ImageImageImage

Nòmades D'en Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderator: ijspeelman

JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: La Mar And RRubio -- Centerpieces Of The Cavaliers Rebuild? 

Post#81 » by JonFromVA » Mon Nov 8, 2021 8:05 pm

We have four guys named Lamar Stevens on the roster? I hope we've seen the last of the one that can't put a point-blank uncontested shot in the bucket.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: La Mar And RRubio -- Centerpieces Of The Cavaliers Rebuild? 

Post#82 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Nov 8, 2021 8:28 pm

You got 4 players for the prize of just one.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#83 » by LesGrossman » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:26 am

Everyone is going crazy about „Rickys career night“. I just read through 50 pages of pure Knicks saltiness just because. That being said…am i crazy to say this was far from Rickys best game? Yeah he made a lot of 3‘s (did that before, vs. Spurs for example), but „only“ 10 assists is hardly what i would consider special for him. He had one of his best games in the playoffs where he scored the first triple double since stockton for the Jazz, while sonning Russell Westbrick. That game - and whole series - is a lot more impressive than hitting 8/9 3‘s to me.

I‘ll save my „best game ever“ sticker for one where he scores 25 assists, i guess.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,640

Post#84 » by toooskies » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:24 pm

LesGrossman wrote:Everyone is going crazy about „Rickys career night“. I just read through 50 pages of pure Knicks saltiness just because. That being said…am i crazy to say this was far from Rickys best game? Yeah he made a lot of 3‘s (did that before, vs. Spurs for example), but „only“ 10 assists is hardly what i would consider special for him. He had one of his best games in the playoffs where he scored the first triple double since stockton for the Jazz, while sonning Russell Westbrick. That game - and whole series - is a lot more impressive than hitting 8/9 3‘s to me.

I‘ll save my „best game ever“ sticker for one where he scores 25 assists, i guess.

The fun part is if you just throw out half of his three point makes, the Cavs still win, so those Knicks fans would just be salty about Mobley's night.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,070

Post#85 » by sisibilio » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:27 pm

LesGrossman wrote:Everyone is going crazy about „Rickys career night“. I just read through 50 pages of pure Knicks saltiness just because. That being said…am i crazy to say this was far from Rickys best game? Yeah he made a lot of 3‘s (did that before, vs. Spurs for example), but „only“ 10 assists is hardly what i would consider special for him. He had one of his best games in the playoffs where he scored the first triple double since stockton for the Jazz, while sonning Russell Westbrick. That game - and whole series - is a lot more impressive than hitting 8/9 3‘s to me.

You're absolutely right.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: La Mar Is Injured. That's Why We Can't Have Nice Things. 

Post#86 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:29 am

Amor, Mari Karmen, Sextonto...
..and now La Mar is out from Pistons game with a sprained ankle.

It's Tacko Time To Shine!

-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#87 » by LesGrossman » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:58 am

Tacko just stood behind Bickerstaff and it looked just wrong. Like, he's about twice as long
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#88 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:05 am

I saw the image... camera had BicCristal on close-up and it was a sorta unidentifiable stuff occupying all of the screen behind him, like a curtain.

Then the unidentifiable stuff moved and I realized it was part of a humanoid body and I thought:

Yep...that must be Tacko...
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#89 » by LesGrossman » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:17 am

El Hespiritu wrote:I saw the image... camera had BicCristal on close-up and it was a sorta unidentifiable stuff occupying all of the screen behind him, like a curtain.

Then the unidentifiable stuff moved and I realized it was part of a humanoid body and I thought:

Yep...that must be Tacko...

It was like this, just more extreme:
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: Nòmades Clecaus: RRubio Starter And Tacko 6th Man!! I Shall Not Want. 

Post#90 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:38 am

We lost Sexton, Amor, Mari Karmen, La Mar...

Now we miss Allen.

BicCristal decided to make RR starter and Tacko entering soon into the game.
It took a massive amount of DNPs to get here but we finally are.

The result is Boston trailing by 11 in the 1st, BOS overplayed and not making a shot to save their lives.

Addendum: We lost Mobley during the game... let's pray it's not serious.
We eventually lost but no complaints.

Valentino proved he can be helpful if he has minutes and Tacko proved he's more than a human mascot (he played better than Mobley tonight).
Jorgeglez7
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#91 » by Jorgeglez7 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:50 am

And now we miss Mobley, Sprained elbow.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#92 » by PharmD » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:04 pm

All 4 rotation bigs out. Long live Tall Ball
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#93 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:02 pm

Evan Mobley - OUT 2-4 weeks.
Collin Sexton - No update.
Kevin Love - Return probable tomorrow.
Lauri Markkanen - Remains out.
Lamar Stevens - Remains out.
Jarrett Allen - Remains out, will not play tomorrow against Nets.

Jorgeglez7
Sophomore

Post#94 » by Jorgeglez7 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:35 pm

This is unreal.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#95 » by JonFromVA » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:54 pm

This is kind of how things have gone for the Cavs in recent years:

According to ManGamesLost.com, a subscription website that tracks injuries (including illnesses, like COVID-19) across all major sports, the Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers are the two most-injured teams over the last three seasons, in a virtual, statistical tie.

And then we traded for Lauri Markkenan ... to break the tie... :banghead:
Jorgeglez7
Sophomore

Post#96 » by Jorgeglez7 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:28 am

JonFromVA wrote:This is kind of how things have gone for the Cavs in recent years:

According to ManGamesLost.com, a subscription website that tracks injuries (including illnesses, like COVID-19) across all major sports, the Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers are the two most-injured teams over the last three seasons, in a virtual, statistical tie.

And then we traded for Lauri Markkenan ... to break the tie... :banghead:

Well, to be fair, Young and rebuilding teams should gamble, and Lauri is a good bet. You can live with him missing some games, what is insane is we are missing half Fking roster after 15 games. That no one could expect it.
Zman80000
Sophomore
And1: 306

Post#97 » by Zman80000 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:18 pm

Thankfully Mobley doesn't need any surgery.
I'm grateful for that.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,640

Post#98 » by toooskies » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:08 pm

Hopefully we get all but two guys back in the very short term-- Allen, Love, and Markkanen hopefully will all be available soon. Whether they come back at 100% is another question.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#99 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:48 pm

If we want to be a respected team, we need to prove it when things get rough.

We've been short-handed from a while and still dropped some good Ws and always looked competitive in the Ls.
If team stick together, keeps grinding and showing toughness, Brooklyn's game isn't lost in advance even if they are true contenders.

Considering Flatearthian Irving deserves a DNP spot apart from regular mankind, they miss Harris, Claxon and Millsap.
Brook Nets (Brunettes, from now on) arrive in back-to-back but they didn't really spend tons of energy last night... I've been watching their game vs Gwarriors replayed and it was almost lost at 3rd Q. Blake, Twitter Beast Durant and Beard rested all of the 4th.

GWS tactical defensive versatility was nightmare for Nash: Nets were more or less surviving to the switch-it-all traditional Kerr's system but when Gwarriors went zone, it was a complete lights out for Brunettes.

It wasn't a pure zone... more what we call defensa mixta at Catalunya (I guess same than Spanish... I don't know if there's an English word for it -Stan Van Gundy called it triangle defense- and googleing is unfair).

In a defensa mixta some players play zone defense and others pick individual.
There are lots of NBA teams that play at times the most simple type of mixta: the Box and one (4 play zone, 1 plays man-to-man) but this Defensa mixta 3-2 or Triangle mixta is something pretty unusual at NBA (is more common at FIBA).

I just was thinking what a disruptive brutalizer machine could Clecaus be at the defensive end if they could play something similar (just visualize our Three-Big-Asses lineup forming that zone pyramid instead of Gwarriors Hobbit-frontcourt).

ImageImage

Of course that visualization looks far better with Allen/Mobley/MariKarmen or even La Mar than with Amor (Game-Time-Decission)/CeDios/TweedleDean but still...

So far, CLE defense is a pick-up one with controlled switch (not so extreme as GWAR) specially when RR is at court but virtually every game we spent a bunch of possessions playing pure zone.

I wonder if we will dig deeper on that in the future.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#100 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:03 am

Our starters:

G: Darius Garland
G: Ricky Rubio
F: Isaac Okoro
PF: Dean Wade
C: Ed Davis

Kevin Amor with play limited minutes from the bench.

Their starters:

G: Mills
G: Harden
F: Brown
F:Durant
C:Griffith

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers