ImageImageImage

Welcome Tyrese Maxey!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#821 » by Lou_23 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:00 pm

I love this kid. He isnt only good, he is very entertaining to watch.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,420

Post#822 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:25 pm

Can he be a legitimate #2 option on this team next year?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 825

Post#823 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:29 pm

Maxey should've been starting over a benched Simmons in last year's playoff series against Atlanta.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#824 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:31 pm

Lou_23 wrote:I love this kid. He isnt only good, he is very entertaining to watch.

And he is an extremely hard worker. Not only does he work hard but he believes that hard work is the key to his continued success. A great pick.

A few night ago I watched T. J. McConnell blow past the Kings defense time and time again. And I said to myself if Maxey continues to work with the speed he already has ,he is faster that McConnell, this guy is going to be a major problem for a lot of NBA teams.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#825 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Watch the Raps game. He’s adjusting on his drives to get more to the line. I hope im right and he has figured it out.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#826 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:49 pm

Ferry Avenue wrote:Maxey should've been starting over a benched Simmons in last year's playoff series against Atlanta.

He was not ready. He was very raw and predictable. He had the one good game and then Atlanta adjusted to him extremely well. So what did Maxey do? He went home and got better.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#827 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:06 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Ferry Avenue wrote:Maxey should've been starting over a benched Simmons in last year's playoff series against Atlanta.

He was not ready. He was very raw and predictable. He had the one good game and then Atlanta adjusted to him extremely well. So what did Maxey do? He went home and got better.

Agree. And we actually tried to gave him a heat check in g7 and was cold so we even had to rely on Milton (remember that Milton basket when it was supposed to be a travel down the stretch)

The biggest mistake was getting George Hill. We should have tried getting someone more useful.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,581

Post#828 » by Slacktard » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:06 pm

I said this in another Maxey thread... but Maxey is looking like what Fultz was supposed to be and the goal was to play Fultz with SImmons.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#829 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:08 pm

Slacktard wrote:

I said this in another Maxey thread... but Maxey is looking like what Fultz was supposed to be and the goal was to play Fultz with SImmons.

I dont know if you guys remember. But check the white vs blue team thread. People were already talking about how smooth or much better our offense look with Fultz running the team than Ben.

Pick and roll is the cheat code in today’s NBA. And you can’t run it with both Biid and Ben. No wonder Jimmy have to make all that drama in our practice
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#830 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:28 pm

Slacktard wrote:

If all things would have stayed equal how "ok" would Ben have been with the ball in Fultz hands most of the time. And Ben would still be a liability in a playoff series...hack a ben. And when Ben does not have the ball in his hands what is he going to do. Clog the lane for Embiid? It was always going to be a situation.

Marlo
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,581

Post#831 » by Slacktard » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:48 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Slacktard wrote:

If all things would have stayed equal how "ok" would Ben have been with the ball in Fultz hands most of the time. And Ben would still be a liability in a playoff series...hack a ben. And when Ben does not have the ball in his hands what is he going to do. Clog the lane for Embiid? It was always going to be a situation.

Oh. I definitely agree that we're in 2021 heading towards 2022. It's not 2017 or 2018. I guess the question is had Fultz actually been what he was envisioned/hoped to be (at least by the Sixers front office) would the Sixers have been forced to resolve a Ben Simmons issue 3 years ago then? Would Simmons of that era been able to better handle things than a Ben Simmons who has had 3 years of all-star games and being talked about as a really good player and signed a huge max contract?

I just find it kinda interesting that Maxey looks like he could become what Fultz was hoped to become.
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 535

Post#832 » by sodmoraes » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Imagine if Fultz shot the ball like a normal person, and played like you would expect from a first pick? Probably Bum Simmons would have threw a hissy fit in his rookie year, and the situation would be dealt then. If i remember, when fultz was drafted Simmons said he was a point guard, already showing shades of insecurity back then .. :lol:
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Ferry Avenue
Starter
And1: 825

Post#833 » by Ferry Avenue » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:13 pm

Eyeamok wrote:

He would've been better than the ball and chain Simmons in my opinion. When everybody on the team knows a player is making the team worse, that player has to be removed. Almost any substitute would be better, even if their effect on the floor is merely neutral.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#834 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:28 pm

Slacktard wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
Slacktard wrote:

Oh. I definitely agree that we're in 2021 heading towards 2022. It's not 2017 or 2018. I guess the question is had Fultz actually been what he was envisioned/hoped to be (at least by the Sixers front office) would the Sixers have been forced to resolve a Ben Simmons issue 3 years ago then? Would Simmons of that era been able to better handle things than a Ben Simmons who has had 3 years of all-star games and being talked about as a really good player and signed a huge max contract?

I just find it kinda interesting that Maxey looks like he could become what Fultz was hoped to become.

It's crazy that Fultz is probably never going to be what most people thought Fultz was going to be.

That being said I believe the answer to your question is has Ben grown as a veteran/leader on this team? Has Ben become a better player, improved his offensive game? Has Ben matured? The answer to all of these questions seems to be no. Now add in the fact that Ben was not listening to the coaching staff and he was the GM's crown jewel pick. Fultz would have been traded before Ben accepted a reduced role that did not allow hm to become an all star. And with the ball in Fultz's hands that is probably where we were heading.

Marlo
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,850

Post#835 » by mjkvol » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:17 pm

Eyeamok wrote:

What a concept.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#836 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:45 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

What a concept.

I know crazy right!

Marlo
P-K4
Freshman
And1: 24

Post#837 » by P-K4 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:32 pm

In my mind, I did an all too early re-draft of the 2020 draft. Productive players are guys like Ant Edwards, Lamelo, Halliburton, Cole Anthony, Beef Stew, Saddiq, Maxey and Quickley. Wiseman hurt.

When I look at this and think about it, I think we got a top 5 prospect. My redo has Edwards, Lamelo, Cole Anthony (?!?), Maxey and then either Wiseman or Halliburton...That's a seriously good find!
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 535

Post#838 » by sodmoraes » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:10 pm

P-K4 wrote:In my mind, I did an all too early re-draft of the 2020 draft. Productive players are guys like Ant Edwards, Lamelo, Halliburton, Cole Anthony, Beef Stew, Saddiq, Maxey and Quickley. Wiseman hurt.

When I look at this and think about it, I think we got a top 5 prospect. My redo has Edwards, Lamelo, Cole Anthony (?!?), Maxey and then either Wiseman or Halliburton...That's a seriously good find!

Do you rate Cole better than Maxey? Both are undersized sgs. Cole is the better shooter, but i think Maxey potential is better: He´s a better athlete and defender. Both arent good passers, but i think Maxey can improve his shooting, so he offers more than Anthony.
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,122

Post#839 » by Arsenal » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:14 pm

sodmoraes wrote:
P-K4 wrote:In my mind, I did an all too early re-draft of the 2020 draft. Productive players are guys like Ant Edwards, Lamelo, Halliburton, Cole Anthony, Beef Stew, Saddiq, Maxey and Quickley. Wiseman hurt.

Do you rate Cole better than Maxey? Both are undersized sgs. Cole is the better shooter, but i think Maxey potential is better: He´s a better athlete and defender. Both arent good passers, but i think Maxey can improve his shooting, so he offers more than Anthony.

Cole Anthony has been outstanding so far this year, even outplaying Maxey in certain aspects. You could argue he's been better overall, but it's definitely close. I think those two guys will be linked together and compared for their entire careers.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#840 » by DCasey91 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:18 pm

76ciology wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

Agree. And we actually tried to gave him a heat check in g7 and was cold so we even had to rely on Milton (remember that Milton basket when it was supposed to be a travel down the stretch)

The biggest mistake was getting George Hill. We should have tried getting someone more useful.

The actual biggest mistake Doc did was pull out Milton with 7:34 to go up 4 for Seth.

Ben, Milton Thybulle, Harris Embiid for better or worse imo. Down 5 to start the last quarter then up 4 (+9) By far our best looking unit for the night.

Zero reason to change it with all the momentum. Watch closely the sudden shift after the change that didn’t need to be made.

Don’t care if it’s Paul Reed you ride it until the wheels fall off it’s how we operate.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers