Total votes: 33

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#101 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Kuzmataz?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#102 » by doclinkin » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:53 pm

Bob Kouzy?
Tom Kuize?
Kuzin' for a bruisin?
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 871

Post#103 » by badinage » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:53 pm

Every time I hear Kuz, I think “cooze,” which makes me think of:

[start it at 1:00 in]

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#104 » by tontoz » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Shots fired on Twitter :lol:

Read on Twitter
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#105 » by FAH1223 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:36 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#106 » by FAH1223 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:14 am

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#107 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:29 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That'd be hilarious even if we weren't 10-3.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#108 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:27 pm

Ruzious wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That'd be hilarious even if we weren't 10-3.

Read on Twitter

:lol:
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#109 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 5:15 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,880

Post#110 » by Frichuela » Tue Jan 4, 2022 12:38 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Kuzma has been better than many expected, especially in the clutch. Curious to see what Tommy is going to do at the trade deadline…
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#111 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 4, 2022 1:08 pm

Not bad for the "worst player in the NBA".... :wink:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 4, 2022 1:54 pm

Thing is - Do we know what the real Kyle Kuzma is? Even with this insane 4 game streak, statistically he's what he's always been - an average player who's shooting 44% and just 34% from 3 - he'll get you 15 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists per game. I think his improvement is based on his shot selection; his shots are now mostly either layups or 3's. He knows his efficiency is poor in the mid-range, and it's lazy for him to rely on it.

In the meantime, if we get an offer for him based on his current streak and his clutch stats, gotta consider it - especially if they think Rui is a major part of their future.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#113 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 4, 2022 1:59 pm

Ruzious wrote:Thing is - Do we know what the real Kyle Kuzma is? Even with this insane 4 game streak, statistically he's what he's always been - an average player who's shooting 44% and just 34% from 3 - he'll get you 15 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists per game. I think his improvement is based on his shot selection; his shots are now mostly either layups or 3's. He knows his efficiency is poor in the mid-range, and it's lazy for him to rely on it.

In the meantime, if we get an offer for him based on his current streak and his clutch stats, gotta consider it - especially if they think Rui is a major part of their future.

LOL, I just posted essentially the same thing in the game thread while you posted this.

He's a nice player who has been fine at starting PF, but we shouldn't overstate his impact. Outside of the clutch shooting, his numbers are pretty ordinary. We could certainly go forward with him penciled in as the starting PF, but we could also trade him for value. He's not indispensable.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#114 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:14 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Thing is - Do we know what the real Kyle Kuzma is? Even with this insane 4 game streak, statistically he's what he's always been - an average player who's shooting 44% and just 34% from 3 - he'll get you 15 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists per game. I think his improvement is based on his shot selection; his shots are now mostly either layups or 3's. He knows his efficiency is poor in the mid-range, and it's lazy for him to rely on it.

LOL, I just posted essentially the same thing in the game thread while you posted this.

He's a nice player who has been fine at starting PF, but we shouldn't overstate his impact. Outside of the clutch shooting, his numbers are pretty ordinary. We could certainly go forward with him penciled in as the starting PF, but we could also trade him for value. He's not indispensable.

No one's saying he's indispensable or anything like that.....but taking into account his talent level, age and contract, I'd be shocked if you trade him for better value.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:27 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
nate33 wrote:

No one's saying he's indispensable or anything like that.....but taking into account his talent level, age and contract, I'd be shocked if you trade him for better value.

But that's the thing - we don't know what his trade value is and how much it's affected by things like his clutch stats and the recent hot streak. Also, he's still pretty young and in a reasonable contract.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#116 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jan 4, 2022 3:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
nate33 wrote:LOL, I just posted essentially the same thing in the game thread while you posted this.

But that's the thing - we don't know what his trade value is and how much it's affected by things like his clutch stats and the recent hot streak. Also, he's still pretty young and in a reasonable contract.

I hear what you're saying but considering the Wiz are in a "Win Now More", I doubt they'd receive anything comparable to what Kyle provides.

I might be wrong though...
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#117 » by Frichuela » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:57 pm

Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#118 » by Frichuela » Wed Jan 5, 2022 12:59 pm

From the same article:

Kuzma has made 12 clutch 3-pointers so far this season — four more than any other player. Kuzma’s plus-42 in 73 clutch minutes is the fourth-best plus/minus of any player so far this season as the Wizards own a league-best 15-3 record in clutch games. Kuzma’s 78.6% effective field goal percentage is the best among the 55 players with at least 20 clutch shot attempts.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#119 » by FAH1223 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:11 pm

Frichuela wrote:From the same article:

Kuzma has made 12 clutch 3-pointers so far this season — four more than any other player. Kuzma’s plus-42 in 73 clutch minutes is the fourth-best plus/minus of any player so far this season as the Wizards own a league-best 15-3 record in clutch games. Kuzma’s 78.6% effective field goal percentage is the best among the 55 players with at least 20 clutch shot attempts.

New formula for Kuz

Attack downhill all game. Only shoot if it’s catch and shoot.

And in the 4th under 2 minutes we run plays for him to get clean looks from 3 as priority #1 :lol:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#120 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:20 pm

Frichuela wrote:From the same article:

Which leads to the question - is this repeatable? And I think the stat experts - really in every sport - would say no. In that case, our record in close games is probably going to decline, and we're probably not going to win games at the rate we have and should adjust expectations accordingly - unless... others pick up the slack for Kuzma's inevitable decline in clutchatude.

Return to Washington Wizards