ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Nwora in protocols

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#421 » by LuessiT » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:40 pm

Jrue is a terrifying defender to face if your team is relying on guard play to create offense. That said he 'struggles' with elite quickness guards. To understand how valueable Jrue is in a deep playoff run is to look at the matchups. Last year was a perfect storm vs. the Hawks/Suns but it's not always going to be like that.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,728

Post#422 » by emunney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:51 pm

Chad34 wrote:
tydett wrote:
emunney wrote:Jrue is an ideal fit defensively (with anybody, really), and a not ideal fit offensively because he's not a deadly shooter. I did crack a big smile at "a couple outstanding plays".

Really, when people think of the Bucks' championship, I'm sure the last thing that will come to their minds will be Jrue ripping the ball away from Booker before driving down court and making an oop pass to Giannis to seal the game in the decisive game 5. Just run of the mill ****.

good point, we definitely don't win the championship last year without him. I just hate how restricted we seem to be improving the roster going forward. I'm not saying getting rid of Jrue is the answer, but just wondering what can be done and if what he does can be replaced while improving the roster.

If you're worried about upgrading the roster, just remember that we picked Giannis 15th, we got Khris as a secondary piece in a sign and trade, we got Allen for a couple 2nds, we got Brook for 3m, Bobby for similar, etc. There are always avenues to improve the roster.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#423 » by jschligs » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:02 pm

My main point was questioning their off-court chemistry. Jrue is nothing but class, Giannis likes that no question.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,499

Post#424 » by Milbucks96 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:12 pm

Jrues fit long term with Giannis is definitely questionable with his contract, ability to shoot, past injuries, and age.
The bucks would be better off without his contract on the books and replacing his production and impact wouldn’t be that hard imo.

With that being said we don’t have a ring without him and trading for/extending him were the right moves and you do it every time. And even though he’s very frustrating to watch when he’s off(which is often lately), I’ve never questioned his effort or chemistry with any of his teammates.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#425 » by DingleJerry » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:18 pm

A major trade of him isn't going to happen right now after the title. Just try to remember he's been hurt and the playoffs are 5 months away. But after maybe two more years assuming they don't win again and as he ages they'll like have to trade him eventually and hopefully in that comes more of a modern shooter and lead PnR G. The addition of Allan really helps improve the shooting from last year, so they've addressed the problem but didn't have to move Jrue to do it.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM

Post#426 » by emunney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:39 pm

For mine, I think Jrue's PG play has been taking off and it's probably going to extend his career for a couple years.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#427 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:01 am

DingleJerry wrote:Yea if you rewind to before they somehow put it together to win it all there was plenty of talk on how they're not the ideal fit on O due to Jrue not being a great shooter, not great PnR CP3 style passer to feed Giannis and if we still need a shooter upgrade(think all the dame talk). It's not like their O to finish the playoffs was necessarily thriving either either. ON D though they're a great fit for each other so it's matter of does one outweigh the other combined with what can really be had that improves the O enough to balance the D loss and that's unlikely.

I think they would both benefit from a better shooting pg that moves Jrue to sg.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#428 » by giannis and 1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:04 am

Chad34 wrote:
tydett wrote:
emunney wrote:Jrue is an ideal fit defensively (with anybody, really), and a not ideal fit offensively because he's not a deadly shooter. I did crack a big smile at "a couple outstanding plays".

Really, when people think of the Bucks' championship, I'm sure the last thing that will come to their minds will be Jrue ripping the ball away from Booker before driving down court and making an oop pass to Giannis to seal the game in the decisive game 5. Just run of the mill ****.

good point, we definitely don't win the championship last year without him. I just hate how restricted we seem to be improving the roster going forward. I'm not saying getting rid of Jrue is the answer, but just wondering what can be done and if what he does can be replaced while improving the roster.

I'd be open to trading Jrue or MIddleton down the road, but not right now.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#429 » by ackypoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:51 pm

can we get sekou doumbouya?

either ship him to the herd or give him the last roster spot?
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#430 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:25 pm

ackypoo wrote:can we get sekou doumbouya?

He's injured.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#431 » by LuessiT » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:28 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
ackypoo wrote:can we get sekou doumbouya?

He's injured.

He's only got a minor foot injury. Getting his rights for the Herd wouldn't be too bad imo.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#432 » by LuessiT » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:47 pm

Wierd idea but maybe we could trade for Alperen Sengün to alleviate our big men woes? He's out of the rotation in Houston for now (still very early though) but his skill level and passing fits what we're trying to do and he'd be a high upside piece. Something around Donte or Nwora+.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#433 » by raferfenix » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:58 pm

Am seeing chatter about a Simmons for Holiday swap but if this is the only sourcing it’s just an idea for a ‘ridiculous trade that actually could work’ from Bleacher Report without sourcing:

The Trade: Ben Simmons for Jrue Holiday

Why It Seems Ridiculous: The Milwaukee Bucks just won an NBA title with Holiday as the team's starting point guard. He's still a premier defensive guard at age 31 and viewed as one of the best teammates in the league who's contract isn't up until 2024 (with a player option for 2024-25).

Moving Holiday for Simmons could have a terrible effect on team chemistry and risk upsetting Giannis Antetokounmpo. If nothing's broken, why fix it, right?

Why It Could Actually Work: After the initial shock of a Holiday-Simmons swap, the Bucks could have a higher ceiling and become even more devastating defensively with the 25-year-old, three-time All-Star on board.

Pairing Simmons and Antetokounmpo gives Milwaukee perhaps the two most versatile defenders in the league. Both stand at 6'11" and can guard all five positions on the floor. The Bucks have stumbled to 20th defensively this season, with Holiday (who's six years older than Simmons) missing six games with a sprained ankle. Letting a motivated Simmons set the table for Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton while spreading shooters around (Brook Lopez, Grayson Allen, Donte DiVincenzo, George Hill etc) could make the Bucks even more dangerous than last year.

Holiday would be a breath of fresh air if he returned to Philly, as he's ready to win now and can do anything Doc Rivers asks of him. He's already proved capable of thriving next to All-Star big men (Anthony Davis, Antetokounmpo) and would help bring out the best in Joel Embiid.

—Greg Swartz

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2950394-br-nba-roundtable-5-ridiculous-trades-that-could-actually-work
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#434 » by TroyD92 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:21 pm

Simmons is not that guy
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#435 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:02 pm

raferfenix wrote:Am seeing chatter about a Simmons for Holiday swap but if this is the only sourcing it’s just an idea for a ‘ridiculous trade that actually could work’ from Bleacher Report without sourcing:

The Trade: Ben Simmons for Jrue Holiday

Why It Seems Ridiculous: The Milwaukee Bucks just won an NBA title with Holiday as the team's starting point guard. He's still a premier defensive guard at age 31 and viewed as one of the best teammates in the league who's contract isn't up until 2024 (with a player option for 2024-25).

Moving Holiday for Simmons could have a terrible effect on team chemistry and risk upsetting Giannis Antetokounmpo. If nothing's broken, why fix it, right?

Why It Could Actually Work: After the initial shock of a Holiday-Simmons swap, the Bucks could have a higher ceiling and become even more devastating defensively with the 25-year-old, three-time All-Star on board.

Pairing Simmons and Antetokounmpo gives Milwaukee perhaps the two most versatile defenders in the league. Both stand at 6'11" and can guard all five positions on the floor. The Bucks have stumbled to 20th defensively this season, with Holiday (who's six years older than Simmons) missing six games with a sprained ankle. Letting a motivated Simmons set the table for Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton while spreading shooters around (Brook Lopez, Grayson Allen, Donte DiVincenzo, George Hill etc) could make the Bucks even more dangerous than last year.

Holiday would be a breath of fresh air if he returned to Philly, as he's ready to win now and can do anything Doc Rivers asks of him. He's already proved capable of thriving next to All-Star big men (Anthony Davis, Antetokounmpo) and would help bring out the best in Joel Embiid.

—Greg Swartz

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2950394-br-nba-roundtable-5-ridiculous-trades-that-could-actually-work

Yeah no way it happens and I would be too scared to pull the trigger, but if Horst has the balls and Giannis is game I would jump on board. Yeah Jrue is better now, but assuming (and big risk) Simmons returns to his pre-playoff form his is by far a better value going forward. Jrue in 2 years scares the living **** out of me.
I'm not too worried about Simmons lack of shooting. Just play him in the Tucker offensive roll if teams are sagging too much.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#436 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:14 pm

Ben Simmons is the exact opposite of what you want out of a franchise player

Would never touch the guy, Giannis mentality would destroy him psychologically

If Rockets cave and buyout John Wall though, I'd take a look, I can see him preferring Nets though
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#437 » by LuessiT » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:31 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Ben Simmons is the exact opposite of what you want out of a franchise player

If Rockets cave and buyout John Wall though, I'd take a look, I can see him preferring Nets though

But we don't exactly need a franchise player, do we? Imo Simmons would be a fine reclamation project you trade down the line for a better fitting player (maybe KAT). I don't like the on court fit with Giannis, but Jrue's fit isn't ideal either and in a vacuum Simmons is the much higher ceiling player.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Post#438 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:41 pm

If you want to give Giannis a reason to leave, then trading Jrue for Baby Ben is it. I can't even fathom why people could think they'd ever work well together, both the dreadful on-court fit, and the exact opposite mentality/personalities.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#439 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 pm

LuessiT wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Ben Simmons is the exact opposite of what you want out of a franchise player

But we don't exactly need a franchise player, do we? Imo Simmons would be a fine reclamation project you trade down the line for a better fitting player (maybe KAT). I don't like the on court fit with Giannis, but Jrue's fit isn't ideal either and in a vacuum Simmons is the much higher ceiling player.

Jrue was literally the missing piece for Bucks winning a championship

Not sure how his fit isn't perfect

Simmons career might be over. I wouldn't even want him on a minimum contract.

I have a feeling Dame's time in Portland is on a clock and I'd much rather keep Jrue until something like that pops up
emunney
RealGM

Post#440 » by emunney » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:If you want to give Giannis a reason to leave, then trading Jrue for Baby Ben is it. I can't even fathom why people could think they'd ever work well together, both the dreadful on-court fit, and the exact opposite mentality/personalities.

I highly doubt I'd do it, but I am curious to know what Minny's offered for Ben. Jrue for that package with Ben going to Minnesota? *Might* be worth considering.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks