ImageImageImage

GT #15 Celtics @ Cavaliers, 15 November 2021, 7:00 PM ET

Moderator: ijspeelman

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Re: GT #15 Celtics @ Cavaliers, 15 November 2021, 7:00 PM ET 

Post#21 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:47 pm

Passive tanking is just the same as active tanking. No matter if you're a Seme or an Uke, that's just Yaoi sex the same.

If you're about to do it just trade Ricky before, please.
He had enough of that no-basketball for a lifetime: he just can't play well for a tank team.

Nobody can.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#22 » by yoyoboy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:50 pm

toooskies wrote:We have some excuses for the next hard part of the schedule we're entering with Brooklyn/GS/Brooklyn/Phoenix/(Orlando)/Dallas/Miami/Washington/Utah/Milwaukee/Chicago. We're going to struggle in that stretch if Mobley and Sexton are out and Love/Markkanen don't come back at 100% from COVID.

Sad that Mobley is likely going to be out against KD.

We could very likely be 10-16 or 11-15 after that stretch of games. Just a brutal schedule and brutal timing for the injuries as well.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,650

Post#23 » by toooskies » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:14 pm

yoyoboy wrote:
toooskies wrote:We have some excuses for the next hard part of the schedule we're entering with Brooklyn/GS/Brooklyn/Phoenix/(Orlando)/Dallas/Miami/Washington/Utah/Milwaukee/Chicago. We're going to struggle in that stretch if Mobley and Sexton are out and Love/Markkanen don't come back at 100% from COVID.

Sad that Mobley is likely going to be out against KD.

We could very likely be 10-16 or 11-15 after that stretch of games. Just a brutal schedule and brutal timing for the injuries as well.

OTOH we should come back strong afterwards, we don't hit another really tough sequence of games until March really.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,128

Post#24 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:56 pm

JonFromVA wrote:Tanking tends to happen whether we want it to or not, but if the Cavs have something good rolling I'd keep it rolling rather than let our young players lapse back in to losing habits. If Ricky does want to be traded, that'll be a major blow. Garland does not look ready to carry this time for an extended time or period.

One thing that's going to trigger me is opposing teams doubling/trapping Garland way beyond the three point line, in order to get the ball out of his hands or force a turnover, and the Cavs not have a set of counters ready to go. I swear watching K. Love routinely get double teamed and then have four guys stand around, for almost the entirety of Kevin's tenure here, gave me a series of mini strokes.

If your teammate is getting double teamed, it's not because the officials are letting your opponent play with six guys. Someone is unguarded. This isn't advanced calculus stuff and it happens too often not to address it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#25 » by yoyoboy » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:08 pm

2-4 weeks. But with the way the Cavs operate, it'll almost certainly be at least 4. That's basically the season down the drain imo. By the time he's back we'll be well under .500.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers