Image ImageImage Image

Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#141 » by AKfanatic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:20 am

While obviously it’d be preferred that Vuc were able to keep playing, building off his recent success, and the team continuing to build chemistry with the main guys. Vuc missing a handful of games here may be a blessing. Not only will it force Billy give some more meaningful minutes to guys like Bradley which could in turn pay dividends down the line by having more experience for the teams big-man depth…. But with the absence of Vuc, the Bulls will be forced to hit the boards as a team much harder in order to win these next 6 games.

That really could help the team work through one of their weaknesses when Vuc returns and as the season progresses
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#142 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:01 am

freaking Co... crap! I hope he gets re-tested 3 at least,bcs of this tests **** quality and they are not reliable at all! My former co-worker tested 3 times in a day, two negative, one positive LOL... soo sick and tired of this corona crap bs
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,133

Post#143 » by HomoSapien » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:27 am

AKfanatic wrote:While obviously it’d be preferred that Vuc were able to keep playing, building off his recent success, and the team continuing to build chemistry with the main guys. Vuc missing a handful of games here may be a blessing. Not only will it force Billy give some more meaningful minutes to guys like Bradley which could in turn pay dividends down the line by having more experience for the teams big-man depth…. But with the absence of Vuc, the Bulls will be forced to hit the boards as a team much harder in order to win these next 6 games.

That really could help the team work through one of their weaknesses when Vuc returns and as the season progresses

I'm thinking we see some monster rebounding games from Alize during this stretch. Hopefully he's able to re-establish himself as a useful player. We were all pretty high on him during the pre-season and for a solid reason at that.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Senor Chang
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,212

Post#144 » by Senor Chang » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:01 am

Can team ambassadors suit up? Maybe Joakim would be up for one more run with us.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM Forums mobile app
wayoftheroad wrote:We’re getting bodied by Moochie Norris lmao
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#145 » by Dresden » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Just when Vuc seemed to be rounding into form, too.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,344

Post#146 » by jnrjr79 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:42 pm

When did this report come out? That's great news. At media day, AK said that the team was not then fully vaxxed. Hopefully this minimizes the extent to which Vooch may spread it among the team and it means anyone who does test positive can return with two negative tests.

So, the best it could be, for what it is.
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#147 » by #1TKfan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
#1TKfan wrote:Bulls were winning when he wasn't playing well. This hurts, yeah, but next man up. Still got 4 wins on the WC trip.

No. He was playing well. He wasn't shooting well. This is going to hurt. Bulls dont have any kind of replacement for him.

Vuc has been playing good defense and sees the floor well. This is going to have impact even when Vuc is sucking he has gravity and keeps the defense honest. It is big for opening the floor up. They will trap, but we did see Bradley pass nicely to Ayo out of the trap.. if he does stuff like that and is just competent scoring and making passes when they cheat off of him, then we should be ok for a stretch. This is the stretch where Pat will be missed. If healed up from his other injuries it’s likely he would have been playing better each game and he would have had a chance to impact more without Vuc out there.

All that being said, the Bulls are pretty versatile and can do a few different looks. Absolutely imperative for Lonzo to keep his offensive production up though. Still Vuc being out can give some other guys time to learn and get better. Even if we suffer losses because of it, let’s just hope for growth.

"Keep the defense honest" that's what he was doing during his bad shooting. I seen enough of Bradley to do the same thing.
We also have to remember that we are going to have rely on offense more than D in this WC trip. Zack, DD, and Ball are going to have to push the pace. I like Bradley's versatility to keep up.
Again, Vuc's absence will hurt. Especially since he was starting to knock down shots. There's DEFINITELY going to be times when we say " We need Vuc right now ."However, I like this team's depth and tenacity to compete with the WC offense.
A W against the Warriors would work wonders during this trip. Or even a tight game down to wire.
It would really show what the Bulls are made of. Build that confidence for the remaining games.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#148 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:30 pm

#1TKfan wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
No. He was playing well. He wasn't shooting well. This is going to hurt. Bulls dont have any kind of replacement for him.

Vuc has been playing good defense and sees the floor well. This is going to have impact even when Vuc is sucking he has gravity and keeps the defense honest. It is big for opening the floor up. They will trap, but we did see Bradley pass nicely to Ayo out of the trap.. if he does stuff like that and is just competent scoring and making passes when they cheat off of him, then we should be ok for a stretch. This is the stretch where Pat will be missed. If healed up from his other injuries it’s likely he would have been playing better each game and he would have had a chance to impact more without Vuc out there.

All that being said, the Bulls are pretty versatile and can do a few different looks. Absolutely imperative for Lonzo to keep his offensive production up though. Still Vuc being out can give some other guys time to learn and get better. Even if we suffer losses because of it, let’s just hope for growth.

"Keep the defense honest" that's what he was doing during his bad shooting. I seen enough of Bradley to do the same thing.
We also have to remember that we are going to have rely on offense more than D in this WC trip. Zack, DD, and Ball are going to have to push the pace. I like Bradley's versatility to keep up.
Again, Vuc's absence will hurt. Especially since he was starting to knock down shots. There's DEFINITELY going to be times when we say " We need Vuc right now ."However, I like this team's depth and tenacity to compete with the WC offense.
A W against the Warriors would work wonders during this trip. Or even a tight game down to wire.
It would really show what the Bulls are made of. Build that confidence for the remaining games.

Truth be told in any single game we can overcome not having Vuc out there. In a series he absolutely has to be a threat. GSW have not seen this pesky bulls team and we are pesky. This bulls team doesn’t roll over and always makes the other team sweat. We are that team now. Wow!
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#149 » by #1TKfan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
#1TKfan wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Truth be told in any single game we can overcome not having Vuc out there. In a series he absolutely has to be a threat. GSW have not seen this pesky bulls team and we are pesky. This bulls team doesn’t roll over and always makes the other team sweat. We are that team now. Wow!

Totally agree. Well said. Tonight should be fun.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#150 » by MrSparkle » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:52 pm

Well it’s still a part of reality. I hope he’s asymptomatic and recovers quick, if indeed positive (not a false test).
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#151 » by kodo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:56 pm

Senor Chang wrote:Can team ambassadors suit up? Maybe Joakim would be up for one more run with us.

If Haslem is playing for a contending Miami team, sure as hell Jo can play for us.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#152 » by kodo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:01 pm

AKfanatic wrote:While obviously it’d be preferred that Vuc were able to keep playing, building off his recent success, and the team continuing to build chemistry with the main guys. Vuc missing a handful of games here may be a blessing. Not only will it force Billy give some more meaningful minutes to guys like Bradley which could in turn pay dividends down the line by having more experience for the teams big-man depth…. But with the absence of Vuc, the Bulls will be forced to hit the boards as a team much harder in order to win these next 6 games.

Agreed. These will be good "figure out how to play without Vuc" games that we'll need down the line. Let's be honest goals this year were to make the playoffs, the season can hardly be called a disaster if we lose #1 seeding in this stretch. Nobody predicted that.

One thing I'll watch for is that while we always drop back with Vuc which kills us in P&R with shooters like Curry, Alize switches on P&Rs and can stay with perimeter ballhandlers. It will be interesting to see if that ends up actually helping with a team like GS.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#153 » by StunnerKO » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:15 pm

Yea that Matt Thomas roster spot needs to be filled with a big with some type of scoring especially with Coby returning in a few days he’s not needed anymore .
So maybe Jontay,Boogie , or Jahlil make sense for cheap.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#154 » by Andi Obst » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:08 pm

StunnerKO wrote:Yea that Matt Thomas roster spot needs to be filled with a big with some type of scoring especially with Coby returning in a few days he’s not needed anymore .

I don't see any roster changes being made on the West Coast trip.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#155 » by StunnerKO » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:14 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:Yea that Matt Thomas roster spot needs to be filled with a big with some type of scoring especially with Coby returning in a few days he’s not needed anymore .

Not even a west coast thing it’s a change that should happen in general, Thomas roster spot was always on the line until Coby got healthy.
ArtMorte
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#156 » by ArtMorte » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:25 pm

Our big man depth was always a worry, time to see how much impact is has.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#157 » by Andi Obst » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:56 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

Not even a west coast thing it’s a change that should happen in general, Thomas roster spot was always on the line until Coby got healthy.

That’s a good point - and I don’t expect Thomas to finish the season with the Bulls - but I still don’t think that change is happening soon.

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#158 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:54 pm

kodo wrote:
Senor Chang wrote:Can team ambassadors suit up? Maybe Joakim would be up for one more run with us.

If Haslem is playing for a contending Miami team, sure as hell Jo can play for us.

Did you see that lob from Herro though…. Yikes I don’t want to see Jo fall like that
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,133

Post#159 » by HomoSapien » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:02 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

Yeah I agree. We must really be high on him, because we have much bigger needs.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#160 » by Andi Obst » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter

I'll be honest: I'm always down for wild stuff like that, can't help myself.

Return to Chicago Bulls