ImageImageImage

Texas Legends Talk

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 832

Texas Legends Talk 

Post#1 » by Teffer10 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:41 pm

Carlik Jones looks pretty damn good today.
Omoruyi not dominating like I thought he would.
dirkdiggler4177
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,160

Re: Texas Legends Talk 

Post#2 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:48 pm

Teffer10 wrote:Carlik Jones looks pretty damn good today.

He has only played one game, right? What happened?
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 832

Post#3 » by Teffer10 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:05 pm

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:

Actually just watching last night's game today because of Omoruyi and not seeing him dominate like I thought he might.
He's playing well but not dominating like I thought he might.
I guess too small of a sample to judge just yet.

Carlik Jones is the best so far and could become a replacement for Burke if we ever move on from him.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#4 » by Darren » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:36 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
dirkdiggler4177 wrote:

Actually just watching last night's game today because of Omoruyi and not seeing him dominate like I thought he might.

Carlik Jones is the best so far and could become a replacement for Burke if we ever move on from him.

I watch the highlight as well. But I wonder if the first step translate well against random NBA player. The first steps doesn't look fluid and explosive at all. I don't think Jones is ahead of Burke at all. First step and ability to attack the rim with ease are the best dimension Burke add to the team. And Burke is decent from deep as well. Defense is the major problem. Anyway, the Mavs is weak defending 1. That's why Ntilikina gets rotation minutes early.
Darren
RealGM

Post#5 » by Darren » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:42 pm

Moses Brown and Josh Green are assigned to Legend. Why not WCS intead? As a 7-foot athletic C, WCS doesn't have the impact of DJ MBenga or Ryan Hollins. That's pretty bad.
Darren
RealGM

Post#6 » by Darren » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:42 pm

So the Mavs has a deep team in Legend as well.
dirkdiggler4177
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,160

Post#7 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:47 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
dirkdiggler4177 wrote:

As far as stats go he seemed to have an off night. 0-8 from 3 and 6 turnovers. He skillset looks pretty good, but the shots he got was pretty easy imo. What kind of shots did he miss, ignoring the 3 pointers ofcourse.

Darren
RealGM

Post#8 » by Darren » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:53 pm

I think people are expecting a lot of Eugene who's supposed to be limited offensely. I wonder what position Eugene actually plays. I see Eugene to post up a lot in highlight. That's clearly not a strength from preseason. Eugene is playing somewhat like Diaw, Green and Horford as a ball handler creating from top of the key. There's quite some good passing effort. I think the defense is very fine. Disruptive for most part. Rebounding is also great. Let's not forget Eugene is only 6-7.

I am interested in how Dwight Powell plays down there.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,929

Post#9 » by Apz » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Sounfs, with me not actually watched the game, that his rold gets too big down there? One of the things ive loved with his game is that hd dont need the ball. Whfn with mavs he moved around, followed tactics and just were in the roght spot when cutting or a rebound dropped. That kind of player might get too much rrsponsibility down there, and also that kind just gets bdtter the better players he play with. While a guy like burke is the opposit, and maybe carlik too
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#10 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:20 pm

Wow a player who can dribble and pass... Could be strange see him in a Mavs uniform :lol:
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#11 » by SOUNDCHASER » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm

So Moses tore it up 15 rebounds and 23 points
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,041

Post#12 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:10 pm

Watching the video of EO, I love EO, but these stats count for nothing, I am mere 6'3" 230lbs with crocodile arms, and I box out better than that.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
gottamakeit
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,318

Post#13 » by gottamakeit » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:09 pm

Darren wrote:I think people are expecting a lot of Eugene who's supposed to be limited offensely. I wonder what position Eugene actually plays. I see Eugene to post up a lot in highlight. That's clearly not a strength from preseason. Eugene is playing somewhat like Diaw, Green and Horford as a ball handler creating from top of the key. There's quite some good passing effort. I think the defense is very fine. Disruptive for most part. Rebounding is also great. Let's not forget Eugene is only 6-7.

Eugene Omoruyi with a wingspan of 7’1 ¼, and weight of 237 lbs. has decent measurables to play center.
Big men will struggle to post him up since he's got a pretty low center of gravity. Combine that with his reach, I think he should be fine.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Darren
RealGM

Post#14 » by Darren » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 pm

gottamakeit wrote:
Darren wrote:I think people are expecting a lot of Eugene who's supposed to be limited offensely. I wonder what position Eugene actually plays. I see Eugene to post up a lot in highlight. That's clearly not a strength from preseason. Eugene is playing somewhat like Diaw, Green and Horford as a ball handler creating from top of the key. There's quite some good passing effort. I think the defense is very fine. Disruptive for most part. Rebounding is also great. Let's not forget Eugene is only 6-7.

Eugene Omoruyi with a wingspan of 7’1 ¼, and weight of 237 lbs. has decent measurables to play center.
Big men will struggle to post him up since he's got a pretty low center of gravity. Combine that with his reach, I think he should be fine.

Creating from high post is more natural to Eugene, anyway. T his does look like Draymond Green play. The long jumper is even more natural with quicker release.

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:12 pm

EO is a baller, no way he can't find minutes in our poor rotation. Mostly with WCS,Powell,DFS, Bullock, Brown ecc ecc play a lot of minutes.
Maybe he will fail in NBA, It's a possibility but Kidd have to find minutes for him right now.
Jones too, he earns a try.
Darren
RealGM

Post#16 » by Darren » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:26 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:EO is a baller, no way he can't find minutes in our poor rotation. Mostly with WCS,Powell,DFS, Bullock, Brown ecc ecc play a lot of minutes.
Maybe he will fail in NBA, It's a possibility but Kidd have to find minutes for him right now.
Jones too, he earns a try.

I think I want Moses Brown and Josh Green getting minutes over C Jones. Nothing wrong with Jones, but Brunson, Burke, Ntilikina are all playing at high level. There's no need to mess the minutes distribution at 1. However, Brown is not really spacing the floor. And Bullocks and Hardaway are both inconsistent with polarizing performance. Why not give Josh Green a try? Especially against difficult matchup like Devin Booker. Green could help in certain way for sure. WCS is consistent failure. Boban couldn;t play against certain matchup. Powell is usually awful defending the paint Maxi is sideline. Why not try out Moses Brown instead? And I think Kidd is too conservative. Starters should be pulled out earlier in blow out win. Eventually, it results in Luka's injury. The fault is on Kidd. In case, the Mavs need a natural PF stopper. Eugene should play especcially when DFS is ineffective. I really can't understand what Kidd is doing at times. Some decision makings are really questionable.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:47 am

I'm really sick and tired of WCS, Powell, Brown, Bullock ecc ecc and their mediocrity.

Try EO or Green can't be worse than see those scrubs.

Return to Dallas Mavericks