ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 645

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#181 » by NetsJets » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:31 pm

Last nights game was an embarrassment. There were things we did in our win streak that a team like the Warriors were going to exploit. Time to adjust.
hisairness
Analyst
And1: 1,057

Post#182 » by hisairness » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Unfortunately 3rd q was the only quarter I fully watched. It simply was a difference between a well coached team that knows its identity vs individual talent that overcomes most of the time but not tonight. Curry sits with 4 fouls and Warriors don't lose their identity, they kept running their sets and actually improved defensively. KD goes ice cold and so do Nets. Credit to Warriors for an amazing job on him, I think one 3 point attempt was the only open shot he had that Q, everything else was contested and they didn't allow him to get to his spots. It didn't help that Nash doesn't have backup plan when KD iso game gets shut down, don't remember a single play for him to catch and shoot, no backdoor cuts for an open layup to get him going, nothing. Just stubborn iso after iso at the top of the key. Not even running plays as him as a decoy to get others open.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,828

Post#183 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:52 pm

I can't fathom us beating Golden State when Klay comes back, especially without Kyrie.

we're cooked.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#184 » by MGrand15 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:13 pm

Last night's game was embarrassing but we don't need to overreact. We matchup well with the Warriors. The team got outplayed and outcoached badly. The tactical blunders are inexcusable but our team had no legs after a long road trip. And it was basically a home game for GS. And we're missing our 3rd best player.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#185 » by MGrand15 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:23 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:I can't wait for December 15th. We can trade Kyrie and do something to figure out the starting center spot. What Blake is doing on essentially all wide open shots is embarrassing.

Our offense going in the tank without Joe isnt a surprise but it's pretty ridiculous that we can only throw out ONE lineup with good spacing. I won't blame Marks too much because he built the lineup with Kyrie in mind but it's still a failure. Teams are going to start tripling KD.

I think Blake will hit threes at a better then 17.8% clip. he isnt great but he is alot better then that. when he does, things change drastically. Same with Carter. He is a really solid shooter from deep. especially on the wings. He should trend up. we are not even 1 full month in. last year it took shamet almost 2 months to get on track. I dont view spacing as an issue...

what is an issue is that teams can triple durant and nash cant find a way to score 4 on 2 with the rest of his team.

Blake and Brown are the reasons we can't score playing 4 on 2. Both guys are shooting awful percentages on wide open looks. It's gonna spell trouble once teams start getting more risky on defense. This GS game was a nice preview.

Comparing Blake to Shamet doesn't make sense. Blake is not a pure shooter. And even if he makes 10 in a row, teams are going to live with that. Shamet could miss 20 in a row and teams are still going to guard him tight. Carter i don't really care about. I see why he has trouble sticking in rotations - shot selection. He's not a bad shooter - just makes bad decisions on offense.

Maybe Blake gets it together but without Kyrie, Marks really needs to consider his fit on the team. Blake is a physical guy who's essentially average at best in everything. This year he's been bad in a few categories. I think we need to find someone who can stretch the floor for real or legit attack the rim.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#186 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:53 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:If he's a head case than who is Kyrie :lol:

I didn't see no issue with Ben until Morey came over with his analytics. He hates players like him and definitely has an agenda against him.

Again tell me any reason why Kyrie is not a guilty party here? He pretty much got Kenny fired who was a good coach. Than came out talking about we don't really need coach! Am I lying here?

Man yo Kyrie boys need to take heat for this bs too, just as guilty for this bs we dealing with right now.

Kyrie is the guilty party. But I know he can help a team win a Championship on the court.

Simmons is a mental midget who passes up wide open dunks and shoots 32% from the FT line in the playoffs. Why would I want that?

Kyrie will come back eventually. He has to.

And its not his fault Kenny got fired either. KD didn't want him too.

How is he going to help again :lol: oh and let me know for how long while you at it.

That mental midget is perennial all star who locks best players. I'm talking to wall here so it doesn't make sense to explain how and why his development never happened. We got top org who succeeded in developing players, getting Ben %'s up won't be huge issue. Not asking him to be KD here.

Harden, Ben, Joe, KD and Blake going to be killer team. Only reason I'm hoping for Ben is, no other team will take this head case. Maybe duh nix can, it's just their trash won't fetch anything relevant.

