Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,063

Re: Seismic Shift in the East: Thomas Bryant a Wizard 

Post#521 » by nate33 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:41 pm

Read on Twitter

I still think December is a bit ridiculous for a guy who looked perfectly mobile in August.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#522 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:30 pm

December will be here soon enough.
Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#523 » by gambitx777 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:37 am

You never know Dec could end up being late November !

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#524 » by FAH1223 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:00 pm

FAH1223
RealGM

Post#525 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#526 » by FAH1223 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:38 pm

TB looks great

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#527 » by payitforward » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:54 pm

He's not moving all that well in this picture. Cause for worry?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#528 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:49 am

payitforward wrote:He's not moving all that well in this picture. Cause for worry?

Him or Glenn Consor
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,428

Post#529 » by mhd » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:11 am

He's going to want PT when he gets back (obviously since he's a FA). There just isn't enough PT to regularly play three centers. Will he be happy not getting time behind Gafford and Trez if everyone is. healthy?
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,561

Post#530 » by pcbothwel » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:00 am

I love TB, but I dont see how he is ever better than Harrell (Highly efficient, but limited defensively 5). So only room for one, though he would thrive in a limited role spelling both Harrell and Gafford in the near term.

I assume either he or Harrell are gone after this year, so I would most certainly trade either. I prefer Bryants ceiling, but I can see why having a player with Harrells efficiency and energy is too valuable to walk at the MLE.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#531 » by dlts20 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:20 am

pcbothwel wrote:I love TB, but I dont see how he is ever better than Harrell (Highly efficient, but limited defensively 5). So only room for one, though he would thrive in a limited role spelling both Harrell and Gafford in the near term.

I assume either he or Harrell are gone after this year, so I would most certainly trade either. I prefer Bryants ceiling, but I can see why having a player with Harrells efficiency and energy is too valuable to walk at the MLE.

I believe that both guys are capable of playing the 4 but Rui will be back also
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,219

Post#532 » by NatP4 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:20 am

:noway:
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#533 » by nuposse04 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:31 am

Its kind of funny, when he does come back, he may be our most efficient floor spacer given everyone else on the team is a mediocre 3 pt shooter at the moment.

I think Bryant will be better then Trezz in the long term, but FO, and Fans are probably going to be attached to his hyperefficient production. I just don't think that sort of player (Trez) pays as much dividends in the playoffs when everyone is supposedly trying. I don't think you can consistently run half court offense out of him when the defense gets better, and put back opportunities dwindle when guys actually box out.

The same kind of limitations apply to gafford but at least he's an obvious plus defender. Just needs to get stronger.
DangerZone13
Senior
And1: 678

Post#534 » by DangerZone13 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:11 pm

Apologies for the intrusion, but curiosity beckons: Given Gafford and Trez's play, and at least the consideration of moving Bryant for playoff help, what would the team be looking for? The Raptors could use a big like Bryant, but I'm not sure where to start with value.
:banghead: "Calling out trolls" by quoting them makes YOU part of the problem to those wise enough to use the Ignore button. Please don't add to board pollution.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,063

Post#535 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:59 pm

DangerZone13 wrote:Apologies for the intrusion, but curiosity beckons: Given Gafford and Trez's play, and at least the consideration of moving Bryant for playoff help, what would the team be looking for? The Raptors could use a big like Bryant, but I'm not sure where to start with value.

Bryant and Harrell are free agents this summer and I don't see a way the Wizards can afford to resign them both. With that in mind, they really should trade one of them by the Trade Deadline. Which guy they trade depends on a lot of factors. Bryant is younger with more upside, but he is also more injury prone and may not like coming off the bench behind Gafford. Harrell is incredibly productive and a good locker room leader, but he is older, tends to decline in the playoffs, and is likely to demand a more expensive contract.

The Wizards don't need more rotation-caliber players at the moment since they're pretty deep at every position. What they need is to unload Bertans' contract or future picks.

Looking at Toronto's assets, the best thing I can come up with is Bryant + Bertans for Dragic + a filler contract (Bonga?) and some minor asset - maybe a 2nd round pick or a guy like Flynn.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#536 » by payitforward » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Nate -- "unload Bertans' contract or future picks." I think you mean "For future picks," right?

