. As an agency you should want the max amount of money for your client. Klutch has cost Ben money and will continue to do so.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#1267 » by BullyKing » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:20 pm

Tomjas wrote:
BullyKing wrote:What do people think about starting a separate Simmons thread that Tomjas is not allowed to post in? Like we can leave this one up for him to make his 50 daily posts about how mean everyone is being to little Benny and we can talk about actual trade ideas and thoughts in the other one?

From a “mod”

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about - as always. I don't recall ever responding to a single one of your trade ideas - I don't even recall seeing one.

I have no idea what I am supposedly crying about. In any event, I have renamed this thread to the more appropriate name because you are constantly making it about you by fighting with literally everyone.

But I do think we need a thread where others can actually discuss Simmons without you dominating everything with your need for attention.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Re: The Tomjas Thread 

Post#1268 » by Bum Adebayo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:32 pm

I would personally trade Tomjas for nurseryc, I think Tomjas is fool's gold and will only get worse.
Horrible takes since 2016
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#1269 » by thenbaman » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:37 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

From a “mod”

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about - as always. I don't recall ever responding to a single one of your trade ideas - I don't even recall seeing one.

I have no idea what I am supposedly crying about. In any event, I have renamed this thread to the more appropriate name because you are constantly making it about you by fighting with literally everyone.

But I do think we need a thread where others can actually discuss Simmons without you dominating everything with your need for attention.

:nod:
Samson
Assistant Coach
And1: 243

Post#1270 » by Samson » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:41 pm

The fact that the same person argues with *EVERY. Single. PERSON* all-day, every-day, and tells *EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON* that he's right, been right, 101% of the time, you're all wrong, everyone's wrong, go back to your own business .... doesn't even click lol.

There is an old Irish saying: "If enough people tell you you're drunk, you don't deny it, demand another drink, and argue ... you lie down and go to sleep..."

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

At this point I'd trade him for that **** crazy Goalie the Flyers signed back a decade ago and he was nuts ... What are you thinking about before the game, Illya? "The Universe... is sooo Humongous Big... and we have some problem here on Earth??"! Then when we cut him finally, he says , "Yeeha that's great, that's what I wanted, now I get paid from Philly and get paid from someone else, === more better..."

T-man for Bryzgalov === best trade ever. And this clearly is the Best Thread Title Ever. I salute you good sir.
NYSixersFan
Veteran
And1: 1,531

Post#1271 » by NYSixersFan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Black Mage wrote:
Mik317 wrote:
NYSixersFan wrote:I think Ben is causing Sixer fans mental health problems.

naw we had that before this as shown by us willingly rooting for this franchise

Being a Philly sports fan is a perpetual mental health issue.

Imagine being a Sixers and WFT fan these days.
Philly's Best
Senior
And1: 96

Post#1272 » by Philly's Best » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:49 pm

It would be interesting at this point if they call Ben and Klutches bluff and trade him tomorrow, see how quickly he suits up. If it's anytime soon they have cause to sue for damages.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid.
Charles Barkley
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#1273 » by GoSixersBro » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:43 pm

Eyeamok wrote:One thing I think Klutch/Ben Simmons are not realizing is that after all of this, if and when Ben gets traded. He will have to perform on a high level if he ever wants to smell anything close to a max contract again. There is an old saying don't bite of your nose to spite your face. The long term effects of the way Klutch/Ben have gone about asking for a trade is a prime case of biting of your nose to spike your face. He so wants out of philly that he is willing to play every and any card. But long term it is going to cost him millions of dollars in contracts and probably endorsements. He is not Kyrie who can do the scorched earth thing and still come back and teams want him at top dollar....because he is a proven commodity. He is Ben Simmons who was afraid to dunk over Trae young.

Lebron was at one time the most hated player in basketball (except for Miami fans) but he wanted to win and he did win. And he managed to turn all the hate into love even from the fans that once burned his jersey. Can anyone envision Ben having anywhere that type of effect or even having that mindset to significantly improve his game?.

It has been a major miscalculation from Klutch/Ben. I guess they thought that Morey and the 76ers were going to roll over and play dead and just give in to their demands. This has been more of a fight that they were prepared for. As an agency you should want the max amount of money for your client. Klutch has cost Ben money and will continue to do so.

Very well said.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,759

Post#1274 » by mjkvol » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:48 pm

BullyKing wrote:I have no idea what I am supposedly crying about. In any event, I have renamed this thread to the more appropriate name because you are constantly making it about you by fighting with literally everyone.

Thank you.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,369

Post#1275 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:42 pm

When Ben finally gets traded I will be watching all of his games with his new team. I expect him to do extremely well initially. Then revert back to old Ben and look for an early summer exit.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Madd Squabbles
Junior
And1: 192

Post#1276 » by Madd Squabbles » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:21 pm

Kobblehead wrote:I find it so odd that there's no smoke on the Brandon Ingram trade front. The Pelicans are 1-11 and they have a maxed out 24 year old. How has Ingram not demanded out yet?

Because he just signed a contract and Simmons is the only idiot that demands a trade during the first year of his deal.

There is no smoke because the Pels love Ingram and he likes it in New Orleans. The Pells are 1-11 because they are playing without their two best players at the moment. Adding Simmons to the team will not magically make the team a winner. Right not the Pels problem is a lack of shooting. In what universe does trading their best shooter for Simmons fix that problem?
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#1277 » by GutUNC » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:The league will eventually intervene (as they always do) and force a trade. Ben not playing hurts them and the fight being so public must be driving Silver crazy.

Not sure how this is hurting the league - it’s barely hurting the Sixers. And the public drama is the stuff the league runs on during the regular season.

Multiple reasons:

-Distracts from the actual product
-Will be a point of contention at the next CBA
-Hurts the image of a marketable 3x All-Star and keeps him sidelined.
-Forces the NBA to confront the nebulous issue of mental health, particular how it relates to being an injury.

The drama benefits the media, doesn't really add money to the pocket of the NBA. I mean, maybe Ben's first game back will draw numbers and his first game back in Philly will be primetime TV. But Stephen A Smith screaming on First Take isn't doing anything for the NBA.

"Doesn't do anything" is exactly what I think here. Are ratings down because of Ben Simmons? Do you think the union is going to have Ben Simmons fake mental issues as a sticking point in the next CBA? I certainly don't.
GDTBATH
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#1278 » by elchengue20 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:54 pm

Ben Simmons playing with Zion makes ZERO sense.

If NO gets involved its for sure in a 3 team deal.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,664

Post#1279 » by Negrodamus » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:05 pm

GutUNC wrote:Are ratings down because of Ben Simmons?

No, were ratings down because we were tanking? Did Jerry/Bryan Colangelo fix that solution?

GutUNC wrote:Do you think the union is going to have Ben Simmons fake mental issues as a sticking point in the next CBA?

I think owners will point to this as being a large amount of exposure for something that is considered an extremely complex issue. Can't dismiss players with mental issues since the stigma exists, but players can certainly utilize it to be paid millions and not play for a franchise they don't like.... you know, kind of like what is *allegedly* occurring right now. With multiple players being open about their issues with mental health, it's becoming commonplace to talk about these issues, which is absolutely great. But there are also players like Kawhi, James Harden, Ben, Jimmy, who have tried to push their way out in the past 5 years with some even exaggerating injuries so they would be paid while holding out. Mental health issues becomes this umbrella issue that owners can't touch. Even now, many in the media are calling out Morey for trying to intervene with his treatment.

Imagine if this goes into next summer? Silver is not going to tolerate that. This is the league that vetoed the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers because they didn't like it.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#1280 » by GutUNC » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:28 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
GutUNC wrote:Are ratings down because of Ben Simmons?

No, were ratings down because we were tanking? Did Jerry/Bryan Colangelo fix that solution?

GutUNC wrote:Do you think the union is going to have Ben Simmons fake mental issues as a sticking point in the next CBA?

I think owners will point to this as being a large amount of exposure for something that is considered an extremely complex issue. Can't dismiss players with mental issues since the stigma exists, but players can certainly utilize it to be paid millions and not play for a franchise they don't like.... you know, kind of like what is *allegedly* occurring right now. With multiple players being open about their issues with mental health, it's becoming commonplace to talk about these issues, which is absolutely great. But there are also players like Kawhi, James Harden, Ben, Jimmy, who have tried to push their way out in the past 5 years with some even exaggerating injuries so they would be paid while holding out. Mental health issues becomes this umbrella issue that owners can't touch. Even now, many in the media are calling out Morey for trying to intervene with his treatment.

Imagine if this goes into next summer? Silver is not going to tolerate that. This is the league that vetoed the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers because they didn't like it.

The problem with tanking was idiots in the media like Wilbon acting like it was a new thing and ripping the team for doing it. That actually did bring negative attention to the league, unlike this Simmons situation. Nationally, no one cares about this as anything other then a soap opera topic.

David Stern veoted the Paul trade. He's dead now. That's not a Silver move.
GDTBATH

Return to Philadelphia 76ers