ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 13 : Minnesota Timberwolves (3-7) @ Los Angeles Lakers (7-5) - 10:30 PM

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Re: Game 13 : Minnesota Timberwolves (3-7) @ Los Angeles Lakers (7-5) - 10:30 PM 

Post#81 » by BEazy » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:16 am

SlimShady83 wrote:MIN FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS +/-

Russell Westbrook
G
30:53 7 11 63.6 2 4 50.0 4 6 66.7 0 5 5 3 0 0 5 1 20 -32

Anthony Davis
C
30:57 7 13 53.8 0 1 0.0 8 10 80.0 2 6 8 2 3 3 2 4 22 -16

Stats ... copied and pasted from league pass

You all blaming Westbrook ... No one else getting more then 10 points and everyone else missing their shots ...

And yet you all still blaming Westbrook Grow the Fook up people, wasn't all on Westbrook

oh wait -32 LOL that's all that matters I guess. FFS

I'm sorry for this, but needed to be said.

Stop putting this on one player FFS And yes I know I posted above about AD just to get you all going

I don't know what game you're watching, but when you're the highest paid player on the roster you should have more assist than turnovers. He literally scored most of his points when the game was out of hand. So your stats are misleading dude.

Why was it that Rondo had the team leading when he was the sole ball handler? Why was it that when Westbrook came in he loss the lead every single time? There's a reason why Rondo was the only + out of the -/+....

Rondo has a knack to get AD in the right spots, which gets AD going. Westbrook can't do that with AD.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 314

Re: Game 13 : Minnesota Timberwolves (3-7) @ Los Angeles Lakers (7-5) - 10:30 PM 

Post#82 » by Hans1984 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:11 pm

This team just stinks. I guess the last wins were just a fluke.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#83 » by Landsberger » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:49 pm

Westbrook and stats.... yeah... that's what people watching this clown make mental mistake after mental mistake love to focus on... Hey, how many triple doubles does he have? Did you see that year when he averaged a triple double? This guy is the poster child for empty stats and just behind him is Melo. This isn't a video game.

We've taken away role players who had a much better feel for how to flow in an offense and how to play defense and replaced them with "journeyman stars" who are yet to prove they can lead or even follow.

I was not a big fan of trading the house for Davis as I wasn't convinced he was mentally a #1. He's not shown that here either. Layer in the fact that he's a big man who shoots over 70% in the paint who plays like he's allergic to the paint and seems to be injured just about all the time. That was a huge gamble.

This "run" with Bron is similar to the 08-10 Celtics in that they sold the farm for a chance and they got a Chip and then the bottom fell out with age and lack of chemistry.

I think the worst possible outcome for the Lakers long term is that this group stays relevant long enough to extract any value they may have to other teams. The hole we've dug to get this group on the floor is deep and rebuilding with no youth, minimal picks and no salary flexibility is massive. Davis is the only one that could bring a positive return. This is going no where... even if they get 10 games over .500 by February.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#84 » by Revived » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#85 » by Eric Bieniemy » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:27 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

I apologize ahead of time if I'm incorrect, but without even seeing the actual clip, how do I already know who the player is who did this?

Again, sorry if I'm dead wrong here, but Russell Westbrook is a damn fool. I see why he wears skirts, because he's about as delusional as a teenage girl.

Westbrook for Marcus Smart at the trade deadline.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#86 » by Pythagoras » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:36 pm

The team doesn’t have anywhere near enough offensive firepower right now. Rondo, Bradley, Bazemore, and DJ are just massive drains on the offense. The team desperately needs another guard who can light it up and more shooters.

DJ should be cut yesterday, and the team should be blowing up Boogie Cousins phone.
Numbers rule the universe.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect

Post#87 » by Eric Bieniemy » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:49 pm

Pythagoras wrote:The team doesn’t have anywhere near enough offensive firepower right now. Rondo, Bradley, Bazemore, and DJ are just massive drains on the offense. The team desperately needs another guard who can light it up and more shooters.

DJ should be cut yesterday, and the team should be blowing up Boogie Cousins phone.

Westbrook is the number one culprit along with missing Nunn, James, Reaves, and Tucker.

I'm convinced that Westbrook is subconsciously threatened by Rondo. He plays horrible when Rondo plays because he knows that Rondo is better floor general despite Westbrook's assist totals. He's never had a backup PG who was arguably better than him.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Westbrook's best game came when Rondo rested.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#88 » by Pythagoras » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:08 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:The team doesn’t have anywhere near enough offensive firepower right now. Rondo, Bradley, Bazemore, and DJ are just massive drains on the offense. The team desperately needs another guard who can light it up and more shooters.

Westbrook is the number one culprit along with missing Nunn, James, Reaves, and Tucker.

