ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Nwora in protocols

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#401 » by Garbs_7 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:50 am

People keep mentioning signing Baynes but the reason he isn't on a team at the moment is because he had a serious neck injury for the Boomers at the Olympics, and is out for the year. He isn't an option.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,917

Post#402 » by RiotPunch » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:06 pm

Oturu isn't near ready (may never be). Cheick has proven to be useful, would much prefer him.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,578

Post#403 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:51 pm

drone3 wrote:I'm ready for Cheick Diallo. He's undersized and doesn't create much space for Gianiss, but he's high energy rim runner / protector, rebounder with extra Jrue chemistry from NOLA days.

He's in Europe or wherever just waiting for this opportunity.

He's in the G League, the Herd just faced him. He was no better than the Herds Weyen Gabriel.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,382

Post#404 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:42 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
drone3 wrote:I'm ready for Cheick Diallo. He's undersized and doesn't create much space for Gianiss, but he's high energy rim runner / protector, rebounder with extra Jrue chemistry from NOLA days.

He's in Europe or wherever just waiting for this opportunity.

He's in the G League, the Herd just faced him. He was no better than the Herds Weyen Gabriel.
You know what they say, "the Weyen is the way out."

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,619

Post#405 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:02 pm

Even if he stands up for what is right (unlike other high profile NBA players), Kanter's issues have always gone beyond his outspoken political comments. He's just kind of an ****.

Oh, and he's still on the Giannis **** list, so yeah, screw him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812901-enes-kanter-rips-golden-child-giannis-antetokounmpo-calls-him-childish
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,958

Post#406 » by sidney lanier » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Even if he stands up for what is right (unlike other high profile NBA players), Kanter's issues have always gone beyond his outspoken political comments. He's just kind of an ****.

Oh, and he's still on the Giannis **** list, so yeah, screw him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812901-enes-kanter-rips-golden-child-giannis-antetokounmpo-calls-him-childish

Forgot about that dust-up. Still like a big with a little of that Zaza saltiness. Right now we not dogs.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#407 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:39 pm

Looking at this year and next, I'm wondering what it would take for the Mavs to deal Maxi Kleber. He'd be a seamless fit in Bud's system and his salary isn't as tough to match as some of the other names. With Porzingis playing well and Powell giving them adequate minutes, they might have a logjam in their frontcourt when he comes back from injury.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#408 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#409 » by SirChurros » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Luis Scola or bust.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,666

Post#410 » by machu46 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:56 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Looking at this year and next, I'm wondering what it would take for the Mavs to deal Maxi Kleber. He'd be a seamless fit in Bud's system and his salary isn't as tough to match as some of the other names. With Porzingis playing well and Powell giving them adequate minutes, they might have a logjam in their frontcourt when he comes back from injury.

If we're talking about frontcourt logjams, another potential team is the Wizards. Maybe they just love their depth and want to use that to their advantage all year, but once Thomas Bryant comes back, they have Gafford, Harrell, and Bryant who all deserve C minutes.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,717

Post#411 » by emunney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:35 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Classic Respert assist
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chad34
RealGM
And1: 5,215

Post#412 » by Chad34 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:55 pm

what's your view on the chemistry between Giannis, and Jrue on the court, and off? Are they a good fit together? I know they had a couple outstanding plays in the playoffs, but overall I'm question the long term fit.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,893

Post#413 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:04 pm

Chad34 wrote:what's your view on the chemistry between Giannis, and Jrue on the court, and off? Are they a good fit together? I know they had a couple outstanding plays in the playoffs, but overall I'm question the long term fit.

Lol wut? Where do people come up with this ****.
Chad34
RealGM

Post#414 » by Chad34 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:07 pm

jschligs wrote:
Chad34 wrote:what's your view on the chemistry between Giannis, and Jrue on the court, and off? Are they a good fit together? I know they had a couple outstanding plays in the playoffs, but overall I'm question the long term fit.

I'm asking for others viewpoints. If you believe Jrue is a good/great fit, please let me know why. You may have some enlightenment that us doubters lack :D
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#415 » by DingleJerry » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:10 pm

Yea if you rewind to before they somehow put it together to win it all there was plenty of talk on how they're not the ideal fit on O due to Jrue not being a great shooter, not great PnR CP3 style passer to feed Giannis and if we still need a shooter upgrade(think all the dame talk). It's not like their O to finish the playoffs was necessarily thriving either either. ON D though they're a great fit for each other so it's matter of does one outweigh the other combined with what can really be had that improves the O enough to balance the D loss and that's unlikely.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Chad34
RealGM

Post#416 » by Chad34 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:11 pm

Chad34 wrote:
jschligs wrote:

I'm asking for others viewpoints. If you believe Jrue is a good/great fit, please let me know why. You may have some enlightenment that us doubters lack :D

We know Jrue when on the top of his game is a great defender. Imo he's not a great shooter, or passer, and sometimes I question his mindset. He gives me a lackadaisical , don't care vibe like bled a lot of times. Also he and Giannis don't seem to be on the same page often.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#417 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:18 pm

I think you can question whether a PG like Jrue is the ideal fit with Giannis (I still don't think he is) while not going off the deep end thinking they don't have good on-court chemistry. Like, did we watch a different postseason?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,717

Post#418 » by emunney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:25 pm

Jrue is an ideal fit defensively (with anybody, really), and a not ideal fit offensively because he's not a deadly shooter. I did crack a big smile at "a couple outstanding plays".
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,786

Post#419 » by tydett » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:28 pm

emunney wrote:Jrue is an ideal fit defensively (with anybody, really), and a not ideal fit offensively because he's not a deadly shooter. I did crack a big smile at "a couple outstanding plays".

Really, when people think of the Bucks' championship, I'm sure the last thing that will come to their minds will be Jrue ripping the ball away from Booker before driving down court and making an oop pass to Giannis to seal the game in the decisive game 5. Just run of the mill ****.
Chad34
RealGM

Post#420 » by Chad34 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:38 pm

tydett wrote:
emunney wrote:Jrue is an ideal fit defensively (with anybody, really), and a not ideal fit offensively because he's not a deadly shooter. I did crack a big smile at "a couple outstanding plays".

Really, when people think of the Bucks' championship, I'm sure the last thing that will come to their minds will be Jrue ripping the ball away from Booker before driving down court and making an oop pass to Giannis to seal the game in the decisive game 5. Just run of the mill ****.

good point, we definitely don't win the championship last year without him. I just hate how restricted we seem to be improving the roster going forward. I'm not saying getting rid of Jrue is the answer, but just wondering what can be done and if what he does can be replaced while improving the roster.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks