ImageImageImageImage

What does Bamba's next contract look like?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

What does Bamba's next contract look like?

4/20
No votes
4/40
19%
4/60
57%
4/80
19%
4/100
5%

Total votes: 37

SloNick Russia
Analyst
And1: 361

Re: What does Bamba's next contract look like? 

Post#21 » by SloNick Russia » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:27 pm

Im not very impressed with Bamba progress, he still looks like a black Shawn Bradley to me, slow, can't jump, low court awareness, not agressive. I absolutely hate his obsession with 3s on offence. But the main issue is rebounding, we are constantly getting abused on the glass this season and it seems that Mo can only grab uncontested ones.
I like Bamba as a person, he is a bright kid, seems a good character, but its very difficult to play the position in modern NBA at such slow pace.
Don't see him been anything more then a rotation player.

Sent from my SM-G9750 using RealGM mobile app
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#22 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:22 am

SloNick Russia wrote:Im not very impressed with Bamba progress, he still looks like a black Shawn Bradley to me, slow, can't jump, low court awareness, not agressive. I absolutely hate his obsession with 3s on offence. But the main issue is rebounding, we are constantly getting abused on the glass this season and it seems that Mo can only grab uncontested ones.
I like Bamba as a person, he is a bright kid, seems a good character, but its very difficult to play the position in modern NBA at such slow pace.
Don't see him been anything more then a rotation player.

Sent from my SM-G9750 using RealGM mobile app
I'll add to this regarding his acute lack of awareness, he is one of the very worst pick and roll players, in a pick and roll league...that alone should signify that the Magic need to move on from Bamba. He is making it harder for our already inept scoring team to create scoring chances. His production can be replaced rather easily with 2nd rounders or cheap free agents.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#23 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:49 am

Whatever he gets, it won't be from the Magic.
I'll be surprised if he makes it the full year with the team.
He'd be a great playoff rental.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,350

Post#24 » by Knightro » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:22 am

3/20 and it won't be from the Magic.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Post#25 » by RookieStar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:32 am

Knightro wrote:3/20 and it won't be from the Magic.

wow that low? Why wouldnt we give him that to be the 3rd C? Thats like 6m/year.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,623

Post#26 » by Skybox » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 pm

I really think they're playing him so much to pump up trade value at the TD(or sooner) and let someone else pay him. He's always had ridiculous stats per 36 (or whatever)...much better than he actually looks and much much better than he contributes to winning basketball. If he could average a double double with 2.5 blocks per game and 38% from 3, he'd fetch a solid return (even while failing the eye test on D, someone would not be able to resist taking a shot). I hate to say it because I've really been rooting for him to be the guy for us, given his unique physical advantages, but I'm no longer locked in, just hoping.

Return to Orlando Magic