Giannis - 2X MVP - FMVP - DPOY - Offseason discussion

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Lupus
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Giannis - 2X MVP - FMVP - DPOY - Now Brewers owner 

Post#781 » by Lupus » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:09 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
Lupus wrote:Its the first time i write in the forum though i read your threads for years now. Im watching the bucks since the day Giannis drafted (im greek). My opinion about the statement of Giannis is that he seems that he is not feeling ok with the team the new season. You can easily understand that Giannis feels uncomfortable with the Jrew and Khris relationship on and off the court and that he feels there is no connection. Go and watch the last press conferences of Giannis, (he seems unhappy and not having a good time) and compare them with last years. Especially the body language of the press conference with George Hill. Or watch the bucks bench during the games, it is like they lost connection and chemistry...

Welcome!

I really believe you are overthinking this. Do you REALLY think that just a couple months after winning the title, crying on the court, celebrating his kinship with Khris, being the toast of the town, the country, and the world, living it up with his brother in Greece with the trophy, so on and so forth, that he is so upset about a slow start to the season that is basically 90% because of injuries and illness that he would give an interview in a major publication and cryptically express his desire to leave? That he is so sensitive that perhaps Khris and Jrue are friends that he wants out? Come on, man.

I know sports brings out the weirdness in all of us, but wow, people are really going to the depths of fan angst.

Thanx! English is not my native language so maybe i didnt do well explaining my thoughts. I watched all the games so far and way before today, i had this thoughts about Giannis feeling uncomfortable. Maybe its not Jrew and Khris (its just me trying to explain) but i never seen Giannis so uncomfortable. I watched him in the Greek national team, in the Bucks how he communicates but this year something is different. For sure the lack of important players in the team (for me the biggest problem right now is the absence of Lopez) and the bad start may be some of the reasons. But i think thats not. Time will give us the answer... I may be wrong...
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,837

Post#782 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:32 pm

Giannis wants to play in front of a home crowd that he doesn't have to beg to make noise. :D
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#783 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:48 pm

All those summers that people were yelling left and right that we will lose Giannis if we don't win a championship, I told you all, it's the other way round.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#784 » by blazza18 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:07 pm

Happy for Giannis to talk more but the dude should be smarter than this.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Post#785 » by theFireBlanket » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:31 am

It was fun while it lasted. :cry:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#786 » by raferfenix » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 am

Morey must be hanging onto Simmons waiting until Giannis demands a trade :lol:
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,636

Post#787 » by machu46 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:09 am

Matches Malone wrote:It just doesn't make sense. He buys Brewer ownership stake, he signs long term, he's got a talented team locked up. Why even unearth those thoughts to a publication like GQ?

I'm starting to think Giannis has two personalities and one of them he doesn't like to show us lol.

I’m not worried about him leaving (though I will also say I’ll understand if he does leave and thank him for what he brought us). But:

1. Sports teams are excellent investments. Lots of athletes/celebrities are buying up stakes in whatever teams they can, be it Lebron with Liverpool, Ryan Reynolds with that random European soccer team, Jamie Vardy with the Rochester NY soccer team, etc. Giannis can leave Milwaukee and still have an excellent investment with the Brewers.

2. As many NBA players have shown, you can sign long term deals and force your way wherever you want to go later. He would have been out of his mind not to sign the super max.

No real argument against the quality of our team but that can always change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,430

Post#788 » by Matches Malone » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:30 am

machu46 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:It just doesn't make sense. He buys Brewer ownership stake, he signs long term, he's got a talented team locked up. Why even unearth those thoughts to a publication like GQ?

I'm starting to think Giannis has two personalities and one of them he doesn't like to show us lol.

I’m not worried about him leaving (though I will also say I’ll understand if he does leave and thank him for what he brought us). But:

1. Sports teams are excellent investments. Lots of athletes/celebrities are buying up stakes in whatever teams they can, be it Lebron with Liverpool, Ryan Reynolds with that random European soccer team, Jamie Vardy with the Rochester NY soccer team, etc. Giannis can leave Milwaukee and still have an excellent investment with the Brewers.

2. As many NBA players have shown, you can sign long term deals and force your way wherever you want to go later. He would have been out of his mind not to sign the super max.

No real argument against the quality of our team but that can always change.

It was more of a rhetorical question. I get all the reasonings. Just stinks that he is giving the media crumbs to cling to whether he knows he's doing that or not. It is what it is I guess. Can't fault him if he does eventually want to move on.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#789 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:01 am

"It has become too easy to win rings in Milwaukee" would be such a BS argument though.
Prove it B*tch :)
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,479

Post#790 » by Milbucks96 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:35 am

Who knows what Giannis wants, I’ve read more of the article and came away even more confused than I was when I read the first quote lol.

The team is aging and the payroll gets bigger and bigger and the options to add talent and upgrade the roster will be few very soon. I know Giannis sees that and is weighing his options and thinking of his future.

Unpopular opinion but I’m a fan of player movement so if Giannis were to ask out, it would suck as a bucks fan but I respect it. But as it’s been pointed out, he’s under contract for at least 4 more years so if he did ask out in the next year or two, the haul would be lovely.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#791 » by drone3 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:06 am

Gianiss assassinating his own reputation
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#792 » by drone3 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:08 am

How weird would it be if Gianiss forced his way to the Mavs with Kidd as coach
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,216

Post#793 » by HKPackFan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:00 am

IMO I think this is more about Giannis always trying to raise the bar and never wanting to be complacent. He reached the mountain top and now wants to find a bigger mountain. That's what I took out of Giannis and trying to understand his personality. He wants to keep that desire to always MUST get better because he's currently NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

There's a reason he doesn't want to be called MVP. Because he doesn't want to be complacent, doesn't want to think he's made it. He wants to have that same burn like the kid in Athens getting dunked on by a dude who's years older, taller, thicker, stronger, bigger, and more skilled, but little Giannis is never backing down.

So he's thinking what's the next biggest challenge, the bigger mountain that's going to keep forcing him to get better.

I think that's all he's talking about. I don't think he'll have trouble in Milwaukee overcoming new obstacles, it's Milwaukee after all.
#FreeChuckDiesel
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,486

Post#794 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:31 pm

drone3 wrote:How weird would it be if Gianiss forced his way to the Mavs with Kidd as coach

Well if he wants a challenge winning a title with Kidd as a coach would be the ultimate challenge.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,430

Post#795 » by Matches Malone » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:35 pm

I have a new challenge for Giannis. When most of the roster starts to age out, try and recruit another star to come play with you to start a new Dynasty :D
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,616

Post#796 » by emunney » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:45 pm

Lupus wrote:
RogerMurdock wrote:
Lupus wrote:Its the first time i write in the forum though i read your threads for years now. Im watching the bucks since the day Giannis drafted (im greek). My opinion about the statement of Giannis is that he seems that he is not feeling ok with the team the new season. You can easily understand that Giannis feels uncomfortable with the Jrew and Khris relationship on and off the court and that he feels there is no connection. Go and watch the last press conferences of Giannis, (he seems unhappy and not having a good time) and compare them with last years. Especially the body language of the press conference with George Hill. Or watch the bucks bench during the games, it is like they lost connection and chemistry...

Welcome!

I really believe you are overthinking this. Do you REALLY think that just a couple months after winning the title, crying on the court, celebrating his kinship with Khris, being the toast of the town, the country, and the world, living it up with his brother in Greece with the trophy, so on and so forth, that he is so upset about a slow start to the season that is basically 90% because of injuries and illness that he would give an interview in a major publication and cryptically express his desire to leave? That he is so sensitive that perhaps Khris and Jrue are friends that he wants out? Come on, man.

I know sports brings out the weirdness in all of us, but wow, people are really going to the depths of fan angst.

Thanx! English is not my native language so maybe i didnt do well explaining my thoughts. I watched all the games so far and way before today, i had this thoughts about Giannis feeling uncomfortable. Maybe its not Jrew and Khris (its just me trying to explain) but i never seen Giannis so uncomfortable. I watched him in the Greek national team, in the Bucks how he communicates but this year something is different. For sure the lack of important players in the team (for me the biggest problem right now is the absence of Lopez) and the bad start may be some of the reasons. But i think thats not. Time will give us the answer... I may be wrong...

I don't totally disagree with you, but I think it's about workload, anchoring the defense at full-time C while still having to change ends quickly and shoulder so much shot creation. We talk about how we're taking it easy on these other guys, letting them get fully healthy, but we're beating the **** out of Giannis, who himself is not fully healthy.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#797 » by greekbuck34 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:38 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I have a new challenge for Giannis. When most of the roster starts to age out, try and recruit another star to come play with you to start a new Dynasty :D

Giannis should ask Zeus to improve the weather then invest all his money to high quality strip clubs and finally to convince every instagram thot to switch base in Milwaukee. Even then real all star players will choose California, Miami and NY over us.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#798 » by Jez2983 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 am

blazza18 wrote:Happy for Giannis to talk more but the dude should be smarter than this.

This didn't really fit with the MO of 'I just wanna play basketball' did it?

Maybe this is an extension of the ego thing he talked about, and being present, and living in the moment. Maybe this will be another lesson that some things need to be unsaid and that the generic responses that mean nothing are sometimes the best option...
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,354

Post#799 » by ackypoo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:14 am

if giannis wants a challenge, he should work with semi ojeleye and try to help him become an nba player.
Illawarra_Buck
Freshman
And1: 63

Post#800 » by Illawarra_Buck » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:21 pm

I'm perfectly happy for Giannis to not-so-subtly let the ownership know that there are possible future realities where he is elsewhere.

I don't think he's going anywhere any time soon.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks