ImageImageImage

Your 2022 NBA Draft Prospect

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,886

Re: Your 2022 NBA Draft Prospect 

Post#81 » by tmorgan » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:55 pm

I’m laughing at drinking with Coach K’s grandson in UNC territory. That’s the part that makes me think he might be stupid. :)
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#82 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:55 pm

mattao313 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
mattao313 wrote:It's 2021 get a Uber or Lyft and this doesn't happen.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using RealGM mobile app

Just don't do it from your car with the keys in the ignition in order to power up your phone due to the battery having died.
What car doesn't charge your phone without it being on? Never heard of that one.

My truck has a USB port that runs straight off the battery and it's a 2015.

Unless you're saying that it's rare for a car to NOT have a power source that works when the ignition is off. If that's what you mean the answer is plenty--like every older car.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#83 » by mattao313 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:10 pm

Manocad wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Manocad wrote:Just don't do it from your car with the keys in the ignition in order to power up your phone due to the battery having died.
What car doesn't charge your phone without it being on? Never heard of that one.

Unless you're saying that it's rare for a car to NOT have a power source that works when the ignition is off. If that's what you mean the answer is plenty--like every older car.
I guess still could have just asked someone to call a cab

Championships
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#84 » by Manocad » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:14 pm

mattao313 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
mattao313 wrote:What car doesn't charge your phone without it being on? Never heard of that one.

Well yeah, once you know that putting the keys in the ignition is potentially going to get you hauled off.
mattao313
General Manager

Post#85 » by mattao313 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:20 pm

Manocad wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Manocad wrote:My truck has a USB port that runs straight off the battery and it's a 2015.

Well yeah, once you know that putting the keys in the ignition is potentially going to get you hauled off.
Yeah sucks for him but cops are pretty inconsistent anyway. One might do something totally different from the next. I got stopped for doing 7 over the speed limit never had that happen before.

But in this case with Banchero seems avoidable

Championships
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#86 » by DetroitSho » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:24 pm

mattao313 wrote:
Manocad wrote:
mattao313 wrote:What car doesn't charge your phone without it being on? Never heard of that one.

Why would someone in that situation call a cab? What is this 1987?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
mattao313
General Manager

Post#87 » by mattao313 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:34 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
mattao313 wrote:
Manocad wrote:My truck has a USB port that runs straight off the battery and it's a 2015.

Why would someone in that situation call a cab? What is this 1987?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Nope i see cabs all the time and i live in KC.

Championships
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,501

Post#88 » by whitehops » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:32 am

mattao313 wrote:Yeah sucks for him but cops are pretty inconsistent anyway. One might do something totally different from the next. I got stopped for doing 7 over the speed limit never had that happen before.

honestly i'm a little salty because i've gotten one speeding ticket in my life when i got caught doing 31 km/h over the limit and charged for it.

in ontario we have a "street racing" infraction so if you go 50 km/h (31 mph) over the speed limit you get your license suspended and your vehicle impounded. one of my dad's friends was passing someone on his motorcycle going downhill and was caught going 147 km/h in an 80 zone (91 mph in a 50 zone) and the cop that pulled him over only charged him with 29 over, which is a lower penalty than the 31 i got charged with.

this really has nothing to do with banchero's situation, just venting that the one cop that pulled me over was a stickler when i want to say most give you the benefit of the doubt for driving infractions.
mattao313
General Manager

Post#89 » by mattao313 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:27 pm

Jaden Ivey does look fun but he can't freaking shoot

Championships
FloridaMan78
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#90 » by FloridaMan78 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:28 pm

mattao313 wrote:Jaden Ivey does look fun but he can't freaking shoot

I’ve seen him take a lot of hero last second threes or off the dribble and not good shots. His set shot looks good. Easy fix by not taking those as we wouldn’t need him to.

His speed is something we need. Our team is slow. Killian can push it but he’s just not good at the rim. Cade and Bey aren’t exactly speed demons so our transition offense is nil. Ivey is fast and super athletic and attacks the rim relentlessly. He’s a pretty good passer too.

I don’t think we’ll be bottom three either so he should be in our range.

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#91 » by MotownMadness » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:52 pm

AJ Griffin is another one to watch out for. Duke has been easing him in the rotation from a torn ACL a while back but he got big minutes in their last game and looked good.

He was a highly scouted prospect and has some great size at 6'6/6'7 with a 7 foot wingspan as a bulky SG/SF.

Definitely has star potential (must watch)
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,084

Post#92 » by NYPiston » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:06 pm

mattao313 wrote:Jaden Ivey does look fun but he can't freaking shoot

People said that about Cade too before last season.

