vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Re: Your 2022 NBA Draft Prospect 

Post#61 » by vic » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:52 pm

My early top picks

Jabari Smith - do it all Forward

Chet - do it all Center

Paolo - Scoring Forward, don't see the defense or boards yet though. More of a musclebound Carmelo Anthony

Bennedict Mathurin - do it all Shooting Guard

Any one of these guys could push Killian to the second unit

Starters:
Cade
Bey
Grant
Draft pick
Beef Stew

Bench:
Saben
Killian
Josh Jackson
Livers
Garza
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,881

Post#62 » by tmorgan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:57 pm

I love everything about Paolo Banchero except his stupid ass Stanley Johnson haircut. Baller.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#63 » by jakebernat » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:05 am

idk you guys. I still like Chet over banchero. banchero seems like a lighter, more perimeter based Julius randle, where Chet seems like he could be a better porzingis/wood.
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#64 » by vic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:35 am

Yeah I definitely take Jabari/Chet over Paolo
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#65 » by The Moose » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:59 am

Jabari is my pick so far
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,074

Post#66 » by NYPiston » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:56 pm

jakebernat wrote:idk you guys. I still like Chet over banchero. banchero seems like a lighter, more perimeter based Julius randle, where Chet seems like he could be a better porzingis/wood.

Banchero is far, far more advanced offensively than Randle was at the same age with room to grow his overall game and if he turned into a Randle, that would be a pretty darn good player. I think he's more agile than Randle, more like early Pistons Blake Griffin.
In any event, I certainly prefer Randle over Porzingis and Wood if it came down to those comparisons.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#67 » by tmorgan » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:59 pm

Chet is highly skilled and plays with an edge i really like. That said, he will get destroyed by NBA bigs on offense — he’s a toothpick — and is nowhere near quick enough to guard smalls. In other words, other than some blocks, he’s gonna get torched.

Banchero is clearly a more projectable star. Yea, he has lots to work on, just like everyone else, but you can clearly see the total package monster he could become.

We could draft a guard, certainly, but if we take a big and it’s not Banchero (assuming he’s on the board still), it’s a massive, massive mistake.

One more thing — I know that Coach K is past his prime, but he still makes the big decisions for Duke. He rarely lets anyone, let alone a freshman, run isolations on offense. That’s how good Banchero has been, he has the green light from his coach because he gets it done. He’s gonna be a monster.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#68 » by FloridaMan78 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:59 am

I think we’ll be picking out of the top three unless we get lucky. I really like Jaden Ivey, a super athletic guard that will attack the rim and defend.

NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,074

Post#69 » by NYPiston » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:37 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:I think we’ll be picking out of the top three unless we get lucky. I really like Jaden Ivey, a super athletic guard that will attack the rim and defend.

Yep, I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I'm really big on Ivey and he's another guy, like Cade, who thrives in the big moments and he's the type of high character kid that Weaver gravitates towards. Yes I know, another guard, and not a true point guard in the pass first sense but BPA always so I'd have no hesitation taking him if the Pistons fall to that 4-7 range. I think he's on the back half of the top 10 in most projections now but he's a "riser" candidate IMO.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#70 » by FloridaMan78 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:28 am

NYPiston wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:I think we’ll be picking out of the top three unless we get lucky. I really like Jaden Ivey, a super athletic guard that will attack the rim and defend.

Yep, I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I'm really big on Ivey and he's another guy, like Cade, who thrives in the big moments and he's the type of high character kid that Weaver gravitates towards. Yes I know, another guard, and not a true point guard in the pass first sense but BPA always so I'd have no hesitation taking him if the Pistons fall to that 4-7 range. I think he's on the back half of the top 10 in most projections now but he's a "riser" candidate IMO.

Yea another guard but we gotta keep taking BPA. I think the college game might hide his potential because the lane is so clogged. His play in the Fiba U19 will be more indicative of his game in the NBA. We really need someone that can attack and cut to the rim with athleticism and explosiveness.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#71 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:56 pm

tmorgan wrote:Chet is highly skilled and plays with an edge i really like. That said, he will get destroyed by NBA bigs on offense — he’s a toothpick — and is nowhere near quick enough to guard smalls. In other words, other than some blocks, he’s gonna get torched.

Banchero is clearly a more projectable star. Yea, he has lots to work on, just like everyone else, but you can clearly see the total package monster he could become.

We could draft a guard, certainly, but if we take a big and it’s not Banchero (assuming he’s on the board still), it’s a massive, massive mistake.

One more thing — I know that Coach K is past his prime, but he still makes the big decisions for Duke. He rarely lets anyone, let alone a freshman, run isolations on offense. That’s how good Banchero has been, he has the green light from his coach because he gets it done. He’s gonna be a monster.

On a side note, I had a little back forth on MLive in an article about Hunter Dickinson, the headline reading that expectations were high for him this year and his potential to become the best big in the NCAA. A guy posted that Chet was the best big in the country and relative to Dickinson specifically, "it's not even close." I said the same thing about Chet, that at his size he'd get easily pushed around by NBA bigs. Then the guy comes back with Chet's stat line from his first game, 14 points/13 rebounds/6 assists/7 blocks, and said "Tell me when Hunter ever put up a stat line like that." My answer was easy--"Michigan doesn't get to play Dixie State." Chet's next game against #5 Texas? 2 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 blocks.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#72 » by Liqourish » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Duke’s Paolo Banchero has been charged with aiding and abetting DWI, per The News and Observer. That might impact his draft stock some.
tmorgan
RealGM

Post#73 » by tmorgan » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:04 pm

Liqourish wrote:Duke’s Paolo Banchero has been charged with aiding and abetting DWI, per The News and Observer. That might impact his draft stock some.

What does that mean, exactly? He made or helped a drunk person drive him? Odd.
GreekAlex
Starter
And1: 1,252

Post#74 » by GreekAlex » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:20 pm

tmorgan wrote:
Liqourish wrote:Duke’s Paolo Banchero has been charged with aiding and abetting DWI, per The News and Observer. That might impact his draft stock some.

All the excessive laws are so dumb.

Even the driver of the car was right on the legal limit of .08

Trying to prosecute more people than the driver is ridiculous. It’s bad enough to put the driver through the whole DUI drama for .08 :roll:
GreekAlex
Starter
And1: 1,252

Post#75 » by GreekAlex » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:23 pm

Manocad wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Chet is highly skilled and plays with an edge i really like. That said, he will get destroyed by NBA bigs on offense — he’s a toothpick — and is nowhere near quick enough to guard smalls. In other words, other than some blocks, he’s gonna get torched.

On a side note, I had a little back forth on MLive in an article about Hunter Dickinson, the headline reading that expectations were high for him this year and his potential to become the best big in the NCAA. A guy posted that Chet was the best big in the country and relative to Dickinson specifically, "it's not even close." I said the same thing about Chet, that at his size he'd get easily pushed around by NBA bigs. Then the guy comes back with Chet's stat line from his first game, 14 points/13 rebounds/6 assists/7 blocks, and said "Tell me when Hunter ever put up a stat line like that." My answer was easy--"Michigan doesn't get to play Dixie State." Chet's next game against #5 Texas? 2 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 blocks.

It’s crazy how many people have confirmation bias.

And it’s not just with sports related opinions :lol:
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,368

Post#76 » by Billl » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:40 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
tmorgan wrote:

Trying to prosecute more people than the driver is ridiculous. It’s bad enough to put the driver through the whole DUI drama for .08 :roll:

The driver was a minor, so the legal limit was zero.

The aiding and abetting is because Banchero was the owner of the car and gave coach K's grandson the keys to drive him home even though he knew they had both been out drinking together. And no, it's not a more serious crime than the DUI. It's a misdemeanor and the punishment is usually just a fine.

Also, this was in Orange County - home to UNC. Can't be Dukies - and coach K's grandson at that - and expect the cops to give you a break. Better stay up in Durham with that where the locals might look the other way.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#77 » by mattao313 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:39 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
tmorgan wrote:

It's 2021 get a Uber or Lyft and this doesn't happen.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using RealGM mobile app
Championships
Manocad
RealGM

Post#78 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:47 pm

GreekAlex wrote:
tmorgan wrote:

You're not kidding. I know a guy who got charged with a DUI because in order to get an Uber (which was his plan since he knew he was over the limit) he had to go out to his car to plug his phone in because it was dead. His car was one where there was no auxiliary power unless the keys were in the ignition turned to accessory power. He was literally in the midst of ordering the Uber on his phone when the cop knocked on his window--car NOT running--pulled him out of the car, field sobriety test (failed), Breath-a-lyzer (failed) then arrested him. He literally showed the cop on his phone that he was ordering an Uber and the cop didn't care, said it didn't matter since his keys were in the ignition. He was able to beat the charge but obviously still had to spend a night in jail, pay an attorney, take time off for the hearing, etc. And I'm not defending drunk driving in any way but to me in order to be guilty of DRIVING under the influence it should be required that you're, oh I don't know, ACTUALLY DRIVING. That's the actual dangerous part and why attempted murder isn't murder. Don't get me wrong--if the cop saw a guy staggering out of the bar to his car and stopped him from driving, great. That's a good thing because it keeps people safe. But then charging the person with a DUI, even if their intention WAS to drive, seems over the line to me. If you want to play mouse trap then wait until the guy pulls out of the parking spot then get him in the parking lot. Otherwise just take the keys, make the person order an Uber or just send them on their way and tell them to figure out a ride and come get their keys from the police station in the morning.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#79 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:51 pm

mattao313 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
tmorgan wrote:

Just don't do it from your car with the keys in the ignition in order to power up your phone due to the battery having died.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#80 » by mattao313 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:53 pm

Manocad wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

Just don't do it from your car with the keys in the ignition in order to power up your phone due to the battery having died.
What car doesn't charge your phone without it being on? Never heard of that one.

Championships

Return to Detroit Pistons