ImageImageImage

Game 12: Heat vs Clippers 11/11 Thursday 10:30pm ET

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Re: Game 12: Heat vs Clippers 11/11 Thursday 10:30pm ET 

Post#581 » by somerandomdude » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:58 pm

greg4012 wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
harlem_ball wrote:

Yeah I don't get why you are jumping to such a grand conclusion based off of these trivialities. Strategy can be adjusted. Do you not think they have the personnel? I think the main reason they won't win a title is because they lack a true top 5 player. Can a committee defeat that flaw? Maybe.

It's a long season and things are just getting started. To make any conclusions at this point is delusional at best but whatever. Speculation is speculation, I guess.

> jumping to such a grand conclusion based off of these trivialities

They're trivial in the sense that they can probably be fixed, but not trivial in the sense that they will be fixed, because they're inherent flaws with playing small ball, and that's the only lineups Spo likes to play.

> Strategy can be adjusted

We're 1-4 in our last 5 games. We haven't made any strategy changes and all indications from the coaching staff point to us not changing the script and, instead, letting things work themselves out.

> To make any conclusions at this point is delusional at best but whatever. Speculation is speculation, I guess.

If you want to believe that, then fine. I remember people saying we were overreacting when we lost to Boston and Denver and almost losing the Jazz game. We were hit with the usual canned responses, like "it's just one loss" or "a win is a win."

The people who are "overreacting" were really just looking at the context of the wins and losses to see how we would fare a bit further ahead in the schedule and gauge our current chances of making a deep run in the playoffs.

With that said, I can't imagine coaches and GMs in the league look at game footage and say, "it's just a loss" after two 20pt blowout losses or "a win is a win" after having a huge lead late in the game and only winning by 3.

In reality, they look at footage for the context to find out what their team's strengths/flaws are and what they could do to put them closer to their goal of winning a championship - just like the people who are "overreacting."

Lol you said nothing here

I know you're trying to bait me into a response after I ignored your canned cheerleading response, but the truth is you just need to make an actual argument rather than coming off as a little bitch who doesn't know his sht.
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,758

Post#582 » by greg4012 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:06 pm

somerandomdude wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
> jumping to such a grand conclusion based off of these trivialities

They're trivial in the sense that they can probably be fixed, but not trivial in the sense that they will be fixed, because they're inherent flaws with playing small ball, and that's the only lineups Spo likes to play.

> Strategy can be adjusted

We're 1-4 in our last 5 games. We haven't made any strategy changes and all indications from the coaching staff point to us not changing the script and, instead, letting things work themselves out.

> To make any conclusions at this point is delusional at best but whatever. Speculation is speculation, I guess.

If you want to believe that, then fine. I remember people saying we were overreacting when we lost to Boston and Denver and almost losing the Jazz game. We were hit with the usual canned responses, like "it's just one loss" or "a win is a win."

The people who are "overreacting" were really just looking at the context of the wins and losses to see how we would fare a bit further ahead in the schedule and gauge our current chances of making a deep run in the playoffs.

With that said, I can't imagine coaches and GMs in the league look at game footage and say, "it's just a loss" after two 20pt blowout losses or "a win is a win" after having a huge lead late in the game and only winning by 3.

In reality, they look at footage for the context to find out what their team's strengths/flaws are and what they could do to put them closer to their goal of winning a championship - just like the people who are "overreacting."

Lol you said nothing here

I know you're trying to bait me into a response after I ignored your canned cheerleading response, but the truth is you just need to make an actual argument rather than coming off as a little bitch who doesn't know his sht.

I just call things like I see em
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,055

Post#583 » by Bourne85 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:09 pm

Calm down guys. We have fallen back to earth and back to treadmill status. No need to be at each other’s necks. It’s a long season and we will be roughly the 4th-5th seed like usual with a second round exit with the slight miracle chance of making the finals and losing again due to lack of true top 5 player. It is what it is. Unless Riley turns around and trades Herro and Duncan for a super star, we are just a bunch of try hard regular season team that will ultimately come up short.
oreon
Analyst
And1: 6,176

Post#584 » by oreon » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:09 pm

IggieCC wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Kobewade11 wrote:Huh? Not saying you’re wrong but I’m going to need to see a source on this. I’ve never heard of a free agent being signed in the offseason that isnt eligible to be traded during the ensuing season. Even the trade machines are saying he’s eligible to be traded in January.

Duncan Robinson cannot be traded until March 3rd because he was re-signed using Bird rights with a 20% increase in salary and the Heat are over the cap.

This article says Jan 15th.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/09/players-who-cant-be-traded-until-january-15-5.html
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#585 » by IggieCC » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:18 pm

oreon wrote:
IggieCC wrote:
Beenie wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Duncan Robinson cannot be traded until March 3rd because he was re-signed using Bird rights with a 20% increase in salary and the Heat are over the cap.

This article says Jan 15th.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/09/players-who-cant-be-traded-until-january-15-5.html

hmmm I guess I trust the article over a website called FANSPO. Spo made that site? SMDH

It doesn't matter though. Duncan won't be traded anytime soon. Spo claims he's one of the best shooters in the world :dontknow:
I bet that the only time Duncan gets yelled at by Spo is when he doesn't take 10 3s in a game.
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#586 » by harlem_ball » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:24 pm

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,806

Post#587 » by KingDavid » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:06 am

Bourne85 wrote:Calm down guys. We have fallen back to earth and back to treadmill status. No need to be at each other’s necks. It’s a long season and we will be roughly the 4th-5th seed like usual with a second round exit with the slight miracle chance of making the finals and losing again due to lack of true top 5 player. It is what it is. Unless Riley turns around and trades Herro and Duncan for a super star, we are just a bunch of try hard regular season team that will ultimately come up short.

What superstar is available for Herro and Duncan? Apparently we can't even trade Duncan this season as he won't be eligible for trade until March 3rd; after the deadline.

Say Duncan is available, what player could we get with our lack of draft picks? I think getting Oladipo back with everyone else being healthy will be good enough.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
harlem_ball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,545

Post#588 » by harlem_ball » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:29 am

KingDavid wrote:
Bourne85 wrote:Calm down guys. We have fallen back to earth and back to treadmill status. No need to be at each other’s necks. It’s a long season and we will be roughly the 4th-5th seed like usual with a second round exit with the slight miracle chance of making the finals and losing again due to lack of true top 5 player. It is what it is. Unless Riley turns around and trades Herro and Duncan for a super star, we are just a bunch of try hard regular season team that will ultimately come up short.

What superstar is available for Herro and Duncan? Apparently we can't even trade Duncan this season as he won't be eligible for trade until March 3rd; after the deadline.

Say Duncan is available, what player could we get with our lack of draft picks? I think getting Oladipo back with everyone else being healthy will be good enough.

Herro is the superstar. Butler/Herro/Bam should be ok going forward. The pieces should compliment this solid core. The issue with this team is not personnel. It's age, size and maybe lineups.

Sure you can blow it up and get a top 5 guy, lets say Embiid and Brandon Ingram for Bam and Robinson... but hey thats a different team.

Return to Miami Heat