Game 13: Miami Heat (7-5) @ Utah Jazz (8-4)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Game 13: Miami Heat (7-5) @ Utah Jazz (8-4) 

Post#1 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:56 pm

What a difference a week makes. Going in to last Saturday's game against Miami the Jazz were tied with GS for the best record in the league at 7-1 and the Heat were second best in the East at 6-2, only one half game behind leader Philly. Fast forward one week and both teams have lost three of the last four games. The Jazz dropped to third place in WC, only one half game ahead of sixth place, and the Heat dropped to sixth place in EC. Both teams need the win this afternoon to right the ship. The home team Jazz are favored by seven. Go Jazz!

ESPN Gameday page. 3:00 PM MTN time tipoff.
https://www.espn.com/nba/game/_/gameId/401360009
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Re: Game 13: Miami Heat (7-5) @ Utah Jazz (8-4) 

Post#2 » by Catchall » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:15 pm

I got my negative covid test yesterday, and I'm going to this game. Not sure if Jimmy Butler is going to play or not. As far as I can tell, the Jazz's struggles have mostly been with a couple guys not shooting the ball well. Bojan and Jordan could easily be adding another 10+ points per game if they'd make more of their open looks. The Jazz's defense has been pretty solid for the most part.

The Indiana game was interesting. Several of our guys looked like they were taking the game lightly. The Jazz were out hustled on just about every play. That said, Indiana followed the tried and trusted formula for beating the Jazz, which is to switch 1-5 on defense, play 5-out, move Rudy out of the paint, and attack our guards off the dribble.

The Jazz could really use a dependable 2-way wing, tbh--someone with more offensive creation than Royce and more defensive tenacity than Bojan and Joe. It's possible that Rudy Gay can do that, or that Paschall can continue to grow in his role.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,424

Post#3 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:38 pm

The Heat is another team with a lot of guards and forwards who can give us fits. I hope they'll come out ready to play. There is also a Lowry-Conley battle, we'll see who performs better. As for Rudy Gay, I don't really consider him a two-way player, especially at his age. How many 35 year old two-way players are there? I get people are excited to see Gay play but I think there are some expectations of him to be a defensive solution of some sorts, which I don't think he is.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#4 » by ducler » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#5 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:59 am

Yikes. A lot of losses lately. I don't get concerned about one single loss here and there but they've been piling on lately and we're clearly not in the best of places right now.

Also, Gobert had another (slight) altercation, this time with Dedmon. After the scuffle with Turner he said that nobody was going to fight or throw punches (I'm paraphrasing), which, while kind of obvious, is also kind of weak. Makes him look like a fake tough guy, which may contribute to other players starting to antagonize him more.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,060

Post#6 » by FJS » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:24 pm

We sucked big time.

We need to wake up as soon as possible

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#7 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:05 pm

We are supposed to be in the easy part of the schedule. The second half of the season should be more challenging so this is the time to rack up the wins and have a cushion.

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,663

Post#8 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:48 pm

We were supposed to inflict payback on Miami at home after they beat us a week ago in Miami and failed. And to lose to them without their superstar Jimmy Butler playing makes this home loss even tougher to take.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,735

Post#9 » by AingesBurner » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:11 pm

I think this team needs a trade to inject some new blood. Joe Ingles should definitely be on the block.
Ingles is cooked.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#10 » by zero24gravity » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:18 pm

GobertReport wrote:I think this team needs a trade to inject some new blood. Joe Ingles should definitely be on the block.

I love Joe (don't we all?), and have a hard time believing he's cooked, after playing so well last year + the Olympics. I think it's likely the guy is just tired. Wonder if the team would consider giving him a couple weeks off, especially while the rest of the roster is healthy & able to absorb his loss (in theory). They need his playmaking & shooting. I don't see a trade out there that makes them a better team.

Joe isn't the team's issue, though. The only reason an entire team's shooting sucks for this long, when they have so many good shooters, is because they are in their heads. They need to figure that $hit out. Also, the D effort is slipping as their shooting struggles, which makes things even worse.

Return to Utah Jazz