I'm not saying Ivey is Cade but he has good form so I'm not too worried about his shot long term. The big concern with him coming into the season was his propensity to be reckless with the ball, try too much, but from what I've seen against North Carolina and Villanova (certainly not cupcake competition) is that he looks a lot more control and is creating open shots for others. His athleticism is top notch so if he can add playmaker to the arsenal, this kid is going to shoot up draft boards especially in a weak guard draft.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,638

Post#93 » by zeebneeb » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:42 pm

Been watching the next batch, and if the Pistons somehow have the opportunity to pick Chet next year, they have to do so. I honestly believe that if his body was filled out, he would be the unquestioned #1 pick next year. His skill level is just insane.

That's the approach I'm taking, looking purely at skill level, and there really isn't a comparison here between him, and any other prospect.

If the Pistons end up with any other prospect, that's just fine, but if they pass on Chet, and pick someone else, based on his physical stature, that would be a huge mistake.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#94 » by bstein14 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:49 pm

Chet 100% has a #1 pick skillset. He is just super skinny/thin and doesn't have an NBA body. Hard to say how that plays out for him in the pros. I remember KD was ridiculed a bit because he couldn't lift 140 lbs one time at the combine... He also was tall but super skinny/think for a "big" but in reality he was 6'10" and 215 pounds and amazingly Chet 7'0" and just 190 pounds. I'm sure he'll add a bit more muscle before the draft but still would be a concern taking him at #1 overall with that light of a frame. He's going to get pushed around by shooting guards.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#95 » by Liqourish » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:52 pm

bstein14 wrote:Chet 100% has a #1 pick skillset. He is just super skinny/thin and doesn't have an NBA body. Hard to say how that plays out for him in the pros. I remember KD was ridiculed a bit because he couldn't lift 140 lbs one time at the combine... He also was tall but super skinny/think for a "big" but in reality he was 6'10" and 215 pounds and amazingly Chet 7'0" and just 190 pounds. I'm sure he'll add a bit more muscle before the draft but still would be a concern taking him at #1 overall with that light of a frame. He's going to get pushed around by shooting guards.

I remember being worried about KD's frame coming into the league. Chet is even smaller/skinnier. It is worrisome. No way to ignore it.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#96 » by bstein14 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Tayshaun Prince's pre-draft measurements were 6'9" 215 lbs and a 7'0" wingspan and he came into the league super skinny. Chet, at his weight, is most likely a SF in the league not a PF or a C.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,457

Post#97 » by Canadafan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:11 pm

whitehops wrote:
mattao313 wrote:Yeah sucks for him but cops are pretty inconsistent anyway. One might do something totally different from the next. I got stopped for doing 7 over the speed limit never had that happen before.

honestly i'm a little salty because i've gotten one speeding ticket in my life when i got caught doing 31 km/h over the limit and charged for it.

in ontario we have a "street racing" infraction so if you go 50 km/h (31 mph) over the speed limit you get your license suspended and your vehicle impounded. one of my dad's friends was passing someone on his motorcycle going downhill and was caught going 147 km/h in an 80 zone (91 mph in a 50 zone) and the cop that pulled him over only charged him with 29 over, which is a lower penalty than the 31 i got charged with.

this really has nothing to do with banchero's situation, just venting that the one cop that pulled me over was a stickler when i want to say most give you the benefit of the doubt for driving infractions.

I'm in ontario too, so I hope u went to court and pled not guilty cause they almost always reduce it to a lower charge without actually even having to go to court.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,501

Post#98 » by whitehops » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Canadafan wrote:I'm in ontario too, so I hope u went to court and pled not guilty cause they almost always reduce it to a lower charge without actually even having to go to court.

Yeah luckily I got the ticket travelling near Ottawa, since I was out of range I didn’t have to go to court I just called in and they reduced it over the phone.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,457

Post#99 » by Canadafan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:48 am

whitehops wrote:
Canadafan wrote:I'm in ontario too, so I hope u went to court and pled not guilty cause they almost always reduce it to a lower charge without actually even having to go to court.

Yeah luckily I got the ticket travelling near Ottawa, since I was out of range I didn’t have to go to court I just called in and they reduced it over the phone.

Hahaha same thing happened with me. Glad to hear you got it reduced.
Was strange to be on the phone and have to tell a judge you plead guilty to a lesser charge lol
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,084

Post#100 » by NYPiston » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:10 am

Liqourish wrote:
I remember being worried about KD's frame coming into the league. Chet is even smaller/skinnier. It is worrisome. No way to ignore it.

Chet is next level skinny, I just don't see an elite NBA player when I look at that tiny frame.

Also, he has skill but Durant's skills at the same age were much more refined. Weird that he picked Gonzaga because he won't be able to show off a lot of those skills as their #3 option at best. I know a lot of people like him but I just see too many red flags and too many risks to take him in the top 3.

Return to Detroit Pistons