ImageImageImageImage

Should the Magic start Okeke at the PF position and go back to a more traditional lineup?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Re: Should the Magic start Okeke at the PF position and go back to a more traditional lineup? 

Post#41 » by zaymon » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:16 am

drsd wrote:
zaymon wrote:I dont want to rain on your parade but Bamba/Carter pairing is not doing very well. All high sample 2 man lineups with Carter are positive outside him next to Bamba, Ross and Harris.
Its Carter who makes Bamba look good (or not very bad at least). Actually i think its front office order to raise Bamba value.
Bamba doesnt look like starting C, not even close.
With Isaac there is potential at least, with Bamba there is close to none. He is so lethargic even during his contract year. I would be terrified to rely on him after he gets paid.

Xatticus' comments really are the point. Yes the Magic starters are only mediocre. And Carter plus Bamba is not a long term solution to anything, but this team is losing games because its bench is one of the worst this team has ever had. Of course that is a reality of a team that started game-1 minus six players. But it is what it is.

I calculate that the Magic would be 5-8 right now if the bench had played to the same efficiency levels as the starters. That is, this team projects to be a tiny bit below mediocre when fully healthy.

The question of this thread though is about Okeke starting over Carter. I still don't see that. I do not see a Okeke/Carter or a Okeke/Bamba pairing as better than a Carter/Bamba pairing.

\..

You know what is the most glaring stat when you look at lineups ? Almost all bench units that have negative net rating include Mo Bamba.
I respect Xatticus but i am not sure what point he is really making. He basically wrote Carter is better player and Bamba can be exploited on defense but he is improved and can play more minutes than before. If being capable of playing 30 minutes after 4 years in NBA is some kind of achievement i have no words. Putting another big on the floor just to make him playable ? Doesnt look like recipe for success in the modern nba
Most stats are starting to suggest its not Bamba who makes our starting unit work.

Carter/Okeke + 3,7
Carter/Bamba - 2,0
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Re: Should the Magic start Okeke at the PF position and go back to a more traditional lineup? 

Post#42 » by pepe1991 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:53 am

Mo Bamba discusion is still a thing? :lol:

streach 5 who adds no value on defense or offense being 5th offensive option on top 3 worst team ,having no rolling game or inside presence ,getting destroyed and punked by 6'7 bench centers?
His "motor" runned for 5 games. As expected, he already lost interest to play with effort.

it's hilarous that we talk about development of 4th year player, and in same time talent like Mobley figured things out in matter of 3 games. Because, well, he is good. Mo Bamba will be 25 ( like Gordon) and people will still talk about potential, not productivity.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,009

Post#43 » by Ducklett » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:47 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Mo Bamba discusion is still a thing? :lol:

streach 5 who adds no value on defense or offense being 5th offensive option on top 3 worst team ,having no rolling game or inside presence ,getting destroyed and punked by 6'7 bench centers?
His "motor" runned for 5 games. As expected, he already lost interest to play with effort.

it's hilarous that we talk about development of 4th year player, and in same time talent like Mobley figured things out in matter of 3 games. Because, well, he is good. Mo Bamba will be 25 ( like Gordon) and people will still talk about potential, not productivity.

I want to trade Cole and Bamba just because of our illustrious board members. Either they would find someone else to complain about for page after page or there would be one post a week.

Spoiler: most of the guys aren't going to be around when we are good again.

How about we harp on how bad Suggs is for a week, just for something fresh.

Return to Orlando Magic