ImageImageImage

Tobias Harris Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#641 » by SparksFly87 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:47 am

Embiid and Tobias are a bad fit... they operate in the same spots of the court and both are average 3pt shooters and heavy iso players.

However, Simmons passing , rebounding and defense compliments Embiid really well especially as a 4/3 .

I would look to move Tobias for more gravity and rock out with Simmons in is starting PF spot. I think he's a much better fit and compliments Embiid way better.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#642 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:07 am

SparksFly87 wrote:Embiid and Tobias are a bad fit... they operate in the same spots of the court and both are average 3pt shooters and heavy iso players.

However, Simmons passing , rebounding and defense compliments Embiid really well especially as a 4/3 .

I would look to move Tobias for more gravity and rock out with Simmons in is starting PF spot. I think he's a much better fit and compliments Embiid way better.

No they aren’t. Tobi is also NOT a heavy ISO player.

“Both operate same spots on the floor”

Have you ever heard anyone complaining about Tobi making it tough for Embiid to score because both are occupying the same space? I’ve only heard it with Ben.

Between a guy who can score and a guy who can defend and rebound, there’s way much value leaguewide on a guy who can score.

Between a guy who can score and a guy who can defend and rebound, there’s way much value on our team on a guy who can score.

There’s a reason why we’re looking to trade Ben for Dame and Harden and not for someone like Jerami Grant and Lu Dort.

Ben’s passing is overrated. We’re number one in the league on offense with a better offense than our years prior without Ben.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#643 » by rzzzzz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:04 pm

Hey, tonight would be a great time for him to take the court. Hope he’s able to do it.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,484

Post#644 » by elchengue20 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:34 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:Embiid and Tobias are a bad fit... they operate in the same spots of the court and both are average 3pt shooters and heavy iso players.

Ben is just an awful fit here with Embiid. In the halfcourt the only thing he can do is wait in the dunker spot and limit the spacing Embiids needs to operate.

Tobias is a bad fit with Embiid, but Ben and Embiid are a TERRIBLE fit. We still won 50 games a season because Ben and Embiid are both top talents, but you aint nearly maximizing any of them if they play together. Its a waste of talent.

Ben playing with shooters can be a Playoff team, probably never a contender, but you are going to be a perennial 6/8 th seed, at least.We saw in his rookie season when Biid got hurt, we still won many games with Ben and shooters around him.

If i was Indiana i would really looking to trade for Ben and pair him with Myles Turner.

A team lead by Tobias Harris is going nowhere but the top of the lottery, he just not a top 50 player in the NBA. Big problem with him is his skillset is built to be more a 1st option than a 3rd option.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,848

Post#645 » by mjkvol » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:23 pm

elchengue20 wrote:A team lead by Tobias Harris is going nowhere but the top of the lottery, he just not a top 50 player in the NBA. Big problem with him is his skillset is built to be more a 1st option than a 3rd option.

Exactly. Harris is the classic '1st option on a mediocre team' player. Not a knock, just a fact. Great guy, great teammate, great locker room leader, terrible fit on a team with championship aspirations in today's NBA.

And I have to believe that Daryl Morey knows this better than we do.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#646 » by Murray_17 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:30 pm

It seems Tobias a go for today.

Doc says that if he plays he's not gonna get his normal minutes tho
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#647 » by Tomjas » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:46 pm

Unless the plan is to sit Zion, Pelicans needs to do something

What would need to add to Tobias to get Ingram?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#648 » by Negrodamus » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:30 am

If we really want to sour the lockerroom, we can do Tobias for Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley. Would completely suck the poison out of the Kings lockerroom and add a solid presence.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#649 » by Foshan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:11 am

Negrodamus wrote:If we really want to sour the lockerroom, we can do Tobias for Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley. Would completely suck the poison out of the Kings lockerroom and add a solid presence.

I would think both teams would rather move Barnes/Bagley? Seems like if we move Tobias and with Simmons MIA we are hurting at the 4 spot.

I would really call Utah, and try to move Tobias for Ingles/Bogdanovic. It would be the super surround Embiid with shooters approach, but i think Green/Thybulle/Reed as sprinkled in defenders could make it work.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#650 » by DCasey91 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:14 am

Ask the Blazers for CJ and call it a day.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,355

Post#651 » by JRoy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:32 am

No thank you
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#652 » by Foshan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:03 am

JRoy wrote:No thank you

hahahaha

so do you have some fancy algorithm that finds all mentions of blazers and notifies you? I'm thinking that maybe really deep down you REALLY want Harris as a blazer and try to work some weird reverse reasoning trick on us.

Or maybe its just a really slow day at the office :)

Thanks for visiting JRoy :)
JRoy
RealGM

Post#653 » by JRoy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:43 am

Foshan wrote:
JRoy wrote:No thank you

hahahaha

so do you have some fancy algorithm that finds all mentions of blazers and notifies you? I'm thinking that maybe really deep down you REALLY want Harris as a blazer and try to work some weird reverse reasoning trick on us.

Or maybe its just a really slow day at the office :)

Thanks for visiting JRoy :)

PHI fans get a bad rap. I like your board and pop in now and again.

Can’t resist piling up about how little POR want Harris, much like how little PHI fans want CJ (except for Harris).

This is becoming a tradition.
Edrees wrote:

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Post#654 » by Kobblehead » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:31 pm

Blazers get 71.8 ppg from players 6'3" and under. With Nurkic being their lone tall guy that scores any points at all (11.5 ppg). At this point, why not try 2.5 years of Tobias Harris?
JRoy
RealGM

Post#655 » by JRoy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:58 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Blazers get 71.8 ppg from players 6'3" and under. With Nurkic being their lone tall guy that scores any points at all (11.5 ppg). At this point, why not try 2.5 years of Tobias Harris?

Because he gives POR nothing that we need and is more expensive than CJ.

If you want to add Thybulle then I’d do it but I’m a big fan.
Edrees wrote:

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,704

Post#656 » by the_process » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:25 pm

Tobias, Danny, Springer, and a 1st for Wall and Wood.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#657 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:08 am

Foshan wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:If we really want to sour the lockerroom, we can do Tobias for Buddy Hield and Marvin Bagley. Would completely suck the poison out of the Kings lockerroom and add a solid presence.

I would think both teams would rather move Barnes/Bagley? Seems like if we move Tobias and with Simmons MIA we are hurting at the 4 spot.

I would really call Utah, and try to move Tobias for Ingles/Bogdanovic. It would be the super surround Embiid with shooters approach, but i think Green/Thybulle/Reed as sprinkled in defenders could make it work.

This is the only realistic deal I see for Tobias. Not sure I'd do it given we already have Korkmaz, Green, Curry, and Thybulle at the wings. If anything, we need more defenders.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#658 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:45 am

1. Simmons for Ingram (3-way deal)

2. Harris for McCollum

McCollum/Maxey/Springer
Green/Curry/Milton
Thybulle/Korkmaz/Joe
Ingram/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey

Still needs more D, but it gets us closer to where we need to be.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,848

Post#659 » by mjkvol » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:50 am

I only hope someone was watching Harris' vintage performance tonight and is inspired to put a call in to Morey. Not sure I've seen many games that sum up his impact on a team more than this one. Bad loss, lackluster team effort with zero offensive rhythm, Tobi has two iso clearouts in crunch time and comes up empty, but yet a stellar stat line and 'player of the game'.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#660 » by sodmoraes » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:20 am

mjkvol wrote:I only hope someone was watching Harris' vintage performance tonight and is inspired to put a call in to Morey. Not sure I've seen many games that sum up his impact on a team more than this one. Bad loss, lackluster team effort with zero offensive rhythm, Tobi has two iso clearouts in crunch time and comes up empty, but yet a stellar stat line and 'player of the game'.

Hes the king of empty stats. Hes a good player , but not that good to play his style of game. He isos too much , and kills The flow of the offense.
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]

Return to Philadelphia 76ers