ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj BOMB: Patty Mills signs 2 year, $12mil deal with Nets (2nd year PO)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

kcbworth
Freshman
And1: 48

Re: Woj BOMB: Patty Mills signs 2 year, $12mil deal with Nets (2nd year PO) 

Post#21 » by kcbworth » Sun Aug 8, 2021 5:11 am

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#22 » by Prokorov » Sun Aug 8, 2021 5:12 pm

Mills is going to FEAST this year.

Will get a nice mix of starts and 6th man time.... and for the first time next to kahwi play with stars where he cant be focused on. and ave shooters surrounding him. can not wait for this dude.

HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,504

Post#23 » by HardenGoat » Sun Aug 8, 2021 5:36 pm

The guy led his team to a bronze against a team led by Luka Doncic. Massively underrated player. We have so much invested in our 2 guards that having him as an insurance policy is just part of it. The other part is he is is going to thrive in certain lineups as a marksman. So glad we took this guy away from our competition because he would make any team better, especially the Lakers that desperately need a playmaking shooter. He was groomed by the best coach in the league for many years and now he’s ours!! Let’s GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :rock:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#24 » by Prokorov » Sun Aug 8, 2021 5:54 pm

HardenGoat wrote:The guy led his team to a bronze against a team led by Luka Doncic. Massively underrated player. We have so much invested in our 2 guards that having him as an insurance policy is just part of it. The other part is he is is going to thrive in certain lineups as a marksman. So glad we took this guy away from our competition because he would make any team better, especially the Lakers that desperately need a playmaking shooter. He was groomed by the best coach in the league for many years and now he’s ours!! Let’s GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :rock:

learning he was such an elite catch and shoot guy really changed my outlook. he is both a dinwiddie and shamet replacement at the same time
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#25 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Read on Twitter

It's official. We've got our Super 6th man
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#26 » by Prokorov » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's official. We've got our Super 6th man

also kind of confirms what i said above. we are done adding for now unless at least one of perry/alize are cut or traded
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#27 » by HardenGoat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#28 » by Prokorov » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Any idea when press conference will be for mills/james/bembry/carteR?
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#29 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:29 pm

HardenGoat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mills and Irving have a lot in common. Both born in Australia, very active in their respective indigenous backgrounds and they are humanitarians.

Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#30 » by Lamak » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:10 pm

patty mills is going to be a key in our championship run as a shooter and playmaker
Brooklyn Nets
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,666

Post#31 » by G R E Y » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:48 pm

Thought Nets fans may like this insightful article about Patty. Take good care of our Bala!

https://www.si.com/nba/2015/03/25/patty-mills-australia-san-antonio-spurs-bala-gregg-popovich
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#32 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:47 am

GREY 1769 wrote:Thought Nets fans may like this insightful article about Patty. Take good care of our Bala!

https://www.si.com/nba/2015/03/25/patty-mills-australia-san-antonio-spurs-bala-gregg-popovich

Ah I had wondered why you Spurs folks called him Bala. Now I know, and I love it.

Thanks for posting this. It was a good long read, very insightful, sometimes infuriating, and eye opening since I don't know as much about Indigenous Australian brothers and sisters that I should.

I'll say this much. I would be shocked if Patty and Kyrie don't become close during this experience.

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,666

Post#33 » by G R E Y » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:01 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:Thought Nets fans may like this insightful article about Patty. Take good care of our Bala!

Ah I had wondered why you Spurs folks called him Bala. Now I know, and I love it.

Thanks for posting this. It was a good long read, very insightful, sometimes infuriating, and eye opening since I don't know as much about Indigenous Australian brothers and sisters that I should.

I'll say this much. I would be shocked if Patty and Kyrie don't become close during this experience.

Thanks for taking the time. Worth the read. Patty's a connector. There's a ton he could be resentful about, but choosing to always go the path of integrity by example is one of the special things about him.

Well now you've done it and I have to open the flood gates. Permit me the necessary indulgence of posting some cool videos about Patty and his background:

Here's a very hard but honest look at the impact of racism on him in case he comes across as the type that doesn't see it. He does. He chooses his responses based on what honours his ancestors but it does take it's toll:

And how he usually handles racist comments directed his way:

Going forward with his platform:

Spurs have this 'Spurs Stories' video series that takes a more in-depth look at each team member. Here's Patty's:

"Long after his basketball career is over, Patty Mills will be remembered as one of the greatest leaders in Australian history... This is why. "

"Spurs Guard Patty Mills Is Determined to Enact Change"

So in addition to his on-court benefits, off the court he's invaluable, and so much of it comes from him exploring his roots.

Kyrie strikes me as a seeker, well intended, but sometimes the message gets muddled. Patty's more focused and stripped down with talking about exploring his roots, and I hope you're right that they can connect via this entry point. And if not this one, then there are many others as they're both open that way.

