ImageImageImage

Game 11: Phoenix Suns (7-3) @ Memphis Grizzlies (6-5) l Friday l 6:00pm l BSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Re: Game 11: Phoenix Suns (7-3) @ Memphis Grizzlies (6-5) l Friday l 6:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#81 » by suns12345 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:46 am

SkyBill40 wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing that Wainwright dude hit the floor. We signed him and from what I saw in clips, he looks pretty decent. He's got to be better than Smith and he already got some run.

Will Williams give the guy some time or just keep playing starters when the game is clearly over and risk an injury?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Agree, would be awesome if he could bring some pj tucker vibes, would love to see him play
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,356

Re: Game 11: Phoenix Suns (7-3) @ Memphis Grizzlies (6-5) l Friday l 6:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#82 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:50 am

spanishninja wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Strange looking at our schedule...but we have our first b2b Sun/Mon against Houston and Minnesota....

and also according to this we play Dallas twice in a row at home (which they never did until last year but thought they would only do without fans as fans won't want to see the same team twice in a row probably) but what is even stranger is that it lists them both being on ESPN.

Why would ESPN want Dallas/Phx in two consecutive nationally televised games? https://www.espn.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/phx
Two attempts for Luka to beat Ayton for once, which will end up as two disappointments

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app

Or now that they released their article they can talk about Luka's 30% max and Ayton's non extension. They can even have Baxter Holmes and Jalen Rose call the game.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#83 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:55 am

Really surprised by the result as these tend to be ugly games and we haven't been rolling as yet.

But our catch and shoot shooters had great games Crowder, Bridges, Johnson, Nader and theirs didn't.

Can't get bored with winning with Houston and Minnesota 4-18 for the season, I love we held them to 64 after 3 quarters as upsets tend to happen when it's a 115-120 type score.
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#84 » by Biff » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:57 am

Interesting that on our 7 game winning streak, Ayton has sat for 5 of them. He's good but we've been doing very well with the McGee/Frank combo. Do we really want to give the guy the max? I still don't think he's a max player. I think he deserves about the same as what Bridges got.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,356

Post#85 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:16 am

Biff wrote:Interesting that on our 7 game winning streak, Ayton has sat for 5 of them. He's good but we've been doing very well with the McGee/Frank combo. Do we really want to give the guy the max? I still don't think he's a max player. I think he deserves about the same as what Bridges got.

I don't think he's worth the max, but at the same time I wouldn't risk losing him. I think it mainly depends on the ultimate goal. He was one of our key players (and maybe most important as Paul said) in our first run to the finals since 93. Now regardless of what we have, a championship is a tall order, but if we want that chance, I think we need him. Yes, I think we can still be pretty good with others, though I don't think I'd put a ton of stock in a Kaminsky/McGee pairing or something similar being fine for us if we want to be a contender.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,144

Post#86 » by Slim Charless » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Biff wrote:Interesting that on our 7 game winning streak, Ayton has sat for 5 of them. He's good but we've been doing very well with the McGee/Frank combo. Do we really want to give the guy the max? I still don't think he's a max player. I think he deserves about the same as what Bridges got.

I don't think he's worth the max, but at the same time I wouldn't risk losing him. I think it mainly depends on the ultimate goal. He was one of our key players (and maybe most important as Paul said) in our first run to the finals since 93. Now regardless of what we have, a championship is a tall order, but if we want that chance, I think we need him. Yes, I think we can still be pretty good with others, though I don't think I'd put a ton of stock in a Kaminsky/McGee pairing or something similar being fine for us if we want to be a contender.

I'd give him more than Bridges for sure. This streak is nice, but we've beaten some dreges of the league. MEM is going to the playoffs but let's see us vs MIL, Brooklyn, LAC and the Dubs.

Those are the kinda games we'll see how good we really are and where Ayton will truly get the chance to show that he's worth the money.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#87 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:47 am

I'm ok with 4 year max as that is what he'll be offered in RFA by someone.

If his production is a bit below that he'd still be one of the best assets in the league if a Lillard, Harden, Towns etc... became available.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Game 11: Phoenix Suns (7-3) @ Memphis Grizzlies (6-5) l Friday l 6:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#88 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:56 am

Ayton is definitely better than McGee and Frank, but I’d rather the Suns use that money elsewhere. Ayton is not worth a max (especially on the Suns) and it’s showing even more right now - we can plug most bigs and simplify their role to rebounding, defense and scoring off easy points and we’d look pretty close to the Suns with Ayton. I’d imagine James Jones is tying to see what he can get for Ayton right now. Only way I see the Suns sticking with Ayton is if they think they can get him on a bargain deal. That’s not going to happen though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,150

Post#89 » by Revived » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:16 am

Good win. Blew out a team with a winning record on the road, now that’s a real quality win.
Revived
RealGM

Post#90 » by Revived » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:38 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:Ayton is definitely better than McGee and Frank, but I’d rather the Suns use that money elsewhere. Ayton is not worth a max (especially on the Suns) and it’s showing even more right now - we can plug most bigs and simplify their role to rebounding, defense and scoring off easy points and we’d look pretty close to the Suns with Ayton. I’d imagine James Jones is tying to see what he can get for Ayton right now. Only way I see the Suns sticking with Ayton is if they think they can get him on a bargain deal. That’s not going to happen though.

Read on Twitter
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,015

Post#91 » by sunsbg » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:14 am

We need DA in a playoff series vs Jokic. McGee and Frank didn't play at all in most playoff games. This tweet above based on one game is stupid.

Suns rolling. Should have put more money on the over 51.5 wins.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,370

Post#92 » by Puff » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:46 am

sunsbg wrote:We need DA in a playoff series vs Jokic. McGee and Frank didn't play at all in most playoff games. This tweet above based on one game is stupid.

This is actually not stupid.

Who is playing center for the Dubs this year?

Who played center for the Dubs when they were winning championships?

Don't cheat and look at box scores. Their center of the future Wiseman has not even played this year and they are 11 and 1.

This league has been about which team has the best Wings for a while. While Giannis played center he plays like a wing in a 7 ' Body.
The best two players in the World arguably are Lebron and Durant over the past decade. The could be called anything from a PG to a Center depending on the need.

I do not dislike Ayton but if we could use his money for a legit All Pro wing you just have to do it. I have no idea who would be available and what team would noy resign someone that fits the bill. The Dubs appear to have hit the jackpot in getting Wiggins. When they add a healthy Klay Thompson to the mix they are going to be unbeatable.

When was the last time a team won the championship with their best player being a Center. Anthony Davis is and wants to be a PF.

Of course you can say what team is going to stop our rotation of bigs. If Ayton comes back healthy while we still get steady production out of Frank and McGee. We could be really tough once Booker gets his head out of his arse.
      "Has Beal taken over leadership of this team? Book and KD are great players but appear to not have leadership qualities"
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by sunsbg » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:34 am

Puff wrote:
sunsbg wrote:We need DA in a playoff series vs Jokic. McGee and Frank didn't play at all in most playoff games. This tweet above based on one game is stupid.

Don't cheat and look at box scores. Their center of the future Wiseman has not even played this year and they are 11 and 1.

This league has been about which team has the best Wings for a while. While Giannis played center he plays like a wing in a 7 ' Body.
The best two players in the World arguably are Lebron and Durant over the past decade. The could be called anything from a PG to a Center depending on the need.

I do not dislike Ayton but if we could use his money for a legit All Pro wing you just have to do it. I have no idea who would be available and what team would noy resign someone that fits the bill. The Dubs appear to have hit the jackpot in getting Wiggins. When they add a healthy Klay Thompson to the mix they are going to be unbeatable.

When was the last time a team won the championship with their best player being a Center. Anthony Davis is and wants to be a PF.

Of course you can say what team is going to stop our rotation of bigs. If Ayton comes back healthy while we still get steady production out of Frank and McGee. We could be really tough once Booker gets his head out of his arse.

If you can get an ATG player obviously you do it. Superstars win in this league, especially on super teams, that's true.

By the logic of this tweet I guess Nuggets/76ers should get rid of Jokic/Embiid and go for a McGee + Frank combo. Suns should get rid of Booker because he was not 7-8 times better than Cam J in this game.

I'm sure the great Cs of the past can win a title in this league paired with 1-2 other great players. Whether Ayton can turn into a great C is another story. Obviously the Suns don't think so.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#94 » by suns12345 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:35 am

sunsbg wrote:
Puff wrote:

If you can get an ATG player obviously you do it. Superstars win in this league, especially on super teams, that's true.

By the logic of this tweet I guess Nuggets/76ers should get rid of Jokic/Embiid and go for a McGee + Frank combo. Suns should get rid of Booker because he was not 7-8 times better than Cam J in this game.

I'm sure the great Cs of the past can win a title in this league paired with 1-2 other great players. Whether Ayton can turn into a great C is another story. Obviously the Suns don't think so.

The W's have arguably the two greatest shooters of all time in their back court and maybe a top 3 all time PG.Plus Durant when they had him etc.

I have trepidations about giving Ayton the max too, but we need talent on this team and we need athletes. Ayton and Mikal are basically the only two plus athletes we have on the team and in the playoffs that length and burst is important I think.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,336

Post#95 » by sunskerr » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:00 am

sunsbg wrote:

Lmao dude nobody is saying this. Only you are.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by sunsbg » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:38 am

sunskerr wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Lmao dude nobody is saying this. Only you are.

I'm just showing how easy it's to draw stupid conclusions based on a random stat from a single game. This guy is probably one of those who disregard Cs today(same people then cry about Lakers size), though if you replace Embiid with say Lillard you end with the same if not a worse team.

P.S. Ayton played like a max player last playoffs, but I guess Suns didn't need him at all. LMAO.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,794

Post#97 » by Saberestar » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:41 pm

I just ended watching this game...PERFECT GAME.

We were on the road against a winning team and we beat them easily by 25 points. Seven game winning streak and counting.

CP3 is ridiculous. He dominated the game, what a clinic.

And I want to give props to Mikal who had another terrific game. He tried hard on defense against Ja and on offense he scored efficiently one more night.
Revived
RealGM

Post#98 » by Revived » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Suns are a better team with Ayton starting than Frank or McGee starting. I don’t think anyone at all is arguing that.

I think people differ when it comes to “at what cost”. Is it at max level?

I still think at the end of the day, I’d rather give max to Ayton to keep him than lose him for nothing because his defense is spectacular (when he tries unlike the last game he played), and he’s young so there’s hope he can build his offense along the way. Plus Suns have a small window for contention based on CP3’s longevity so best to not have crazy changes on the roster till he retires or leaves.

But I fully understand the hesitancy to pay Ayton the max as well. I don’t think it’s BS points, it’s valid points there as well.

Ideally you’d want Ayton on a John Collins type contract.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,144

Post#99 » by Slim Charless » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:10 pm

suns12345 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
Puff wrote:

The W's have arguably the two greatest shooters of all time in their back court and maybe a top 3 all time PG.Plus Durant when they had him etc.

I have trepidations about giving Ayton the max too, but we need talent on this team and we need athletes. Ayton and Mikal are basically the only two plus athletes we have on the team and in the playoffs that length and burst is important I think.

Thank you.

You can't bring up the Dubs and just brush past the fact that they had Steph and Klay-2 of the best shooters of all time. As for who played the pivot for them? People act like prime Draymond wasn't a complete menace and the heart and soul of those teams. His defense was fantastic on both fellow bigs and he also hopped out onto the perimeter and wrecked havoc on the wings, guards and other shorter players........geez I wonder who that sounds like?

I'm happy we have a nice little win streak but let's do it against the good teams of the league. We won't be getting these ### out of Frank and McGee when face the better teams. I imagine that KAT is gonna run wild on both of those 2 if we don't have DA back by the Minny game.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#100 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:26 pm

I just wonder if the factors that have led to this winning streak have anything to do with Ayton. Crowder hitting threes is a big one. The whole team hitting threes. Is Ayton somehow the reason our shooters weren't getting a rhythm? Ball moving better, perhaps? I don't know.

I do know that Frank had a nice streak of positive production early last season before falling off a cliff. He looks better right now than he ever has, so perhaps this year will be different.

If all Ayton's good for is neutralizing Jokic and a few others, then I agree he's not worth the max. Willing to admit I was wrong if this keeps up.

Not yet at the point where I'm willing to consider trading Ayton, though who knows. Maybe that's already being discussed. I will say that if we're considering a trade, Simmons is not the guy I would target. Not sure who I'd look at TBH.

Return to Phoenix Suns