No, this team has zero heart
44%

Total votes: 34

UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Next 4 Games will Make or Break the Season 

Post#1 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Guaranteed the new owners saw this horrible effort and performance last night in person. This season is on the brink of either coming back or disaster. There’s still 70 games to go but Wolves are 4-8.

Season has been abysmal of inconsistency. All 3 of the Big 3 has been no shows. We had such high highs like the Bucks game when all 3 showed up. But last night was just horrible. There was legit zero effort by KAT. Ant played hard but when he’s just dribbling and over shooting, the whole team just stops and stares. Dlo’s lackluster play style just drains the fans and team. Even Naz Reid snapped at him after a timeout because of his porous lack of defense.

This is why no NBA GM’s or NBA players in the league respect Karl Anthony Towns or DLo.

KAT said he was gonna lead by an example. He was gonna be a true leader. He speaks a nice game but effort like last night tells the whole locker room and the world he’s not serious.

Dlo’s defense is just abysmal. He literally does not put an effort at guarding at all. Guys can just drive by him at will with zero resistance. I wanted to root for him when we traded Wiggins because you thought him and KAT’s friendship would mean something on or off the court but maybe these two guys are just spoiled ass kids who never grew up.

It’s no wonder why no one respect them. They are both max salary players and neither have any excuses this season.

Finch has lost all the good will he had at the end of last season. He won’t survive to see another season if this is the team. New ownership will clean house, new GM, new coach, new players everything.

The season is on the brink of being lost.

Next 4 games are all at home. Suns, Kings, Spurs, and Grizz.

If they can’t go at least 2-2. The season is over.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,332

Re: Next 4 Games will Make or Break the Season 

Post#2 » by winforlose » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Gotta ask, what are some other comeback stories from recent seasons? I admit we are doing much worse than I expected and I do think the sooner we get through whatever is going wrong the better. But I seem to recall teams with worse starts making the playoffs and being successful. To me the issue is whether we make a move to add some size and whether we get everyone else back up to their last season abilities. The play is inconsistent with the talent level which suggests issues that are fixable. I do have to admit I am very disappointed by Chris Finch. I loved the way he got guys playing more efficiently last year, and I see the improvement he has made to the defense. That said, he is not reaching these players and some cases not putting them in a position to succeed. I still have faith in him, but faith has its limits in the face of evidence.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#3 » by Merc_Porto » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:16 pm

We are doing exactly what i expected.
And some fluke wins (i don't know if that is the right way to say) are going to make delusionals think that we can somehow turn things around to a successful season.

No, not wit this roster.
Not at all!

But the ocassional wins like the one against the Lakers will appear sometimes. But then the reality will strike again and again and again.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#4 » by Note30 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:40 pm

Were paying so much for a **** roster.

The Culver Juancho trade was the only good thing to happen this off-season and even that was marginally good.

Rubio is literally racking up wins with the two 7 footer lineup in Cleveland. So Rubio for Prince was a **** idea.

And we're still so undersized we can't rebound and no one off the bench can create for themselves.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#5 » by jscott » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:20 pm

So this is what a Jump To Conclusions Mat looks like…
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Note30 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:53 pm

jscott wrote:So this is what a Jump To Conclusions Mat looks like…

We're the same team weve been except somehow worse.

Not exactly jumping to conclusions
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#7 » by Foye » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:11 pm

The season was lost before the season even started.
Even if the Wolves were to somehow reach the playoffs. They have zero chances to beat any of the top 6 teams in a playoff series.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#8 » by jscott » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 pm

Note30 wrote:

We're the same team weve been except somehow worse.

Not exactly jumping to conclusions

Commenting on the “no GM respects KAT” and other statements that were made that are obviously just opinion to color the OP. Just seem a bit much imo.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,332

Post#9 » by winforlose » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:25 pm

Note30 wrote:Were paying so much for a **** roster.

The Culver Juancho trade was the only good thing to happen this off-season and even that was marginally good.

Rubio is literally racking up wins with the two 7 footer lineup in Cleveland. So Rubio for Prince was a **** idea.

And we're still so undersized we can't rebound and no one off the bench can create for themselves.

Prince has imploded and Rubio is playing better than he did with us. That said, the extras in the Rubio deal could still be valuable and Prince could either show up or ship out. Either way Rubio was less valuable in those minutes then Beverly because without defense we would be nowhere. With a trade for size we could fix our rebounding (though boxing out and some other scheme changes seem necessary. For example we run in too much on 3 point attempts and take ourselves out of position. Also I have seen MCD and others go up weak with one hand or a token jump rather than exploding to the ball with two hands like Vando,) and improve our offense by forcing the opposing big to guard our big instead of cherry picking on V8 or JO or other non shooters. We got 3.5 mil savings plus a trade exemption. Assuming we are unwilling to into the tax we need to use every penny to bring in size ASAP.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,515

Post#10 » by shrink » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:25 pm

To quote Steve Rogers, “I understood that reference!”
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,185

Post#11 » by Neeva » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:56 pm

The talent and coaching is just not there.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Note30 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:03 pm

Foye wrote:The season was lost before the season even started.
Even if the Wolves were to somehow reach the playoffs. They have zero chances to beat any of the top 6 teams in a playoff series.

I agree with part of your sentiment, but making the playoffs would be a huge deal. Because then we have a chance at long term relevance if we improve the team next season. That might lead to a better FA, better team, it's a snowball effect.

IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#13 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:57 pm

dlo needs wake the beep up...shooting 39 fg% is not gonna help ur team win any games..i don't why 99% of his offense is based on jumpers and 3s. get to the hole..post up or sth..get some shots in the paint. i think he fares better with a pg like beverly nxt to him to help him lock down the quicker and more athletic pgs. he's actually a SG. though he might be able to defend the bigger and slower pgs. guys like trae young and curry will just blow by him. But yea, he needs to pick up the slack man. not 1 season in his career he shoots 44 fg%. I guess that's what happens when you rely on ur jumper too much; and you're not good at making them.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#14 » by IceManBK1 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:59 pm

Neeva wrote:The talent and coaching is just not there.

not a knock on Finch..but we need a coach with playoff exp..coach who's gonna hold dlo and towns even edwards accountable for playing like sh*t. I give Finch 20 games..if we don't get back to .500 we underachieved.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#15 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:33 am

Finch and Gupta will be gone if this is a losing season.

New owners will clean house completely.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#16 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:35 am

If this team goes 1-3 during the 4 game home stand, the season is over. They would be 5-11

You think they have the courage to come back from that? No way. They haven’t shown us anything to make us believe they are capable of that.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Post#17 » by WolfAddict » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:43 am

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#18 » by Mattya » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:52 am

I’ve already lost belief. There is no reason the team should be struggling this much offensively after what we saw second half of last year. There are just so many thing wrong that it is hard to imagine there being time to fix it and it won’t be in the next 4 games. Has their been a players only meeting yet? If not, then this team has no leader.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,181

Post#19 » by God Squad » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:11 am

KAT looks like he checkin out already. It's one play, but not a good sign. He's walking back before Edwards even shoots it :lol:.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,185

Post#20 » by Neeva » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:20 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
Neeva wrote:The talent and coaching is just not there.

not a knock on Finch..but we need a coach with playoff exp..coach who's gonna hold dlo and towns even edwards accountable for playing like sh*t. I give Finch 20 games..if we don't get back to .500 we underachieved.

Beasley can be abysmal shooting one game and Finch still refuses to put in Nowell. Nowell might have a hot shooting game but we will never know because he never gets in.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves