ImageImageImage

Joel: unchained.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Re: Joel: unchained. 

Post#101 » by elchengue20 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:23 am

Jrue is miles better than Harris as a 3rd option.

A 3rd option is a complementary player. You need defense from those. Jrue is a top 3 defender in his position, maybe the best. Harris is below average.Also you need spot up shooting and some playmaking, Jrue is probably better in both areas.

If im a bad team and need someone to put 20/25 ppg Tobias may be better. But if we talking about a 3rd option in a contender, Jrue is clearly way better.

Its very hard to be a real contender with Tobias freaking Harris as your 3rd option making max money.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,339

Post#102 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:22 am

This is nice and I love watching him do this

Read on Twitter

the problem i usually see is when he turn from face-up to back down, help defenders could deflect the ball because he has no view of where the help is coming.

But these kind of moves are the kind of moves you practice a lot so if it’s money, then just carry on.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#103 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:27 am

elchengue20 wrote:
Its very hard to be a real contender with Tobias freaking Harris as your 3rd option making max money.

When Lakers won the championship, Kuzma was their 3rd option. Suns had Ayton as their option. Tobi is a better scorer or at the same level than Jrue.

I think you can have Tobi as your third option. In two scenarios..
1- Embiid is always healthy that you dont need anyone to take over games when he goes through some weird conditioning issues
2- if You get a guy like Harden or Dame instead of Ben

There’s a big load you need to carry on offense on our team because Embiid’s play is sporadic. Its like ur used to ride on training wheels then you just dont know when your training wheels will be removed.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 404

Post#104 » by Zumramania » Sat Nov 6, 2021 9:11 am

Kuzma was not their 3rd option as he played 23 minutes per game in the playoffs when they won the title, I'm not sure you would call that the third option. It was actually Lebron, AD and the supporting cast, it is hard to single out a third option in that squad. Maybe it was even Rondo, because of the overall impact and the playmaking. Also, Rondo shot 40% from 3 in those playoffs lol.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#105 » by stormi » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:14 pm

76ciology wrote:This is nice and I love watching him do this

Read on Twitter

the problem i usually see is when he turn from face-up to back down, help defenders could deflect the ball because he has no view of where the help is coming.

But these kind of moves are the kind of moves you practice a lot so if it’s money, then just carry on.

Straight out of Kobe's repertoire

Watch from the 9 second mark to about the 20 second mark
76ciology
RealGM

Post#106 » by 76ciology » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:46 pm

stormi wrote:

Read on Twitter

Watching this video makes you realize how much easier it is for him to play without Ben. Embiid should have been the one asking Ben to be traded as early as 2017.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#107 » by rzzzzz » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:56 pm

76ciology wrote:Watching this video makes you realize how much easier it is for him to play without Ben. Embiid should have been the one asking Ben to be traded as early as 2017.

If Biid had been freer of injury, he may have been less impressed with Ben’s obvious potential. But no doubt, he let everybody know just how furious he was with letting Jimmy walk. And he looks pretty chill at the moment, all things considered. If he can get his game going like last year, he’s going to be really liking his current roster without Ben, and looking forward to whatever talent Morey can acquire.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,461

Post#108 » by elchengue20 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 8:36 pm

76ciology wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:

When Lakers won the championship, Kuzma was their 3rd option. Suns had Ayton as their option. Tobi is a better scorer or at the same level than Jrue.

I think you can have Tobi as your third option. In two scenarios..
1- Embiid is always healthy that you dont need anyone to take over games when he goes through some weird conditioning issues
2- if You get a guy like Harden or Dame instead of Ben

There’s a big load you need to carry on offense on our team because Embiid’s play is sporadic. Its like ur used to ride on training wheels then you just dont know when your training wheels will be removed.

In that Lakers championship run the 3rd best player was Rondo, a poormans version of Jrue.

Also that Lakers team had tremendous star power, Lebron was still the best player in the NBA and AD played like a top 3 player in those Playoffs.

Sure, in that case maybe you can get away with a player like Kuzma or Harris as your 3rd scoring option. But we aint getting a player like Lebron anytime soon.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#109 » by sixers4real » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:35 am

Do you guys think if Joel will return during this road trip?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#110 » by Dnt hate » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Can anyone tell me what Phillys record is with and without Embiid
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,685

Post#111 » by 76thBearCub » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:17 am

What happened to this guy anyway?

Jk. Kinda. Feels like a long time. Was there ever any news if he was symptomatic or not? Assume he's vaxxed surely
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#112 » by kuclas » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:47 am

76thBearCub wrote:What happened to this guy anyway?

Jk. Kinda. Feels like a long time. Was there ever any news if he was symptomatic or not? Assume he's vaxxed surely

He’s symptomatic. He’s 7 foot 280 pounds. Plus the road trip. I highly doubt he gets back to Saturday November 27th at the earliest.

I think most policies is 10 days after positive test or no symptoms. Up to 14 days.

Embiid tested positive 12-13 days ago? But he’s probably still has symptoms. So he’s likely the full 14 days. Plus it’s a road trip. I just see no way he’s coming back the last two games of this trip.

