ImageImageImage

Horford & Schröder

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

nbaguy1
Freshman
And1: 36

Horford & Schröder 

Post#1 » by nbaguy1 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:55 pm

Im a German guy who followed Dennis from his start in ATL till today. I just wanna point out a little fact that might be interesting when watching games. Dennis rookie season was an all out disaster. Al Horford was the only guy who he gelled with, with his playstyle and mentorship character. Horford took him under his wing and they became a great duo for the Budenholzer schemes.

And I think it reflects in the game we see today. Specially for Al Horford, whos been suprising people. But remember he plays with a his PG from the 60 win 3 all stars season. And I think its kinda poetic how Al revived Dennis, and Dennis kinda doing it today.

U might think Im crazy, but start watching them with that mind next few games. U can see they still gell.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,806

Re: Horford & Schröder 

Post#2 » by Parliament10 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:09 pm

nbaguy1 wrote:Im a German guy who followed Dennis from his start in ATL till today. I just wanna point out a little fact that might be interesting when watching games. Dennis rookie season was an all out disaster. Al Horford was the only guy who he gelled with, with his playstyle and mentorship character. Horford took him under his wing and they became a great duo for the Budenholzer schemes.

And I think it reflects in the game we see today. Specially for Al Horford, whos been suprising people. But remember he plays with a his PG from the 60 win 3 all stars season. And I think its kinda poetic how Al revived Dennis, and Dennis kinda doing it today.

U might think Im crazy, but start watching them with that mind next few games. U can see they still gell.

I like that whole idea. Horford revived Schröder, who now helps to return the favor. Nice.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I think that Udoka would be Wise to keep Starting Dennis, and send Marcus back to the Super 6th-Man role.
Smart is better suited for off-the-Bench, and fill-ins (when the inevitable injuries occur).
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#3 » by Hal14 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:15 pm

Yeah you can definitely see some chemistry with the 2 of them, especially on that double PnR play last night at the end where Schroder made a great pass to Al, who then made a really strong finish at the rim. Great execution on that play by both of them - it was awesome.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
nbaguy1
Freshman
And1: 36

Post#4 » by nbaguy1 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:21 pm

I know Im being a bit bromantic, but I think there is some merit for it here and there. I also think Al Horford is just playing a bit harder now that hes playing for a new contract some time soon, since Im also seeing him less shy of contact out there etc.

But then again, I think there is something to it, and I think Udoka should milk that combo more and maybe add some other Bud schemes. I mean u can have 2015 ATL 2.0 with the superior Brown, Tatum and Smart, instead of Korver, Millsapp and Bazemore. In the end, Dennis and Horford where the head of the ATL team back then, with the rest filling in niche roles.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#5 » by chrisab123 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:53 pm

They need to leave both in the lineup once Brown comes back. Schroder is playing too well to be benched. Problem is that Smart is locked in as a starter so who goes to the bench?

Chances are good Smart gets pissed if they try to move him back to the 6th man role.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#6 » by Parliament10 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:12 pm

chrisab123 wrote:They need to leave both in the lineup once Brown comes back. Schroder is playing too well to be benched. Problem is that Smart is locked in as a starter so who goes to the bench?

Chances are good Smart gets pissed if they try to move him back to the 6th man role.

Let me preface this by saying, that Smart is my most favorite active player. That said.
Screw Marcus Smart!

Carry your non-Starting PG Ass, back to the 6th-Man/Bench role.
That's where you are most effective. Be the Main Backup, if positions 1-3 are Out.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,800

Post#7 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:53 pm

Denis and hirford need to be off the b3nch solidying the rookies.
Denis
Romeo
Nesmith
Grant
Horford

Starting lineup needs to be
Smart
Richardson
Brown
Tatum
Williams
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#8 » by AKFO » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:33 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:Denis and hirford need to be off the b3nch solidying the rookies.
Denis
Romeo
Nesmith
Grant
Horford

Starting lineup needs to be
Smart
Richardson
Brown
Tatum
Williams

Was gonna say something similar. I'd start Smart/shooter(Langford?)/Brown/Tatum/Rob ; let Rob run pick and roll and have guys who can shoot when defenders pull in. Schroder and Al is a great bench pairing so that we don't need to jump through hoops with the Jays' rotations. Spam the Schroder pick and roll with Al (or Rob if he's in) and let everyone else play off of that.

I do think Dennis clashes a little too much with the Jays for him to be out there for the majority of their minutes. Let the Jays be the focus' of the offense for most of their minutes, and Dennis can still close halves with them.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,247

Post#9 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:57 pm

Among Celtics pairings, Schroder-Horford leads the team in defensive rating while Smart-Timelord leads in net rating. JB-JT also ranks high in net rating so those groupings above make sense.

Smart | Langford | Brown | Tatum | Timelord
Schroder | Nesmith | Richardson | Grant | Horford

...makes the most sense for me if we're going away from the double-big starting lineup. You can even get away with an all-bench lineup in that instance since vets DS-JR-Al can carry that bench group.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,052

Post#10 » by Dogen » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:05 am

As a victim of a senseless hit and run accident, I called the offices of Horford & Schroder. They quickly got me the compensation I deserved!
Hey you! Can we come together?
timpiker
Senior
And1: 428

Post#11 » by timpiker » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:18 pm

I agree with the original post. Both have been a pleasant surprise. With all the hype of the J's, without Horford and Schroder this year, I doubt the C's would have 1 win.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#12 » by GoGreen » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:10 pm

Ime is really putting Dennis back to the bench? Is he not going to close games for us? I hope not because that's a terrible idea. Dennis has been our best closer by far this year.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#13 » by chrisab123 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:11 pm

GoGreen wrote:Ime is really putting Dennis back to the bench? Is he not going to close games for us? I hope not because that's a terrible idea. Dennis has been our best closer by far this year.

Keeps the locker room glued together so I get it. Smart probably wouldn't take well to being benched.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#14 » by captain green » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:53 pm

So far I see it and for the record I'm ok with going grondo brown tatum horford timelord and putting smart on the bench his numbers are way down.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#15 » by sam_I_am » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Horford and Schroeder to Nets, Harden to Sixers, Simmons to Celtics. Durant and Horford bromance drives this trade. I don’t love Simmons but if we can trade 2 guys with no long term future here for a top 10 25yo and under talent….it’s a win.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#16 » by GoGreen » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:14 am

Assuming the Cs continue playing well and don't trade Dennis at the deadline, I feel like it's going to be vital to re sign this dude.

Watching him play, he fits way too damn well. He's not just instant offense, but instant energy and aggression. Idk if Udoka is telling these guys to drive to the rim more, or if Dennis is rubbing off on them, but either way, it's beautiful ball to watch and losing him would be a gut punch.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,854

Post#17 » by Fierce1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:19 am

GoGreen wrote:Assuming the Cs continue playing well and don't trade Dennis at the deadline, I feel like it's going to be vital to re sign this dude.

Watching him play, he fits way too damn well. He's not just instant offense, but instant energy and aggression. Idk if Udoka is telling these guys to drive to the rim more, or if Dennis is rubbing off on them, but either way, it's beautiful ball to watch and losing him would be a gut punch.

The problem is the Celts would need actual cap space to re-sign Dennis.

If not cap space, the max the Celts can offer is the MLE.

With the way Dennis is playing right now, there will be a number of teams who will easily offer him 20m per year.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#18 » by return2glory » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:13 am

Schroder is now averaging 18 ppg for the season, on 45% shooting from the field and 90% from the line.

It gets better over the last 7 games. Schroder in his last 7 games is averaging 23.6 points on 55% shooting from the field; knock on wood. He has been huge for Boston.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#19 » by Parliament10 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:11 am

Fierce1 wrote:
GoGreen wrote:Assuming the Cs continue playing well and don't trade Dennis at the deadline, I feel like it's going to be vital to re sign this dude.

The problem is the Celts would need actual cap space to re-sign Dennis.

If not cap space, the max the Celts can offer is the MLE.

With the way Dennis is playing right now, there will be a number of teams who will easily offer him 20m per year.

That may end up being the decision that Schröder makes.
But who do you envision with have $20M in extra Cap Space, and needs to sign a Starting PG?

The Non-Tax MLE, will be about $10M. He may take that, if he likes the fit here.
After 3 years, we'll have Bird Rights for him. No one else will have that.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,854

Post#20 » by Fierce1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:22 am

Parliament10 wrote:That may end up being the decision that Schröder makes.
But who do you envision with have $20M in extra Cap Space, and needs to sign a Starting PG?

The Non-Tax MLE, will be about $10M. He may take that, if he likes the fit here.
After 3 years, we'll have Bird Rights for him. No one else will have that.

Yeah, I'm also hoping he accepts the MLE.

Right now it's not yet clear what teams will have cap space in 2022 free-agency.

Return to Boston Celtics