ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#1721 » by Madhouse » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:36 pm

Tofubeque wrote:I figured the Knicks' defense would fall off with their new starting lineup... but good lord.

Read on Twitter

RJ is looking like a major bust. He stinks.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,804

Post#1722 » by ash_k » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:56 pm

Any Simmons trade will have huge implication in our division
HOF Isiah Thomas had a good take here
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#1723 » by alpngso » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:41 am

Read on Twitter

Best Cavs rookie since Lebron?
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#1724 » by hsb » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:46 am

Ricky Rubio was so good in the fourth.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,054

Post#1725 » by HumbleRen » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:46 am

Yeah, Barnes ain’t winning no ROTY lol, especially with Pascal back.

Mobley is a generational defender, Cavs really got one.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,621

Post#1726 » by Bruin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:47 am

Mobley is gonna run away with ROY. Unless we decide to actually let Scottie get 15 FGA per game
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#1727 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:08 pm

PrinceAli wrote:Mobley is gonna run away with ROY. Unless we decide to actually let Scottie get 15 FGA per game
Yup can't see Barnes being fed 15 FGA a game unless he knows how to shoot 3s, which will vastly open up his game, the floor, and his teammates.

And until Siakam, FVV, OG all lower and defer to the eventual franchise player in Barnes.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,128

Post#1728 » by Chandan » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:17 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:Mobley is gonna run away with ROY. Unless we decide to actually let Scottie get 15 FGA per game
Yup can't see Barnes being fed 15 FGA a game unless he knows how to shoot 3s, which will vastly open up his game, the floor, and his teammates.

And until Siakam, FVV, OG all lower and defer to the eventual franchise player in Barnes.

fat chance. old dogs gotta eat. they will try to maintain the pecking order.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,028

Post#1729 » by NotMyKawhi » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:50 pm

Chandan wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

pascal will delay Scotties development. We should really let Pascal ball out all year or until the trade deadline, build his valueand trade him for future 1sts and a solid young centre.

Maybe cavs? Would they like Pascal over Allen?

I'd take Allen and some future cavs 1sts for Pascal. Maybe we could get sexton too and have a scorer off the bench
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#1730 » by 720 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:54 pm

Has less to do with pascal and more to do with the fact that our system isn’t ideal for Barnes shot attempts. For example Dragic took more shots last night, feels like Gary takes more every night, obviously OG, Fred and now Siakam get theirs.

Precious and Birch usually eat up a good chunk of shots as well when they play because Fred loves running pick and roll with them over Barnes.

Heck even when bench players like Svi and Banton come on the offense is more focused on getting them going than Barnes.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,028

Post#1731 » by NotMyKawhi » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:58 pm

720 wrote:Has less to do with pascal and more to do with the fact that our system isn’t ideal for Barnes shot attempts. For example Dragic took more shots last night, feels like Gary takes more every nights, obviously OG, Fred and now Siakam get there’s.

Precious and Birch usually eat up a good chunk of shots as well when they play because Fred loves running pick and roll with them over Barnes.

Heck even when bench players like Svi and Blanton come on the offense is more focused on getting them going than Barnes.

It is about Pascal tho. He's not a centre imo So it comes down to OG, Barnes and Pascal. One has to go, who would you pick to go? Pascal!
TheFutureMM
Rookie
And1: 958

Post#1732 » by TheFutureMM » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:00 pm

So I have $60 on Scottie to win ROY at +1100. Recently put $200 on Mobley at +430 to hedge.

The two have comparable counting stats but advanced defensive metrics are giving Mobley the edge (+ the media really seems to favour Mobley). I think it's going to be neck and neck all season.

Should be interesting to see where were at by all-star break. If one of the two really pulls away, I'll try to sell the other bet early.
RealGM

Post#1733 » by 720 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:06 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
720 wrote:Has less to do with pascal and more to do with the fact that our system isn’t ideal for Barnes shot attempts. For example Dragic took more shots last night, feels like Gary takes more every nights, obviously OG, Fred and now Siakam get there’s.

Heck even when bench players like Svi and Blanton come on the offense is more focused on getting them going than Barnes.

It is about Pascal tho. He's not a centre imo So it comes down to OG, Barnes and Pascal. One has to go, who would you pick to go? Pascal!

I was mainly addressing shot distribution, not the whole Siakam at center experiment that we’re trying. Apparently it was our best lineup last year but idk, I don’t mind either way (staying with Siakam at center or going big).

Going back to my main point about shot distribution I rather Siakam take 14-17 shots over gary, Fred, Svi, goran, precious, taking a bunch of shots. Allocate some of those attempts to Barnes and we’re in tune with the talent.

Atm one of our best players in Barnes is sacrificing shot attempts so guys like Svi, Gary, and Trent can take more shots. Not supposed to be how it works.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,813

Post#1734 » by Los_29 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:13 pm

Scottie is averaging 14 shots per game. Two more shot attempts than Mobley. Right now it's a pretty tight race but I'd give Mobley the edge. The team is doing everything right with Scottie. They are giving him opportunities to bring the ball up, they are giving him the ball in the half court. He's certainly been given more opportunities offensively than Mobley has.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#1735 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:14 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
Chandan wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:Yup can't see Barnes being fed 15 FGA a game unless he knows how to shoot 3s, which will vastly open up his game, the floor, and his teammates.

pascal will delay Scotties development. We should really let Pascal ball out all year or until the trade deadline, build his valueand trade him for future 1sts and a solid young centre.

Maybe cavs? Would they like Pascal over Allen?

I'd take Allen and some future cavs 1sts for Pascal. Maybe we could get sexton too and have a scorer off the bench
The problem is that the Raps aren't going down that path. They are in a win now while developing.

raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,621

Post#1736 » by Bruin » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:29 pm

Los_29 wrote:

Scottie is averaging 14 shots per game. Two more shot attempts than Mobley. Right now it's a pretty tight race but I'd give Mobley the edge. The team is doing everything right with Scottie. They are giving him opportunities to bring the ball up, they are giving him the ball in the half court. He's certainly been given more opportunities offensively than Mobley has.

Now that Siakam is back, Scottie’s attempts have understandably gone down

But also a lot of Scotties “shot attempts” are from multiple tip in attempts where he doesn’t even get the chance to grab it but rather just redirects the ball onto the basket. Majority of Mobleys attempts are assisted shots that are created by his guards

In reality, Mobley gets much more help in getting his shots than Scottie even if the total shot attempts say otherwise
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,054

Post#1737 » by HumbleRen » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:27 pm

He's in a bad fit in terms of roster construction, in a system with no offensive plan and still is putting up numbers. It's super impressive lol, not sustainable because a lot of his buckets come from broken plays but it proves he has the capacity to thrive even more if he had complimentary teammates beside him.
RealGM

Post#1738 » by 720 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:29 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

But also a lot of Scotties “shot attempts” are from multiple tip in attempts where he doesn’t even get the chance to grab it but rather just redirects the ball onto the basket. Majority of Mobleys attempts are assisted shots that are created by his guards

In reality, Mobley gets much more help in getting his shots than Scottie even if the total shot attempts say otherwise

Siakam and Barnes don’t overlap. Both can get their shots. Aside from Fred, OG and Siakam no one else has a hierarchy. Like you said a lot of Barnes shot attempts aren’t really attempts. There is no reason for Goran and Gary, to take more shots than Barnes. Like none.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,372

Post#1739 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:09 am

Bucks are trash this year.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,128

Post#1740 » by Chandan » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:26 am

720 wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Siakam and Barnes don’t overlap. Both can get their shots. Aside from Fred, OG and Siakam no one else has a hierarchy. Like you said a lot of Barnes shot attempts aren’t really attempts. There is no reason for Goran and Gary, to take more shots than Barnes. Like none.

i dont mind gary taking more shots. He's easily the most fluid/gifted scorer on our roster and still young.

Return to Toronto Raptors