There were some good vibes between Patty and Kevin at the Olympics medal ceremonies, and the familiarity with the former Spurs in your FO helped bridge the decision. It wasn't an easy one, but was facilitated by a heart-to-heart with Pop at the Olympics.

All of which is to show the kind of genuine guy Patty is. A Bala. You'll see as the season progresses through the tougher times and through the highest stakes. I hope you reach them for his sake and also for KD's because of the Olympics commitment he made, the results he was integral in bringing, and all that it meant to everyone on the team, from the coach down to the players to the trainers - all who remained committed through the rough stretches to the highest heights.

Finally, here's Patty's foundation:
https://www.teammillsfoundation.org/

https://www.instagram.com/TeamMillsFdn/

From the positive responses in this thread, it sounds as if Bala Patty is in good hands. I'll say this: I'm glad he chose your team. Makes it a lot easier to root for both Patty and the Nets. Best of luck.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#34 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:16 pm

GREY 1769 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Thanks for taking the time. Worth the read. Patty's a connector. There's a ton he could be resentful about, but in choosing to always go the path of integrity by example is one of the special things about him.

Well now you've done it and I have to open the flood gates. Permit me the necessary indulgence of posting some cool videos about Patty and his background:

Here's a very hard but honest look at the impact of racism on him in case he comes across as the type that doesn't see it. He does. He chooses his responses based on what honours his ancestors but it does take it's toll:

And how he usually handles racist comments directed his way:

Going forward with his platform:

Spurs have this 'Spurs Stories' video series that takes a more in-depth look at each team member. Here's Patty's:

"Long after his basketball career is over, Patty Mills will be remembered as one of the greatest leaders in Australian history... This is why. "

"Spurs Guard Patty Mills Is Determined to Enact Change"

So in addition to his on-court benefits, off the court he's invaluable, and so much of it comes from him exploring his roots.

Kyrie strikes me as a seeker, well intended, but sometimes the message gets muddled. Patty's more focused and stripped down with talking about exploring his roots, and I hope you're right that they can connect via this entry point. And if not this one, then there are many others as they're both open that way.

There were some good vibes between Patty and Kevin at the Olympics medal ceremonies, and the familiarity with the former Spurs in your FO helped bridge the decision. It wasn't an easy one, but was facilitated by a heart-to-heart with Pop at the Olympics.

All of which is to show the kind of genuine guy Patty is. A Bala. You'll see as the season progresses through the tougher times and through the highest stakes. I hope you reach them for his sake and also for KD's because of the Olympics commitment he made, the results he was integral in bringing, and all that it meant to everyone on the team, from the coach down to the players to the trainers - all who remained committed through the rough stretches to the highest heights.

Finally, here's Patty's foundation:
https://www.teammillsfoundation.org/

https://www.instagram.com/TeamMillsFdn/

From the positive responses in this thread, it sounds as if Bala Patty is in good hands. I'll say this: I'm glad he chose your team. Makes it a lot easier to root for both Patty and the Nets. Best of luck.

Thank you for posting these vids, I'm going to give a listen to them now but Patty sounds like the perfect guy for our team and locker room, and just what I know of him in general before he came here he seems like a down to earth dude, which is much needed when we have 3 big personalities anchoring this team.

And yeah, Kyrie as we have pleasantly learned here over the last two years has a humungous heart as a humanitarian, and does things in silence to the point where when you find out about it, you're like holy sh*t, this guy is a good human being because he's actually putting his money out there in ways to actually help people. It's just sometimes, things don't come across as intended when he uses social media or speaks to the media (or doesn't lol) and sensationalist sports media nowadays love to use him to drive clicks and views.

And yeah, I can't speak for the others but I lost it when I saw that Patty signed with us. I'm really excited for the on court fun to begin but also I'm sure the community in BK will love him as well.

Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#35 » by Claud » Fri Oct 8, 2021 7:12 pm

Even bigger deal now considering everything going on with Kyrie.

Love the deal even more now. Key signing.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#36 » by Prokorov » Fri Oct 8, 2021 7:26 pm

Claud wrote:Even bigger deal now considering everything going on with Kyrie.

Love the deal even more now. Key signing.

One thing that was lost in having the big 3 (who are obviously all super elite scorer/shot creators) was that after the big 3, basically no one could create their own shot. it became obvious/painful when 1-2 of the big three was out of the lineup and we had shamet running point and joe harris trying to be a scorer.

Mills was huge depth there. and Cam thomas gives as an option deeper on the bench too. even on a night when only harden plays, with Mills, Thomas, LMA, milsap, blake we have more guys who can get a shot.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by HardenGoat » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Behind the scenes he is becoming the glue that will get us there. What he brings wont show up in stats.

Return to Brooklyn Nets