Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Re: Myles Turner 

Post#21 » by Topofthekey » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:10 am

8305 wrote:
Wizop wrote:
8305 wrote:I think Sabonis and Turner like and respect one another. The question is how they feel about being on the bench at crunch time when match ups dictate a quick lineup.

winning solves that.

Sent from my phone.

Generally, ego rules.

I remember reading about this story long time ago. A couple of young, hot blooded Pacers were in this "whose team is it" kind of ego contest. I can't remember who, maybe Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest?

It got to the point where it started becoming detrimental to the team, but in the end the episode was defused by Reggie basically telling them you can stop arguing, it's neither of you, it's MY team

And they basically couldn't argue with that and so that was that
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#22 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:13 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
8305 wrote:
Wizop wrote:
winning solves that.

Sent from my phone.

Generally, ego rules.

I remember reading about this story long time ago. A couple of young, hot blooded Pacers were in this "whose team is it" kind of ego contest. I can't remember who, maybe Jermaine O'Neal and Ron Artest?

It got to the point where it started becoming detrimental to the team, but in the end the episode was defused by Reggie basically telling them you can stop arguing, it's neither of you, it's MY team

And they basically couldn't argue with that and so that was that

I think you've got the details right. It was addressed in the Netflix doc Untold that recently came out. But it still did tear apart that team and was partially what pushed Artest to ultimately make his ill-fated trade demand that led to his end in Indy.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#23 » by Wizop » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:03 pm

I totally forgot Oshae in writing about who's tradable

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Wizop wrote:I totally forgot Oshae in writing about who's tradable

Sent from my phone.

Oh, he’s not getting run right now, but I wouldn’t trade him unless absolutely need be. He’s a prototype 3 and D type combo forward that’s still young, and signed to a super team friendly long-term deal. Even if he doesn’t get much play this year, I’d still hold onto him.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#25 » by Wizop » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

Sent from my phone.

Oh, he’s not getting run right now, but I wouldn’t trade him unless absolutely need be. He’s a prototype 3 and D type combo forward that’s still young, and signed to a super team friendly long-term deal. Even if he doesn’t get much play this year, I’d still hold onto him.

I agree. I didn't mean we should trade him only that I forgot to include his name in possibilities. frankly, I'm surprised that he hasn't played up to my expectations so far this year, but it's early.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 716

Post#26 » by Pacers Forever » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:48 am

Wizop wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Sent from my phone.

I agree. I didn't mean we should trade him only that I forgot to include his name in possibilities. frankly, I'm surprised that he hasn't played up to my expectations so far this year, but it's early.

I think he’s flashed when in, but hasn’t gotten minutes for some reason.
Jtoneller1
Junior
And1: 183

Post#27 » by Jtoneller1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:20 pm

How would you guys feel about a Gary Trent Jr. for Turner deal?

Sent from my SM-A705W using RealGM mobile app
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:29 pm

Jtoneller1 wrote:How would you guys feel about a Gary Trent Jr. for Turner deal?

It wouldn't make much sense for Indy, positionally. We have Brogdon and Levert for now, and we just drafted Chris Duarte as the 2 guard of the future in this past lottery. Trent is really good, but he's at a position we have well populated for now and in the future.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Topofthekey » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:52 am

Jtoneller1 wrote:How would you guys feel about a Gary Trent Jr. for Turner deal?

I suspect the same way you feel about a LeVert for OG deal
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by Topofthekey » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:09 pm

Start Strus over Clunkan perhaps. I wouldn't start Herro because then the bench would never score at all. Herro deserves to start obviously but our bench is **** scoring without him. Bam is averaging 0.3 blocks per game! For a player with his size and athleticism that is sad. Fred freaking Vanvleet averages double that lmao. And our defense has dropped to 11th in the league. Turns out you need to be able to protect the rim at least a decent amount.

Exactly. Bam has reached unheard levels of softness. He's like fabric softener out there. Get Turner in here ASAP

I blame the chubby jewish women orgies.

At least it looks like Myles' season is getting some recognition from fans of other teams
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,657

Post#31 » by shrink » Tue Dec 7, 2021 4:05 am

The Timberwolves are also looking at the trade market, in attempt to buoy a playoff push. One player Minnesota appears to have interest in is Myles Turner of the Indiana Pacers.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#32 » by 8305 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:24 pm

shrink wrote:
The Timberwolves are also looking at the trade market, in attempt to buoy a playoff push. One player Minnesota appears to have interest in is Myles Turner of the Indiana Pacers.

This rumor has been out there pretty consistently. I just don't see how this gets done without a third team that is interested in a future pick laden package while at the same time has a player we like. I don't rule out a package that Golden State could assemble but, value that will take years to harvest doesn't interest me and I'm more favorable than most to moving Turner or Sabonis.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Dec 7, 2021 3:15 pm

shrink wrote:

It’s just so dang hard to make a deal work. Especially with both teams being so close to the luxury tax. Add in Indy’s usual resistance of selling current players for uncertain draft picks, and it’s hard to make something to work here. I’m guessing Minnesota would keep in contact in case Indy makes a big move and try and snag Myles as a 3rd team?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,657

Post#34 » by shrink » Tue Dec 7, 2021 3:48 pm

Good responses. Yes, I think Minnesota has been enamored with putting Myles Turner and KAT together for the last few years, but I was happy to see that with a new GM and a shocking top ten defense, the Wolves are still looking at Turner.

And I agree, it’s hard to make a trade work. I assume KAT and Ant are still off the table, and since most of MIN’s other players aren’t worth Turner, and are also underperforming this year offensively — the value would need to come from picks. If IND doesn’t want picks, a third team is vital, particularly if they can provide some financial wiggle room for both clubs. My mind always drifts to SGA in those situations, but maybe there are some other player/team combos that fit.

Anyway, I just posted to let you know there is still some real life desire to get Turner to MIN - we’ll see if there is a deal out there that makes it worthwhile to the Pacers.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#35 » by 8305 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:42 pm

https://theathletic.com/3005965/2021/12/09/as-pacers-consider-shake-up-myles-turner-seeks-bigger-role-with-more-opportunity/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Reading today's story in the Athletic, it sounds like Myles is saying get something done. He doesn't want to spend half his minutes on the floor as a stretch wing. A while back we were debating the likelihood of getting Myles to sign an extension. For me this fuels the notion that he's not signing an extension if his role doesn't change. I think he's right when he says he could be a more impactful offensive player if he played to five full time on offense.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Topofthekey » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:35 pm

8305 wrote:https://theathletic.com/3005965/2021/12/09/as-pacers-consider-shake-up-myles-turner-seeks-bigger-role-with-more-opportunity/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Reading today's story in the Athletic, it sounds like Myles is saying get something done. He doesn't want to spend half his minutes on the floor as a stretch wing. A while back we were debating the likelihood of getting Myles to sign an extension. For me this fuels the notion that he's not signing an extension if his role doesn't change. I think he's right when he says he could be a more impactful offensive player if he played to five full time on offense.

I agree, I think Myles has the ability to contribute more on offense

I feel part of the problem is, there are too many mouths to feed

Domas, Warren, LeVert, Brogdon - they are all capable of giving you a 20 point outing any given game

I think the team might be better off starting someone like Kyle Anderson over Warren, despite Warren being the better player overall (when healthy)

Get a high level role player or two in the starting lineup, and stagger some firepower in Warren or LeVert to the bench
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:54 pm

He’s not wrong, but he’s also somewhat in the wrong himself. Often, Myles passes up the wide open shot or the driving lane to wait and make a pass into a lesser option (in the moment). The team has been more free flowing the last couple weeks than they have for years, so some of it is just Myles going and getting one of the 20 or so shot attempts a night that are just “up for grabs”. He doesn’t have to be “greedy”, but he simply doesn’t need to be “too humble”.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#38 » by boomershadow » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:37 pm

When losing happens, everybody gonna an opinion why it's happening. It doesn't necessarily mean Turner is unhappy or turning into a malcontent or trying to cause drama. And his recent headline about his role was super overblown because that is what news is these days.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#39 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:49 pm

shrink wrote:Good responses. Yes, I think Minnesota has been enamored with putting Myles Turner and KAT together for the last few years, but I was happy to see that with a new GM and a shocking top ten defense, the Wolves are still looking at Turner.

And I agree, it’s hard to make a trade work. I assume KAT and Ant are still off the table, and since most of MIN’s other players aren’t worth Turner, and are also underperforming this year offensively — the value would need to come from picks. If IND doesn’t want picks, a third team is vital, particularly if they can provide some financial wiggle room for both clubs. My mind always drifts to SGA in those situations, but maybe there are some other player/team combos that fit.

Anyway, I just posted to let you know there is still some real life desire to get Turner to MIN - we’ll see if there is a deal out there that makes it worthwhile to the Pacers.

I don't know that MIN can afford to give up a first-round pick, and DAR isn't much of a chip. They brought him in to make KAT happy, and I don't think IND wants to put him next to Brogdon? Malik Beasley isn't worth it, Naz Reid is just ok.. I don't see it at all.

Return to Indiana Pacers