I'm convinced that Westbrook is subconsciously threatened by Rondo. He plays horrible when Rondo plays because he knows that Rondo is better floor general despite Westbrook's assist totals. He's never had a backup PG who was arguably better than him.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Westbrook's best game came when Rondo rested.

To be clear, Westbrook has been bad this year, but Rondo has been a special kind of awful. Rondo is still living on the good will he built up during the playoffs in the championship run. I assure you, he hasn’t been good this year.

It’s also crazy to me, that we’re sitting around waiting for reinforcements from the 36 year old Ariza. We need someone who can fill the role he was supposed to right now. Rob should be calling up the Rockets and the Pistons and guaging how much either of those teams would be willing to part with Theis or Olynyk.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect

Post#89 » by Eric Bieniemy » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:

To be clear, Westbrook has been bad this year, but Rondo has been a special kind of awful. Rondo is still living on the good will he built up during the playoffs in the championship run. I assure you, he hasn’t been good this year.

It’s also crazy to me, that we’re sitting around waiting for reinforcements from the 36 year old Ariza. We need someone who can fill the role he was supposed to right now. Rob should be calling up the Rockets and the Pistons and guaging how much either of those teams would be willing to part with Theis or Olynyk.

Rondo hasn't been good, you're right.

Westbrook's been worse. For all of Rondo's warts, on a team with superstars, I'm taking Rondo over Westbrook every day of the week. No question.

As far as Ariza, I have him out of the rotation only getting minutes to punish Anthony for his mental defensive lapses and utilized sparingly as a small ball center when Davis, Howard, and Jordan are sitting.

Ariza is not a savior. Matter of fact, I don't really see him helping much. I think Dudley was more important. Ariza is the better player, but because neither would've been seeing much time, Dudley offers far more intangibles. Dudley was the type of leader to actually check Westbrook while also guiding this team spiritually.
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#90 » by Pythagoras » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:09 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:Westbrook is the number one culprit along with missing Nunn, James, Reaves, and Tucker.

Westbrook's been worse. For all of Rondo's warts, on a team with superstars, I'm taking Rondo over Westbrook every day of the week. No question.

As far as Ariza, I have him out of the rotation only getting minutes to punish Anthony for his mental defensive lapses and utilized sparingly as a small ball center when Davis, Howard, and Jordan are sitting.

Ariza is not a savior. Matter of fact, I don't really see him helping much. I think Dudley was more important. Ariza is the better player, but because neither would've been seeing much time, Dudley offers far more intangibles. Dudley was the type of leader to actually check Westbrook while also guiding this team spiritually.

Ariza is definitely not a savior, but the team needs another taller F who can space the floor and play competent defense. I don’t feel like waiting on Ariza anymore (and he’s probably washed anyway). A player like that means you don’t have to rush Lebron back and don’t have to have DJ in there clogging up the paint anymore.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect

Post#91 » by Eric Bieniemy » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:54 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
Eric Bieniemy wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:

Ariza is definitely not a savior, but the team needs another taller F who can space the floor and play competent defense. I don’t feel like waiting on Ariza anymore (and he’s probably washed anyway). A player like that means you don’t have to rush Lebron back and don’t have to have DJ in there clogging up the paint anymore.

I agree, but they have lots of needs. That's just one. The first need for me is addition by subtraction. They need to trade Westbrook at the deadline. As long as he's here, getting significant minutes, any other move is all for naught.
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#92 » by euphorbus » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:56 pm

A very dispiriting loss. This team plays down to its opponent more than any other NBA team I have followed. Anthony Davis says "We're not a championship team right now." Well, they are only a little above average without LeBron James, and yet it seems like the starters always come out of the half in a daze. A wag on another board asked "What are they doing at halftime, playing elevator music?"

Yogi Berra said, "You give 100 per cent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left."
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,164

Post#93 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:05 pm

Let's just wait and see until all our injured players come back ...

really hoping THT Ariza can make a difference, I mean Ariza was suppose to be in the starting line up after all LOL

So if they can't get it done, then I like the Myle Turner trade someone mentioned above or another thread
Bring back Defense
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#94 » by Pythagoras » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:06 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:Let's just wait and see until all our injured players come back ...

really hoping THT Ariza can make a difference, I mean Ariza was suppose to be in the starting line up after all LOL

So if they can't get it done, then I like the Myle Turner trade someone mentioned above or another thread

Ariza is 36, looked pretty washed last year, and is coming off a significant injury with no timetable in the near future to return. The Lakers should be thinking about moving on from him.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,164

Post#95 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:11 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:Let's just wait and see until all our injured players come back ...

Ariza is 36, looked pretty washed last year, and is coming off a significant injury with no timetable in the near future to return. The Lakers should be thinking about moving on from him.

It's why I LOL in the middle LOL
Bring back Defense

Return to Los Angeles Lakers