ImageImageImageImage

Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Re: Cole World: Orlando Magic Select Cole Anthony at #15 

Post#1421 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:27 am

Rainwater wrote:Kinda shocked people think Cole Anthony is a starting level PG in this league. He is stat padding on a bad team, he is 6th man at best.

I like to think how much greater he would be on a good team!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#1422 » by drsd » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:41 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Kinda shocked people think Cole Anthony is a starting level PG in this league. He is stat padding on a bad team, he is 6th man at best.

And-1. Anthony's upside is to be the next Curry ..... ,

Spoiler:
.... Seth Curry that is.

BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#1423 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:52 pm

drsd wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Spoiler:
.... Seth Curry that is.

Magic don't deserve stars. They bash em until they leave and star for other teams.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,203

Post#1424 » by thelead » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:06 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
drsd wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Spoiler:
.... Seth Curry that is.

Magic don't deserve stars. They bash em until they leave and star for other teams.

Yup... Harkless, Vuc, Tobias, AG, Evan, Dipo, Mario, and Elf are lighting up the world on their other teams...
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#1425 » by RookieStar » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:45 am

drsd wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Spoiler:
.... Seth Curry that is.

If we are talking about the Seth Curry that is showing ouy in PHI right now then that is great valur for the 15th pick
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#1426 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:18 am

This is such a terrible team, I'm not understanding the hate Cole is getting. He is putting up numbers, would you rather he not put up numbers? He has shown he is worth exploring going forward as to what he can be, again we are a terrible team, or used as a package for a trade for a disgruntled star.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#1427 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:54 am

Yeah, the Cole criticisms is odd here at times... this is a year where most are expecting to lose, but people is complaining he's not making winning basketball plays when this is marked up to be a rebuilding year. Cole's 2nd year and he's allowed to learn. It's only this forum, everywhere else, the Cole reception is great. I am still starting Cole with Fultz gets back and gets his legs under him.
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
thelead
RealGM

Post#1428 » by thelead » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:06 am

It's almost as if we drafted another PG with the 5th pick and would rather he get the pg reps...

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1429 » by RookieStar » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:38 am

Does anyone here actually hate Cole? I mean... I want Cole to be good. But I dont see him as a starter for us. Thats not a bad thing and doesnt mean I hate Cole.

One of the best and craftiest player I ever saw was, for the majority of his career, a 6th man. Im talking about the 3rd head spurs dynasty member, Manu. If Cole can even come close to Manu's career that's already a homerun for us and a worthwhile achievement for him.

So yeah... wanting Cole to be lights out but at the same time be 6th man does not mean hating Cole.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1430 » by RookieStar » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:41 am

I mean, its stupid. Are we gonna hate Franz next year if he improves in all facets of gis game because we just drafted Chet? Or how about hating on WCJ even if he averages 18 and 10 next year because we just drafted Duren? Or lets hate om JI even if he goes back his all-world defense with improve offense because we just drafted Banchero?
drsd
RealGM

Post#1431 » by drsd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:54 am

RookieStar wrote:If we are talking about the Seth Curry that is showing ouy in PHI right now then that is great valur for the 15th pick

And-1

Anthony is a value pick and clearly belongs in the NBA. Long term I can see him taking Ross' role and being instant offense from the bench.

drsd
RealGM

Post#1432 » by drsd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:12 am

thelead wrote:Yup... Harkless, Vuc, Tobias, AG, Evan, Dipo, Mario, and Elf are lighting up the world on their other teams...

And less us forget Magic draft picks: Andrew Nicholson, Stephen Zimmerman, Anžejs Pasečņiks, Ivan Rabb, Melvin Frazier, and Jarred Vanderbilt.

Also this is a team that drafted Dario Šarić and Domantas Sabonis never to see them play.

Heck, even Jake Layman has played well for the not-Magic after being draft in blue.

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#1433 » by basketballRob » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:57 am

No one hates Cole, but Suggs' best position is PG also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#1434 » by pepe1991 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 am

RookieStar wrote:I mean, its stupid. Are we gonna hate Franz next year if he improves in all facets of gis game because we just drafted Chet? Or how about hating on WCJ even if he averages 18 and 10 next year because we just drafted Duren? Or lets hate om JI even if he goes back his all-world defense with improve offense because we just drafted Banchero?

I don't think people "hate on Cole".

Most arguments are that we fabricated Cole into "great scorer " because we gave him 25% usage rate, +15 shots a night, and allowing him to play garbage time of lost games and he is just filling stat sheet.
Take for example last night, we are down by 15, with 1min and 34 sec to play. in next 94 seconds Cole scores 4 points and takes 4 shots. Game is over, but it allows him to go from 25 to 29 points.

vs Wizards, 4th quater was glorified garbage time. We are down by 25 with 11 min to play. And again, in completley uncompetitive game, Cole Anthony plays almost whole 4th quater to padd his numbers from 12 to 22.

vs Nets, same story. 4th quater, 8 min to play, we are down by 25. No hope for game to turn around. Cole is back to score 2 out of 4 FGA in garbage time. You look who was out there with him on the floor, some gu named Day'Ron Sharpe. Magic starter is padding stats against Nets executives and suit-boys.

People are not blind, it's not hard to see that we are so desparate into fabricating him into "star " for whatever reason. it's like this organisation is desparate for new Steve Francis because they don't seem to be capable of finding next Howard, Shaq or Penny.
Cole Anthony isn't terrible player, but he also isn't 20 ppg a guy on even remotely competitive team. What we do right now is letting him be Malik Beasley on Wolves. Just randomlly jack up 16 shots, average near 20 points a game, throw huge exstension on him, diminish his role as soon as team gets better, than be shocked that his actual "role vs worth" makes him waste of money.

Cole doesn't make anybody around him better and his only role in future, on good nba team is spark plug off bench that goes in for change of pace. There is nothing about Cole different from Jordan Clarkson or Sexston or Lou Williams for that matter. Those guys all have long careers but never make any team actually any better with them , nor much worst without them. In order for them to shine they need to be centerpeace of offense. But because they are high volumen scoreers, not high efficiency scorers and because they all suck on defense, they really aren't worth big money they make.
Lou Williams is best example of it. Guy would randomlly average 20 ppg in regular season and his playoff numbers are: 11,4 ppg, 40% FG, 27,6% for 3 , 50% TS. Why? Because when teams tight up their defense there is no place for 6'0 thiny guard who's only strenght is take bad shots and bait fouls and who is also selfish when it comes to passing ball away from bad looks. Once you start feed into notion Cole = good value, you are baiting yourself into bad Cole's contract and creation of new Steve Francis.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1435 » by RookieStar » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:32 am

That's the thing though.. we don't know. CA right now is in his 2nd year. Heck, its not even 1/4 of his 2nd year and we can judge him what he will be in the future?

This is a development year. As much as developing rookie Suggs and Franz its also developing and seeing our 3 sophomores and what they can be in the future.

We know the selfish chuckets in Clarkson and Lou because we saw them after many years in the league and knew thats their peak. I myself dunno what CA's peak is. Can he develop something better in passing, playmaking and defense? We wont really know RIGHT NOW will we?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#1436 » by Skybox » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:37 pm

If ATL hadn't gone all-in and bought a bunch of overpriced vets to accelerate ATL's rise, the same people would be ragging on Trae as an undersized, selfish, empty stats, chucker...which would be stupid. Cole's a good player-he's not Trae Young level, but we should be figuring out how to use him most effectively, not criticize him for doing what's needed with this nursery school clown car of a team. I'm pulling for Fultz/Suggs starting backcourt, but the whining here about Cole's SUCCESS (yes that's what it is) is sickening.

I love Franz. Great pick at 8. Solid starting quality piece for years. Pleasant surprise. Every team could use one...but without a leading man, 5 Franz's would lose by 40 every night.

Kudos for ATL for drafting well and for their FO for having the balls to actually try to win within a few years rather than "build organically"...(aka lose forever).
thelead
RealGM

Post#1437 » by thelead » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:32 pm

Skybox wrote:If ATL hadn't gone all-in and bought a bunch of overpriced vets to accelerate ATL's rise, the same people would be ragging on Trae as an undersized, selfish, empty stats, chucker...which would be stupid. Cole's a good player-he's not Trae Young level, but we should be figuring out how to use him most effectively, not criticize him for doing what's needed with this nursery school clown car of a team. I'm pulling for Fultz/Suggs starting backcourt, but the whining here about Cole's SUCCESS (yes that's what it is) is sickening.

I love Franz. Great pick at 8. Solid starting quality piece for years. Pleasant surprise. Every team could use one...but without a leading man, 5 Franz's would lose by 40 every night.

Kudos for ATL for drafting well and for their FO for having the balls to actually try to win within a few years rather than "build organically"...(aka lose forever).

Who is whining about his ‘success’? We were praising his first half when he was actually playing like a point guard last night… then he reverted to hero ball and forgot how to pass… and then ATL pulled away.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1438 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:08 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
drsd wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Spoiler:
.... Seth Curry that is.

The organization screwed up with Shaq. I’ll give you that.

The fans treated Shaq, Penny, T-Mac and Dwight pretty damn well.

So who are these “stars” we bashed who went on to star for other teams?
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1439 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:27 pm

Skybox wrote:If ATL hadn't gone all-in and bought a bunch of overpriced vets to accelerate ATL's rise, the same people would be ragging on Trae as an undersized, selfish, empty stats, chucker...which would be stupid. Cole's a good player-he's not Trae Young level, but we should be figuring out how to use him most effectively, not criticize him for doing what's needed with this nursery school clown car of a team. I'm pulling for Fultz/Suggs starting backcourt, but the whining here about Cole's SUCCESS (yes that's what it is) is sickening.

I for one am criticizing his fans who are declaring him a super star today and chanting MVP while refusing to recognize what Cole is and where his true value is for this team.

Cole is not who have a problem with, he’s just going out and playing ball. It’s his fan club.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#1440 » by Skybox » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:36 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:

I for one am criticizing his fans who are declaring him a super star today and chanting MVP while refusing to recognize what Cole is and where his true value is for this team.

Cole is not who have a problem with, he’s just going out and playing ball. It’s his fan club.

do you really think anybody is considering him the savior or future leader of this team? He's doing great in an absence of leaders. He might be a bigger piece than we all imagined but nobody's calling him MVP and meaning it...All good.

Return to Orlando Magic