Dangerzone -- welcome -- do you think you'd want Bryant (or Harrell depending on the deal) enough to take Bertans as well?

edit: duh... nate already suggested that.

Bryant & Bertans for Dragic, Blanton & a R2 pick?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
DangerZone13
Senior

Post#537 » by DangerZone13 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:05 pm

payitforward wrote:Nate -- "unload Bertans' contract or future picks." I think you mean "For future picks," right?

Dangerzone -- welcome -- do you think you'd want Bryant (or Harrell depending on the deal) enough to take Bertans as well?

edit: duh... nate already suggested that.

Bryant & Bertans for Dragic, Blanton & a R2 pick?

I appreciate the warm welcome! Thank you!

Fellow Raptors fans seem pretty against taking Bertans' contract. I could be talked into it, but that's an ugly deal for what he offers, and see why that's at the top of the list to be moved. I'm not sure he'd even get off the bench with how Nurse prioritizes D.

I'm particularly interested in how Bryant would look in Nurse's system though, and noticed TB and OG seemed pretty chummy after the last game. I'd say Banton likely isn't in play for a soon-to-be-FA as Brass is high on him, seamlessly fits our direction, and is a hometown boy. If you're looking for a young backup PG though, can I interest you in Malachi Flynn? Svi has been doing a bit of everything for us in a reserve 2/3 role if waiting until mid-December.

If not, maybe there's a 3way that can work where the Raps and Wiz combine to pay a third team to take Bertans?

Just wanna say it's great to see the Wizards having an excellent start to the year. Wishing the best of luck - until facing Toronto of course, then may it be a multi-overtime epic with minimal ref involvement :D
:banghead: "Calling out trolls" by quoting them makes YOU part of the problem to those wise enough to use the Ignore button. Please don't add to board pollution.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,113

Post#538 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:42 pm

nate33 wrote:
DangerZone13 wrote:Apologies for the intrusion, but curiosity beckons: Given Gafford and Trez's play, and at least the consideration of moving Bryant for playoff help, what would the team be looking for? The Raptors could use a big like Bryant, but I'm not sure where to start with value.

Bryant and Harrell are free agents this summer and I don't see a way the Wizards can afford to resign them both. With that in mind, they really should trade one of them by the Trade Deadline. Which guy they trade depends on a lot of factors. Bryant is younger with more upside, but he is also more injury prone and may not like coming off the bench behind Gafford. Harrell is incredibly productive and a good locker room leader, but he is older, tends to decline in the playoffs, and is likely to demand a more expensive contract.

The Wizards don't need more rotation-caliber players at the moment since they're pretty deep at every position. What they need is to unload Bertans' contract or future picks.

Looking at Toronto's assets, the best thing I can come up with is Bryant + Bertans for Dragic + a filler contract (Bonga?) and some minor asset - maybe a 2nd round pick or a guy like Flynn.

Please don't put Bonga back on this roster, please. :)
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#539 » by gambitx777 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am

I think it comes down to one thing. I don't mind having a break glass Incase of emergency big. I think it comes down too management wanting to keep this team together. Is there an actual way to resign both, yes. We should have bird rights on Bryant I think and you might have then on Trez and if not the full mle should be an option. The question is do you wanna go into the tax to keep this team together. Beals getting a pay raise. So who's expendable here. Bertans. So the question then becomes can you dump bertans and how much does that cost you. OKC owns a protected pick from us we could send them bertans and unprotect that pick. Would that be enough maybe? Maybe not, but could Bryant be the sweetener ? Meh idk it depends if Tommy gets the ok to go into the tax. Then I would put the priority on getting rid of bertans for what ever the lowest cost is or the best return if any, because I think byrant could be folded In to the line up and be fine maybe his defence under a better HC improves too who knows. But, the question about the tax and bertans needs answered before the question of Bryant and when to move him needs addressed.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
DangerZone13
Senior

Post#540 » by DangerZone13 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:04 pm

That's a solid answer, thank you. From what I'm gathering, Bryant could possibly be available as part of moving Bertans for cap relief, or potentially some backcourt help without disrupting current rotations. Management and ownership's stance on the tax next year also determining. Good to know, thank you!

Return to Washington Wizards