Just praying we win in Sacramento and somehow come back home 10-9 rather than 9-10.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#113 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:51 pm

I agree he likely won't return until after the road trip at earliest.

Still-- wouldn't mind a quick update from the organization considering it's been nearly two weeks and we're getting slaughtered without him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#114 » by rzzzzz » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:28 pm

ankle420breaker wrote:I agree he likely won't return until after the road trip at earliest.

Still-- wouldn't mind a quick update from the organization considering it's been nearly two weeks and we're getting slaughtered without him.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

I’m cool if we just take care of business tonight. Then I can chalk this up as worthwhile investment in the development of Maxey and Bassey. And a chance for the team to play against a couple of trade candidates.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,516

Post#115 » by SixthStreet » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:33 pm

We haven't gotten any update on a player coming back from health and safety protocol until the day they played. I assume that'll be the same with Joel.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#116 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:01 am

Can Embiid be a closer?

I dont think he can be in 2018 playoffs when he tries to score in the paint and not get any calls.

In 2019 playoffs, we had Jimmy. While spacing was bad with Jimmy being a poor shooter and Ben at the dunker spot. Raps’ size exposed him.

In 2020 playoffs, he admitted that he should be more perimeter oriented.

In the 2020-2021 season, he became an elite mid range shooter. I thought he showed some signs of becoming a reliable go to guy down the stretch. But its still a work in progress.

He’s been struggling this season. There’s no Ben Simmons clogging the paint. There is much improved spacing and we have more weapons on offense compared to last season.

I do think he’ll eventually be a better closer. Because of how his game and our roster is improving.

But one thing that is consistent, it’s his inconsistency. How do we deal with this?

At first, I’m like.. maybe he just needs rest. But didnt he just had like a long rest. Maybe he’s still feeling the effects of Covid. For the mean time, i’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

And if it’s just Embiid being Embiid. Then we need to get an alpha scorer.

For Tobi? I wish. But I doubt anyone will give an alpha scorer for an empty scorer.

For Ben? If that’s doable, then it would have been done by now.

Until then, let’s enjoy the rollercoaster ride of Embiid as our closer.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#117 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:05 am

76ciology wrote:
stormi wrote:

Read on Twitter

Watching this video makes you realize how much easier it is for him to play without Ben. Embiid should have been the one asking Ben to be traded as early as 2017.

How silly is this fact is they need each other.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#118 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:08 am

76ciology wrote:Can Embiid be a closer?

I dont think he can be in 2018 playoffs when he tries to score in the paint and not get any calls.

In 2019 playoffs, we had Jimmy. While spacing was bad with Jimmy being a poor shooter and Ben at the dunker spot. Raps’ size exposed him.

In 2020 playoffs, he admitted that he should be more perimeter oriented.

In the 2020-2021 season, he became an elite mid range shooter. I thought he showed some signs of becoming a reliable go to guy down the stretch. But its still a work in progress.

He’s been struggling this season. There’s no Ben Simmons clogging the paint. There is much improved spacing and we have more weapons on offense compared to last season.

I do think he’ll eventually be a better closer. Because of how his game and our roster is improving.

But one thing that is consistent, it’s his inconsistency. How do we deal with this?

At first, I’m like.. maybe he just needs rest. But didnt he just had like a long rest. Maybe he’s still feeling the effects of Covid. For the mean time, i’m giving him the benefit of the doubt.

And if it’s just Embiid being Embiid. Then we need to get an alpha scorer.

For Tobi? I wish. But I doubt anyone will give an alpha scorer for an empty scorer.

For Ben? If that’s doable, then it would have been done by now.

Until then, let’s enjoy the rollercoaster ride of Embiid as our closer.

Raps didn’t expose anything Butler literally won us 2 games in that series (Games 2 and 6) What drivel are you spewing atm 76ciology?

We had a crap bench that’s why we lost. Also Embiid sucked on offense but was godly on defense.
Our starters were giving it to an ATG defensive unit with basically Robo Jordan after game 1.

Where was Harris in all of this? Sucking per usual. Ben was fine and was a positive because Leonard would have gone for 40 each game like in game 1. It was Ben on him or Leonard gets to do whatever he wants.

Posters have short memories.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#119 » by phillynative » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:15 am

DCasey91 wrote:
76ciology wrote:
stormi wrote:

They dont need each other IMO. Get Embiid a point guard / perimeter scoring threat and trade Ben to a team with a stretch 5 and another ball handler and they will be just fine.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#120 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:29 am

phillynative wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

They dont need each other IMO. Get Embiid a point guard / perimeter scoring threat and trade Ben to a team with a stretch 5 and another ball handler and they will be just fine.

Sorry to tell you but they do. They compliment each other for 85% of the game the other 15% is up to the closer to take over. Embiid isn’t that never has been and never will be.

Cool good luck with that in this market climate. Our team is putrid atm.

I want see a Fox/Ben trade or even worse DLO and see how bad it gets in the end. Can’t believe out of all of it Ben back is really the right answer. Ben is flawed and so is Embiid/Harris so is Doc and the FO.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers