Image ImageImage Image

Dear Stacey King . . .

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,499

Re: Dear Stacey King . . . 

Post#181 » by DuckIII » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:20 pm

At this point I would like to point out that, despite honking the horn that caused the avalanche, I really like Stacey King. :D
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#182 » by Rowland Garrett » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:05 pm

coldfish wrote:
madvillian wrote:
cool007 wrote:I love how Stacey keeps saying that this is not last year's Bulls team ladies and gentlemen and then any time we are up by like double digits with 2 minutes remaining and the other team scores and cut it down to single digit and he goes in the panic mode.

I am like, relax Stacey. As you say, this is not last year's team. We are not letting the other team win when we are up by double digit. So please relax and don't instill panic in Bulls fans heads.

Exactly. He's like a Labrador chasing a ball that gets distracted halfway there and ends up chasing a bee instead. It's so annoying listening to him spin around in circles emotionally.

At the end of the Mavs game he was all in a panic when they cut it to around 12 with three minutes to go and it's like dude, just relax, a couple of buckets or hell a single triple probably ends the game and that's pretty much exactly what happened. This isn't last year's team with Coby White trying to break a trap and turning it over you've got experienced vets like Derozan, Ball and Caruso around to help out.

For me, he makes opposing team runs exponentially worse. I can ignore the singing and stupid catch phrases when the team is doing well but as soon as the other team scores twice in a row he immediately starts with the idiotic analysis. He complains about every jump shot, regardless of it being good or not. Will demand that a big guy get it in the post, even if Vuc is 1 for 7 at the time. Every basket surrendered is somehow a mistake as he rants about KYP and dictating that the Bulls not close out on open shooters.

Basically, as I am getting frustrated with a run, he is piling on with stupidity. I invariably turn the volume off.

I miss Larrivee and Kerr. That was the best duo the Bulls have had since I have been listening.

I do as well. I'd take Dore and Kerr as well. But Durham and Kerr is tops.

Hell, I'd take the less full-of-himself Stacy King. But I'm afraid silence is my only option.
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#183 » by Rowland Garrett » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:07 pm

Shy Gorgeous-Al wrote:Are you guys serious? You need to appreciate Stacey when you have so many terrible broadcasting crews around the NBA. For example Austin Carr of the Cavs. I have no idea why this guy still has a job. I'm not even sure he speaks English.

Nope. Silence is better than King. Silence is not ideal.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#184 » by BigUps » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:35 pm

Stacey is reminding me of a much more likable version of Hawk Harrelson. He's all about the catch phrases. Its entertainment over analysis which is probably the right thing to do for most people watching the broadcast.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,061

Post#185 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:44 pm

mhd wrote:As a non-Bulls fan, I find King hilarious. What other announcer starts going into Back to the Future?

I love the guy. He's fun. I'm not sure what the Bulls fans that don't like him want but I'm happy we have him. I don't want a serious broadcast, I want entertainment. All of my non-Bulls fans friends love him.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Post#186 » by madvillian » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:29 pm

Shy Gorgeous-Al wrote:Are you guys serious? You need to appreciate Stacey when you have so many terrible broadcasting crews around the NBA. For example Austin Carr of the Cavs. I have no idea why this guy still has a job. I'm not even sure he speaks English.

Carr is probably my least favorite but there are a lot of crews better than Chicago's. The Nets crew and the Clippers crew are both quite a bit better. Knicks too.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#187 » by rtblues » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:40 pm

BullChit wrote:I am a Stacey King supporter and don't get annoyed by his Bane voice but today the Cookie Monster stuff made empathise with all of you who don't like him..

I understand now even though I still support him

Yeah, king stepped on the caruso lob to zach for the dunk while doing his cookie monster voice..
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,061

Post#188 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:43 pm

Nobody complained about Stacey when Funk was with him. Everyone just complained about Funk. Now Funk is gone and they don't like Stacey. Some people just always need to complain about something.

Keep doing your thing Stacey, can't make everyone happy.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#189 » by JohnnyTapwater » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:45 pm

polarizing.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#190 » by rtblues » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:53 pm

madvillian wrote:
Rowland Garrett wrote:Golden Pipes and the Mike song done for Zach returned. :banghead:

And to those that like the STOOPID Bane voice... :crazy:

I will add that like Funk, King also gets oddly mean spirited in his criticism of other teams and players. So you've got this corny ass persona suddenly coming with something like "and that's why he's played for 4 teams in 5 years bonehead plays like that".

Yeah. And to King, Chandler Hutchison was "Young Pip".... How did that one age?
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Mirotek
Veteran
And1: 1,480

Post#191 » by Mirotek » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:05 pm

Hey Stacey, we know you lurk this board and know this thread exists. Give us a shoutout please
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,701

Post#192 » by dougthonus » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:10 pm

I don't see local feeds all that often but was watching the Cavs yesterday, and oh my god were those guys awful.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,701

Post#193 » by dougthonus » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:15 pm

Ayo Silver away is back too. Oh god do I cringe at that one.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#194 » by BullChit » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:04 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:polarizing.

Stacey is the new Markannen
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst

Post#195 » by JohnnyTapwater » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:57 pm

dougthonus wrote:Ayo Silver away is back too. Oh god do I cringe at that one.

Don't judge me, but I think about you now when he says it after you mentioned it. lol.

I might be the culprit behind that gold seeing as I try to feed him nicknames on social media.

I fed him Nico Suave - I'm taking credit for Ayo Silver after I realized his name wasn't A-yo ...lol

Just know, if he calls Javonte Green, Cabrini Green. That was me too.

Sorry in advance.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#196 » by BullChit » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:11 pm

Testing a theory here...

But when Ayo hits a 3 instead of Bang Bang Bang I want to hear Stacey say "Boom Boom Boom let me here ya say Ayo..."

Amin can then chime in with "AYOOOO"
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,205

Post#197 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:17 am

IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:
mhd wrote:As a non-Bulls fan, I find King hilarious. What other announcer starts going into Back to the Future?

I love the guy. He's fun. I'm not sure what the Bulls fans that don't like him want but I'm happy we have him. I don't want a serious broadcast, I want entertainment. All of my non-Bulls fans friends love him.

So King is doing the job he is supposed to do. He is there to entertain the non diehard fans. People who spend their time on basketball forums are going to watch a game anyway. So yeah he drives me nuts but he isn’t there for me, they already have me no matter who is making the call. You have casual fans, kids, spouses etc… they I am sure enjoy the schtick or at least enough of them do or the marketing department might tell him to change it up. They bought in in Amin, because he feeds it. Now does it make me cry? Yup. I also cry over most bubblegum popular things though so there isn’t much that would please me that would also please the masses.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst

Post#198 » by JohnnyTapwater » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:42 am

BullChit wrote:Testing a theory here...

But when Ayo hits a 3 instead of Bang Bang Bang I want to hear Stacey say "Boom Boom Boom let me here ya say Ayo..."

Amin can then chime in with "AYOOOO"

That would be gold!
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#199 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:05 am

The one thing that's always made me laugh about Stacey is him talking about how a player just needs to be more confident to do something better. That's his analysis for most things.

Tonight for example, it was because of lack of confidence that Tony Bradley wasn't catching the ball and sucked as in the short roll. You know, not because he just has bad hands and he shouldn't be asked to play as a short roll big. It's because of Tony not being confident.

I like Stacey, but there are just some things he makes me scratch my head about.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
lostonbase
Starter
And1: 277

Post#200 » by lostonbase » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:37 pm

I am ok with King using the Bane impersonation if that means the game is in control :) Beeep beep

Return to Chicago Bulls