ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1601 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:19 am

The Goliath was a blast. I ended up 4th on my first run through it. I was in 3rd most of the race, overtook for 2nd at one point, then lost it at the end. 1st was way ahead from about 3 minutes in-forward - needed to overtake him way earlier. But it was cool to see the whole map like that. I leveled up 3 times and got countless skill points in one race :lol:
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1602 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:20 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
glenn wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
I tried this to get the weekly bonus for the Nissan Z Fairlady, and I dropped 80K on parts and tunes for the car and I was still terrible. I just gave up, but it was a highly-rated tune so I presume it's me just needing to git gud.

Don't remember what that goal was, but the weekly challenges can be a pain (this week they have you do it in another Nissan that's terrible for drifting). Practice helps, but the tune might have sucked also. I check the creator card and try to find someone that has a lot of followers/downloads. I had trouble with this week's challenge until I realized that you can't use the e-brake and that it doesn't matter if you finish the race.

I just finished getting 3 stars in all drift zones using the BMW 325i and the "driftzones" tune by KenBlocksSohn. Never left first gear.

So, you guys been buying and gifting a lot of **** Jeeps too?

Is there a point to gifting? I did it a couple times, but yeah it's basically everyone just exchanging **** cars so I just tuned it out (no pun intended).
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1603 » by glenn » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:32 am

Just tried it for the first time and my super wheel spin paid out 450,000 credits :lol:
:reporter:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1604 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:55 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
glenn wrote:Don't remember what that goal was, but the weekly challenges can be a pain (this week they have you do it in another Nissan that's terrible for drifting). Practice helps, but the tune might have sucked also. I check the creator card and try to find someone that has a lot of followers/downloads. I had trouble with this week's challenge until I realized that you can't use the e-brake and that it doesn't matter if you finish the race.

I just finished getting 3 stars in all drift zones using the BMW 325i and the "driftzones" tune by KenBlocksSohn. Never left first gear.

Is there a point to gifting? I did it a couple times, but yeah it's basically everyone just exchanging **** cars so I just tuned it out (no pun intended).

This was confusing to me too. I gifted those jeeps because I read you got your points refunded, but nothing happened. Figured it was hot patched or something. Still worth it to declutter the garage and get those sweet super spins.

Just now I restarted the game, and when I got back in I got a message that 130 car mastery points were refunded. :lol:

I'd recommend doing the process this weekend because I can't imaging those cheap little Jeeps are gonna have that super spin perk a week from now.

ETA: MiG, the Willy Jeep has a perk you can buy that gives you a super spin, which is basically a 3 in 1. Buy a bunch of jeeps, get the perks on each, roll your superspins, gift the jeeps, refund your points, start over again.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1605 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:00 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

This was confusing to me too. I gifted those jeeps because I read you got your points refunded, but nothing happened. Figured it was hot patched or something. Still worth it to declutter the garage and get those sweet super spins.

Just now I restarted the game, and when I got back in I got a message that 130 car mastery points were refunded. :lol:

I'd recommend doing the process this weekend because I can't imaging those cheap little Jeeps are gonna have that super spin perk a week from now.

ETA: MiG, the Willy Jeep has a perk you can buy that gives you a super spin, which is basically a 3 in 1. Buy a bunch of jeeps, get the perks on each, roll your superspins, gift the jeeps, refund your points, start over again.

Ooooh, I get it now. I had no idea - good lookin' out!
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#1606 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:09 am

Also, a heads up: I've only gotten my refund on my first restart of the game. Reading around, seems like a thing and I don't know if I'll get refunds for my other gifts. So if you're gonna gift jeeps, do a **** ton before you first restart. Like, over a thousand mastery points.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#1607 » by TroyD92 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:52 am

I picked up Gujian 3 on sale on steam and highly recommend it.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#1608 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:36 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I know I'm like a month late from release, but...

Metroid Dread is okay, probably good. Definitely not great IMO. The environment/atmosphere is quite dull compared to recent indie competition, the zones don't feel like they have secrets - just doors you can't open for various reasons - and the controls are frankly quite bad. Jumping feels terrible, especially trying to wall jump or grab ledges. And reloads after dying are way, way too slow.

The boss fights have been quite good. Just got the phantom cloak, and that boss in particular was pretty great. The EMMIs have been interesting...just, again, wish reloads were faster.

It's fine, and I'll stick it out knowing how short it is (I think I'm about 1/3 done in one short night), but I cant believe anyone would think this is top of the genre if they've played Ori 1 or 2, Hollow Knight, and the like.

I'm liking Dread a bit more the more I play it. It's also a little longer than I thought it was trending at first - was thinking it might be linearly based on killing the EMMIs, and it appears it is not. The boss battles have really been a lot of fun - easily my favorite part. Challenging (to me, at least) and a small puzzle for each phase without being overwhelming.

With it not being accurate to judge based on EMMIs killed, I'm not sure where I am now. Just got the Diffuse Beam.

I think that’s still pretty early on. Had a large break in playing but got maybe an hour in today. I don’t think it beats Hollow Knight or Ori in art atmosphere at all, but there’s something very “video game” about it that really grabs me. That feeling of playing games on a Super Nintendo in a friend’s dingy 90s basement.

Maybe I’ll finish that this weekend before I hit up the new Deep Rock Galactic update that’s pretty fantastic. Still the best co-op FPS game around.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1609 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:02 pm

This actually looks surprisingly cool, but I'm guessing it's less than it looks considering the source and how they've milked the living daylights out of the same game for said 10 years.

Sauce Boss wrote:I think that’s still pretty early on. Had a large break in playing but got maybe an hour in today. I don’t think it beats Hollow Knight or Ori in art atmosphere at all, but there’s something very “video game” about it that really grabs me. That feeling of playing games on a Super Nintendo in a friend’s dingy 90s basement.

Maybe I’ll finish that this weekend before I hit up the new Deep Rock Galactic update that’s pretty fantastic. Still the best co-op FPS game around.

Yeah, it was relatively early. I've since looked at a guide just to get a sense of where I'm at - which is now 3-4 hours later. I think I'm within finishing distance, so like you might be finishing it this weekend.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#1610 » by jschligs » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:16 pm

Downloading FH5, disappointed that my 600Mbps internet downloads at 80Mpbs over wifi... 101.7GB game is going to take 5 hours.

Also, disappointed that GTA Trilogy on Switch is so terrible, would've been a fun collection to play on the go.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#1611 » by ReginaldDwight » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:27 pm

jschligs wrote:Downloading FH5, disappointed that my 600Mbps internet downloads at 80Mpbs over wifi... 101.7GB game is going to take 5 hours.

Also, disappointed that GTA Trilogy on Switch is so terrible, would've been a fun collection to play on the go.

A long ass cat5 cable is super cheap worth getting just for downloading big files bro.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1612 » by jschligs » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:12 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:
jschligs wrote:Downloading FH5, disappointed that my 600Mbps internet downloads at 80Mpbs over wifi... 101.7GB game is going to take 5 hours.

A long ass cat5 cable is super cheap worth getting just for downloading big files bro.

I actually only need about a 20 ft one. I just have to find it in my boxes. Sounds like it's mostly due to traffic as a ton of people are trying to download now.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1613 » by Sauce Boss » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:01 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:I think that’s still pretty early on. Had a large break in playing but got maybe an hour in today. I don’t think it beats Hollow Knight or Ori in art atmosphere at all, but there’s something very “video game” about it that really grabs me. That feeling of playing games on a Super Nintendo in a friend’s dingy 90s basement.

Yeah, it was relatively early. I've since looked at a guide just to get a sense of where I'm at - which is now 3-4 hours later. I think I'm within finishing distance, so like you might be finishing it this weekend.

Spent most of the day playing Metroid Dread and wrapped things up. I might go back to 100% items, but I’m feeling a bit content now that I’ve hit credits. It was overall quite enjoyable, the final boss took me a bit too.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1614 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:10 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Spent most of the day playing Metroid Dread and wrapped things up. I might go back to 100% items, but I’m feeling a bit content now that I’ve hit credits. It was overall quite enjoyable, the final boss took me a bit too.

Just got the screw attack, so I'm closing in. Mercifully. The middle-portion of this game was the best, IMO. The beginning was entirely lackluster; by this point, I have way too many abilities with too few buttons. I'm getting tired of hitting the wrong combo for something super important.

I think I'd give it an 8/10 right now, maybe 8.5. We'll see where I'm at tomorrow night :D
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1615 » by jschligs » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Oh snap! And my Elite controller arrives tomorrow!
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,953

Post#1616 » by Siefer » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:59 pm

Playing through Alan Wake remastered. The vibes and style are still fantastic, but the gameplay (which was mediocre at the time) has aged like milk. Not having a great time with the wonky camera and clunky movement.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1617 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:16 am

So this looks fantastic.

Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1618 » by Sauce Boss » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:44 am

jschligs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Downloading this to check it out.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#1619 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:40 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
jschligs wrote:
Read on Twitter

Downloading this to check it out.

I played about two hours worth, game is fun atleast, but needs some more playlists and theres almost too many weapons.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#1620 » by jschligs » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:04 am

Halo Infinite is fun, but yea, lacking in options right now. Getting a big group to play tonight and I'm pumped, will be really fun with friends.

Just purchased the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller 2. Wow, this thing is nice. Have to get used to the paddles on the underside though.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks