RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Game 12: Pistons (2-9) @ Raptors (7-6) - Nov. 13 7:30 PM EST 

Post#241 » by Manocad » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:38 pm

mattao313 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
mattao313 wrote:Still think we're a bottom team

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using RealGM mobile app

Which is to be expected. If you ever posted anything positive about this team I'd be amazed.
I do im just not all sunshine and rainbows like other guys here.

There isn't a single poster here who's "all sunshine and rainbows." This team still has a ways to go, we all know it, and we all say it.
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#242 » by FloridaMan78 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:53 pm

bstein14 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
FloridaMan78 wrote:
You think we’re worse than Houston, Pelicans and Orlando? Have you seen them play? Lol
Have you watched the Pistons lol they suck just as bad . We got the worst differential in the league

Still the worst ranked offense but I think that changes over the next 10 days as we play 5 straight home games. Even the win over Toronto really helped our rank now we're barely behind a few teams. I would still bet we'll end up bottom 5 or 6 in differential but I don't think we finish bottom 3 in point differential. Even last year we were 25th in the league in point differential and we're pretty close to the same team this season with more experience. Missing the shots we've missed has been a bit of an anomaly.

Houston and the Pelicans are awful and even if we go 2-11 the Magic are about to go 1-12. 25 wins will get us out of the bottom three. I see Houston and the Pelicans winning less than 20. We’re bad, but not bad enough lol.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#243 » by hoophabit » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:08 pm

FloridaMan78 wrote:
bstein14 wrote:
mattao313 wrote:Have you watched the Pistons lol they suck just as bad . We got the worst differential in the league

Still the worst ranked offense but I think that changes over the next 10 days as we play 5 straight home games. Even the win over Toronto really helped our rank now we're barely behind a few teams. I would still bet we'll end up bottom 5 or 6 in differential but I don't think we finish bottom 3 in point differential. Even last year we were 25th in the league in point differential and we're pretty close to the same team this season with more experience. Missing the shots we've missed has been a bit of an anomaly.

Houston and the Pelicans are awful and even if we go 2-11 the Magic are about to go 1-12. 25 wins will get us out of the bottom three. I see Houston and the Pelicans winning less than 20. We’re bad, but not bad enough lol.

Yeah, if we're not careful we could end up with a 'consolation prize' like Scottie Barnes? :wink:

If they start showing out a better team I'll try to suppress my remorse.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#244 » by mattao313 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:41 pm

Manocad wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Manocad wrote:Which is to be expected. If you ever posted anything positive about this team I'd be amazed.
I do im just not all sunshine and rainbows like other guys here.

There isn't a single poster here who's "all sunshine and rainbows." This team still has a ways to go, we all know it, and we all say it.
Yes they're posters that get offended when you say anything other than overly positive things about our picks.

Championships
Manocad
RealGM

Post#245 » by Manocad » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:34 pm

mattao313 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
mattao313 wrote:I do im just not all sunshine and rainbows like other guys here.

Yes they're posters that get offended when you say anything other than overly positive things about our picks.

Ok, Don Quixote. :thumbsup:
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,123

Post#246 » by NYPiston » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:00 pm

Liqourish wrote:I think I've discovered the disconnect. aad and the like equate scoring with playing well. Things like rebounding, setting up teammates, defense, spacing, etc, don't compute. So if someone misses shots, they believe that player doesn't play well. It's not that they are trying to be haters, they just don't understand the game of basketball.

Spot on. I like to call it "immature posting" and it's not just here on the Pistons board but on the main board too. It reads like a bunch of teenagers posting or adults who just don't understand the nuance of basketball.
Did you notice that the poster who said Cade was a blown pick disappeared after Cade clutched it out down the stretch? Classic troll and message board poison tbh.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#247 » by Manocad » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:53 pm

NYPiston wrote:
Liqourish wrote:I think I've discovered the disconnect. aad and the like equate scoring with playing well. Things like rebounding, setting up teammates, defense, spacing, etc, don't compute. So if someone misses shots, they believe that player doesn't play well. It's not that they are trying to be haters, they just don't understand the game of basketball.

Spot on. I like to call it "immature posting" and it's not just here on the Pistons board but on the main board too. It reads like a bunch of teenagers posting or adults who just don't understand the nuance of basketball.
Did you notice that the poster who said Cade was a blown pick disappeared after Cade clutched it out down the stretch? Classic troll and message board poison tbh.

I've always thought aad was a burner account. Or maybe his username stands for Athletics Acumen Disorder.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,885

Post#248 » by MotownMadness » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:21 pm

Manocad wrote:
NYPiston wrote:

I've always thought aad was a burner account. Or maybe his username stands for Athletics Acumen Disorder.

Lol, he started a Cade is a bust thread 2 games into SL so we already know his agenda.
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#249 » by edmunder_prc » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:19 pm

Only able to watch the 1st half but this is what Im talking about! Someone hits some shots and the PGs all of sudden played with way more confidence. Killian looked like a different player when he passes the ball to his teammates and they make shots. Whatever it takes to get better shooting, get it done.

Putting Cade/Killian out there with brick layers is painful for me to watch - it must horrible for them to pass to guys who cant make anything.

I dont expect every game to be the "Win One for CASEY" in Toronto. I've seen this one before - DET wins for coach even when they are way less talented.

Cade and Killian both pushed down the floor - great passes - lots of energy.
Grant looked bad again in the 1st half - stood at the 3 point line - passed out of open shots - never drove. Looks like he got going the 2nd half.

Return to Detroit Pistons