Re: Giannis - 2X MVP - FMVP - DPOY - Now Brewers owner 

Post#741 » by emunney » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:37 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

God he's just the best.

Um, is he driving with no hands on the wheel with a baby in backseat? So he can dance to Harry Styles? Can't tell for sure, but I thought I saw movement in the baby seat.

He's in the passenger seat

The window is on his right

But he's got a steering wheel?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#742 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:44 pm

emunney wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

In fairness to anyone who didn't see the steering wheel, the video goes on for a long time before he even touches it, so it's easy to miss...
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#743 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:47 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
Um, is he driving with no hands on the wheel with a baby in backseat? So he can dance to Harry Styles? Can't tell for sure, but I thought I saw movement in the baby seat.

I did see that but some phones aren't reversing negatives out of the box these days. It took me 3 weeks to realize my new Samsung had everything backwards last summer.

ETA: You can clearly see him turn the steering wheel.

ETA2: It occurs in selfie mode only, and he has to go to his settings to change it.

Ahh, eeeesh, now I see it.

That's not ideal

Reading the Giannis book, it seems like Giannis has been an awful driver for awhile now

Henson told a story about how he's a maniac
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#744 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:56 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

I did see that but some phones aren't reversing negatives out of the box these days. It took me 3 weeks to realize my new Samsung had everything backwards last summer.

ETA: You can clearly see him turn the steering wheel.

ETA2: It occurs in selfie mode only, and he has to go to his settings to change it.

Ahh, eeeesh, now I see it.

That's not ideal

Reading the Giannis book, it seems like Giannis has been an awful driver for awhile now

Henson told a story about how he's a maniac

Yeah, I wont judge too much cause I've definitely tested or done stupid stuff driving even with a kid but this is where a friend goes 1. Don't do stupid **** like this, I will drive you around and you can snap in the back. 2. Definitely post you doing stupid stuff
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#745 » by machu46 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:21 pm

emunney wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

Who among us wouldn't want a fake steering wheel and pedals to play with when they're rich?
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,254

Post#746 » by Finn » Thu Nov 4, 2021 7:47 pm

Self-driving tech in his ride?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,130

Post#747 » by HKPackFan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:00 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nba/2021/11/9/22772118/giannis-antetokounmpo-assists-passing-improvement

Cool article on Giannis passing.

His bounce passes this year I've noticed are much smoother than ever.

I remember the days I spent an hour daily hunting around for articles about this fascinating player, and wondering if the rest of the league was paying attention to the magic he was bringing to the hardwood every night.

I would root for triple doubles hoping that would make him newsworthy enough to be written about.

Man that feels so long ago.
#FreeChuckDiesel
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#748 » by CharityStripe34 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:03 am

His passing these past two seasons (especially this season) have definitely taken a step up. He generates a bazillion open looks for everyone just by him rolling of a screen.

That three he got for Allen in the Philly game he was purposely setting up the defender to bite on the drive. I don't think Gianni gets credit for his on-court intelligence. He was visibly calling out defensive assignments tonight, and motioning for shooters to get in certain spots based on how the Knicks were collapsing and helping every time he touched the ball.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,688

Post#749 » by Wonka » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:31 pm

'One challenge was to bring a championship here and we did,' he told me. 'It was very hard, but we did. Very, very hard. I just love challenges. What’s the next challenge? The next challenge might not be here.' It’s not that he doesn’t love Milwaukee, he said. But he was always wary of things becoming too easy. 'Me and my family chose to stay in this city that we all love and has taken care of us—for now,' Giannis said. 'In two years, that might change. I’m being totally honest with you. I’m always honest. I love this city. I love this community. I want to help as much as possible.'

Giannis in on the cover of GQ and this is from the story. Some troubling ideas assuredly. I’m sure ESPN will be nuanced about this for the next two years.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,236

Post#750 » by Matches Malone » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:42 pm

What a weird thing to say after signing a 5 year deal and winning the championship lol. I always just assumed he would continue building his legacy like a Kobe or Duncan.

Edit: Found rest of the quote.

Read on Twitter

Regardless, media is going to have a field day... AGAIN!

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#751 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Matches Malone wrote:What a weird thing to say after signing a 5 year deal and winning the championship lol. I always just assumed he would continue building his legacy like a Kobe or Duncan.

Edit: Found rest of the quote.

Read on Twitter

Regardless, media is going to have a field day... AGAIN!

Read on Twitter

That's not really the rest of the quote. The first quote was from Giannis; this one is from his agent.

This is, unquestionably, uncomfortable at the least. We won a championship 4 months ago. Im not going to freak out about it for exactly that reason, but it's just really weird. And it gives ammo to the media like you said.

Giannis is really special, and is a pretty unique persona in modern sports in the best way possible. But with this, clearly he's not totally immune to modern sports.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#752 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:00 pm

I don’t like this. Not one bit.

Also, I don’t buy Giannis not caring about being the face of the league. I believe he said what he thinks people want to hear, but you don’t get to that level of greatness without ego.
Do it for Chuck
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#753 » by Matches Malone » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:11 pm

It just doesn't make sense. He buys Brewer ownership stake, he signs long term, he's got a talented team locked up. Why even unearth those thoughts to a publication like GQ?

I'm starting to think Giannis has two personalities and one of them he doesn't like to show us lol.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#754 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Guys, don't do this to yourselves. He's said stuff along the lines of "I have no idea what my future holds" for years now.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#755 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:16 pm

I'm not gonna give this a second of my thoughts until he actually indicates he wants out.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#756 » by greekbuck34 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:24 pm

Giannis has a framed James Harden and Blake Griffin jersey guys. It's hard to understand him. He definitely hates Milwaukee's winters though. :D

It's probably another bad translation, or bad english from him or a misquote.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#757 » by Matches Malone » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:25 pm

True. We probably shouldn't get too worked up about it. I guess it's nicer to imagine him thinking he's home for good as opposed to keeping his options open. Makes total sense, I just wish he didn't have to say it out loud lmao.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#758 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:34 pm

He's about the surest thing there is in modern sports when it comes to loyal guys who'll play for one franchise their entire career, but if you're not comfortable with even the greatest Hall of Famers eventually leaving in their twilight years to play in another city, then pro sports probably isn't for you. Jordan didn't, Brady didn't, Montana didn't, Favre didn't, Rodgers (probably) won't either.
Matches Malone
RealGM

Post#759 » by Matches Malone » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:44 pm

There is a difference between leaving in their twilight vs in their prime if he's saying two-years as a hypothetical in the quotes.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,833

Post#760 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:52 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Giannis is really special, and is a pretty unique persona in modern sports in the best way possible. But with this, clearly he's not totally immune to modern sports.

As a fan, yeah i want him here forever. But as a person, is it some kind of flaw to not want to live in Milwaukee when he was randomly put here through a draft? Guy has spent almost a decade here. I was born here and debate every year if I should move somewhere else.

I've heard a lot of things about how he wasn't planning on staying in MKE long-term. You can say it was disproven when he signed the max contract, but I don't think it is that simple. Heard 2 years ago that he was more likely to leave if we won a championship because in his mind that is what he owed the city. What else can he do besides be indebted forever? I think there was a real possibility he was thinking of becoming a FA and it was an extremely tough decision. Who knows if he stays or go. I only care about how he handles it. Otherwise, I'm enjoying the ride.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks