OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,940

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1061 » by humanrefutation » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:32 am

I wish Reyna, Pulisic, and Dest could have played tonight.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,965

Post#1062 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:38 am

Holy ****, what a joke.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Post#1063 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:43 am

Well hot damn.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,766

Post#1064 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:43 am

Well ****, nice timing.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1065 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:44 am

What a dude.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1066 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:55 am

So long and good night.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1067 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:05 am

Of course it ends up dos a cero.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Post#1068 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:06 am

General question for the season - is this our general college basketball thread?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1069 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:11 am

MikeIsGood wrote:General question for the season - is this our general college basketball thread?

We had one in '19-'20. Make one for this season.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1070 » by humanrefutation » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:56 am

McKennie is a boss.

Love this USMNT. So many talented players all over the pitch well placed at quality clubs all over the world. Lots of quality depth. They could develop into a serious world cup contender if Berkhalter can get them to the next level.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#1071 » by BUCKnation » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:32 am

Good win. Would be nice to put qualifying away early.

Mexico's senior level haven't been great in awhile, despite their youth teams being top tier.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#1072 » by vital_signs » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Love soccer, played since I was 6 or 7 but watching a game with American Outlaws is annoying as heck. Feels like a facade, trying too hard to be European fans. Still a fun game to watch, bar was as tense as it was on the field. Ref needed to hand out better cards though.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,766

Post#1073 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:03 pm

vital_signs wrote:Love soccer, played since I was 6 or 7 but watching a game with American Outlaws is annoying as heck. Feels like a facade, trying too hard to be European fans. Still a fun game to watch, bar was as tense as it was on the field. Ref needed to hand out better cards though.

I agree, the USMNT has some really cringe supporters. Weah played maybe his best game on the national team last night, all the talk will be about Puli with the goal, but Weah put that **** on a silver platter for him.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1074 » by humanrefutation » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:36 am

BUCKnation wrote:Good win. Would be nice to put qualifying away early.

Mexico's senior level haven't been great in awhile, despite their youth teams being top tier.

The Jimenez injury was brutal for them. I thought he was going to be a major force for them. He's still working his way back from it, but he hasn't been the same player so far.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1075 » by humanrefutation » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:43 am

vital_signs wrote:Love soccer, played since I was 6 or 7 but watching a game with American Outlaws is annoying as heck. Feels like a facade, trying too hard to be European fans. Still a fun game to watch, bar was as tense as it was on the field. Ref needed to hand out better cards though.

I've attended a game where I was sat with the American Outlaws (I bought the tickets through a friend), and it was a mixed experience. They're super into the game and I enjoy the energy, but I didn't enjoy being sprayed with beer on every goal or their sense of ownership of all American soccer fandom.

Anyway, I found it funny that they specifically picked Cincy because they wanted to find a place that was harder for Mexican fans to attend. That was a very pro-USMNT crowd - the loudest I've heard it in one of these US-Mexico matches. Their chants are usually swallowed by El Tri fans.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1076 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:48 am

humanrefutation wrote:

I've attended a game where I was sat with the American Outlaws (I bought the tickets through a friend), and it was a mixed experience. They're super into the game and I enjoy the energy, but I didn't enjoy being sprayed with beer on every goal or their sense of ownership of all American soccer fandom.

Anyway, I found it funny that they specifically picked Cincy because they wanted to find a place that was harder for Mexican fans to attend. That was a very pro-USMNT crowd - the loudest I've heard it in one of these US-Mexico matches. Their chants are usually swallowed by El Tri fans.

Don't they usually have this match in the upper midwest? For some reason one of the last big ones I remember there was **** weather in an Ohio venue.

ETA: Yea, all the FIFA qualifiers are in Ohio.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1077 » by humanrefutation » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:24 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

Don't they usually have this match in the upper midwest? For some reason one of the last big ones I remember there was **** weather in an Ohio venue.

Yeah, that's intentional. Maybe not Cincy specifically, but places like Ohio.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1078 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:32 am

humanrefutation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

Yeah, that's intentional. Maybe not Cincy specifically, but places like Ohio.

Well yea, obviously. I was just saying this wasn’t out of the ordinary.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,645

Post#1079 » by chonestown » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:18 am

Damn man, when boxing is good, it's the best.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#1080 » by BUCKnation » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:13 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

Usually columbus, but they opened up that new stadium in cincy

Return to Milwaukee Bucks