ImageImage

Greensboro Swarm: The G-League Thread

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

vorbis
Veteran
And1: 671

Re: Greensboro Swarm: The G-League Thread 

Post#521 » by vorbis » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:01 pm

9 turnovers for Vernon Carey last night, vs 13 field goal attempts. yeesh.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#522 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 7, 2021 8:06 pm

vorbis wrote:9 turnovers for Vernon Carey last night, vs 13 field goal attempts. yeesh.

They were really bad turnovers as well - which makes it that much worse IMO.
B B M F 'ers
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#523 » by yosemiteben » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:22 pm

Read on Twitter

There it is
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#524 » by HornetJail » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:40 pm

glad they'll get some burn somewhere. playing most of their rookie seasons in Greensboro definitely worked out for Devonte' and Jalen, they looked much improved late in their rookie seasons. Hopefully the same goes for Bouk and Kai.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#525 » by yosemiteben » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:01 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:glad they'll get some burn somewhere. playing most of their rookie seasons in Greensboro definitely worked out for Devonte' and Jalen, they looked much improved late in their rookie seasons. Hopefully the same goes for Bouk and Kai.

Yep, Caleb Martin too. Getting assigned to our G league team isn't the sign of failure that it once was for this team.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#526 » by HornetJail » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:01 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:glad they'll get some burn somewhere. playing most of their rookie seasons in Greensboro definitely worked out for Devonte' and Jalen, they looked much improved late in their rookie seasons. Hopefully the same goes for Bouk and Kai.

Yep, Caleb Martin too. Getting assigned to our G league team isn't the sign of failure that it once was for this team.

ehhh on Caleb. He got hot for a few games at the end of that season, and then went right back to being a walking brick last year. His defensive effort improved but that's really about it. Devonte' and Jalen had lasting improvement.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#527 » by BigSlam » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:07 pm

We have a game tomorrow at 7:00pm - hopefully Bouk and Kai are there and gets loads of PT.

Their next opportunity to play for the Swarm wont be until Friday of next week.
B B M F 'ers
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,169

Post#528 » by SWedd523 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:57 pm

yosemiteben wrote:

Agreed. No idea why it wouldn't be the standard to just keep them down there and bring them up as needed
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#529 » by yosemiteben » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:03 am

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

ehhh on Caleb. He got hot for a few games at the end of that season, and then went right back to being a walking brick last year. His defensive effort improved but that's really about it. Devonte' and Jalen had lasting improvement.

Not sure if this changes your comment, but I definitely meant to refer to Cody Martin.
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#530 » by HornetJail » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:06 am

yosemiteben wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Yep, Caleb Martin too. Getting assigned to our G league team isn't the sign of failure that it once was for this team.

Not sure if this changes your comment, but I definitely meant to refer to Cody Martin.

ah lol

Caleb was the one who actually spent significant time there though. Cody played just five games for Greensboro
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#531 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:02 am

Bouk and Kai both starting Vs the Vipers.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#532 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:05 am

In previous games I’ve thought that Crutcher had done a good job running the point and getting shots for team mates.

Be good to see Bouk and Kai play with a passing PG (unlike SL).
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Greensboro Swarm: The G-League Thread 

Post#533 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:22 am

I get it’s not great to play all the time like your hair is on fire, but Bouk could maybe elevate his energy up one or two levels from the “I look like I couldn’t give two sh*ts” level he plays at now.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#534 » by BigSlam » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:07 am

Swarm fought back but ended up losing a close one.

Things to like from Bouk’s game (good boxscore numbers)
Things to dislike from Bouk’s game (game play wasn’t as good as his boxscore suggests).

Things to like from Kai’s game (good boxscore numbers).
Things to dislike from Kai’s game (he gets man handled).
B B M F 'ers
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#535 » by yosemiteben » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:23 am

Read on Twitter

Down huge, fight to get back into it but lose at the end? Love how the Swarm are really copying the Hornets blueprint.
BurrellFor3
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#536 » by BurrellFor3 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:37 am

Bouk really balled out tonight, I thought he really picked up the intensity after the first few minutes. He showed a variety of moves on offense, shot the ball excellent from 3 and many were difficult shots and deep, and had good hands and awareness on D. How is this dude not getting minutes on the hornets…
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#537 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:13 am

BurrellFor3 wrote:Bouk really balled out tonight, I thought he really picked up the intensity after the first few minutes. He showed a variety of moves on offense, shot the ball excellent from 3 and many were difficult shots and deep, and had good hands and awareness on D. How is this dude not getting minutes on the hornets…

Because oubre, rozier, and Martin and better right now.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#538 » by yosemiteben » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:22 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
BurrellFor3 wrote:Bouk really balled out tonight, I thought he really picked up the intensity after the first few minutes. He showed a variety of moves on offense, shot the ball excellent from 3 and many were difficult shots and deep, and had good hands and awareness on D. How is this dude not getting minutes on the hornets…

And McDaniels. Rotation is just full
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,081

Post#539 » by JDR720 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:54 am

The Swarm are really bad. They've had all their games at home and lost them all. Good effort this game though.
BurrellFor3
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#540 » by BurrellFor3 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:53 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:

I get it, but in terms of pure skill and talent, I think Bouk is hands down a better player than Martin, and probably Oubre. I don’t know Martin’s stats from when he played gleague, but I don’t know if he’s capable of dropping 33 and being clearly that much better than everyone else on the floor like Bouk was tonight. I’m not bashing Martin, just making a point that talent needs to see the floor sooner or later, and I think it will be sooner.

Return to Charlotte Hornets