Steve Francis was also a perennial All-Star. What has Simmons ever done in his career to make you think hes a winning basketball player?

Hes afraid to shoot or learn how to shoot. And he chokes in the playoffs. Can't shoot FTs. Hes unplayable in the closing minutes of a playoff game.

Beyond this hes having a mental breakdown and refusing to play basketball because his feelings are hurt.

Kyrie's issue are off the court. On the court he is still a killer. I have no doubt we won the Finals if he doesn't get hurt last year. Look at the way he was playing in the playoffs.

I get youre pissed at Kyrie. I am too. But stop pretending like Simmons is any better. In fact, hes worse.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#187 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
GTR11 wrote:Anyone else has doubts who's best PG in this decade?

Dame will smoke Kyrie too. He actually can carry team into PO.

All this Kyrie boys better go back in a closet where they belong. Questioning who true Nets fans too :lol: .

Great players show up and lead teams.

EVERY team kyrie has played for has made the playoffs with the exception of the Cavs team he was drafted on when he was 19 and 20 years old with busts like Anthony bennett and dion waiters. Dame has done exactly what in the playoffs? he has lost in the 1st round 5 of the last 6 seasons. He had 1 good run where they beat a westbrick led thunder and nuggets.

Dame has been absolutely awful this year too with the new rules taking away his flopping

Lol at Dame being better than Kyrie.

Dame could only dream of playing at the level Kyrie did in the Finals in 2016 and '17. Guy always shrinks after the First round.

Got embarrassed last year by the Nuggets.

Guy is the most overrated player in the league.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#188 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I can't fathom us beating Golden State when Klay comes back, especially without Kyrie.

we're cooked.

Its 1 game man. You guys are overreacting here.

Lets see what this team looks like in June.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#189 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I can't fathom us beating Golden State when Klay comes back, especially without Kyrie.

we're cooked.

Its 1 game man. You guys are overreacting here.

Lets see what this team looks like in June.

That was so humiliating last night...you have to let me vent man :lol:

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#190 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:52 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:TNT is sucking Golden State's balls so much it's disgusting. They act like Golden State is blowing us out lol

Came to post exactly that. Not a single highlight or positive for the Nets. That being said, it was a rough second quarter. Nash better make some adjustments, or this can get ugly quick.

2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,001

Post#191 » by 3pt_chucker » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:29 pm

I'm glad that the fan base is close to fully uniting on 2 things:

1) Nash is HORRIBLE. (He's not the worst but definitely below avg but I'm still pissed from last night :lol:)

2) Kyrie is a selfish person who puts himself over team at ALL times (Took me awhile to get there myself but the Covid stuff pushed me over the edge and see the light)

This team won't reach its max potential(multiple championships) with these two guys being a part of the franchise.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#192 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Prokorov wrote:The Kyrie blame everytime we lose is nonsense. You wanna hate on Kyrie for not playing, fine. you want to trade or cut him, fine. But lets not pretend like we are some short-handed, G-league team without him.

-We are an over the cap, over the luxury tax team WITHOUT Kyrie's salary. this nonsense that we somehow are at a strategic disadvantage because his salary cant be used for someone else is nonsense. If you cant win with a 138 million payroll your GM/Coach/Team has bigger issues then missing a player.

-We have 2 MVPS, the leagues leading scorer, and a top 8 bench WITHOUT kyrie. This is not a team starved for talent. This is not a team lacking depth. 9 out of every 10 games we play we are more talented then the opponent, and most nights, vastly more talented.

You want to bash Kyrie go to the Kyrie thread. this thread is about the warriors game, and we got blown out not because we missed KD but because we got outclassed, outplayed, and outcoached.

Just want to touch on that it's not like that payrolls distributed among 5 good tobgreat players. Looks like you took Kyrie off thus the $140m measurement.

Kd n Harden alone account for $84m of it, so it's a little misleading when 60% of that cap belongs to two players. The rest of the 12 players or so account 3% each....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#193 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:51 pm

3pt_chucker wrote:I'm glad that the fan base is close to fully uniting on 2 things:

1) Nash is HORRIBLE. (He's not the worst but definitely below avg but I'm still pissed from last night :lol:)

2) Kyrie is a selfish person who puts himself over team at ALL times (Took me awhile to get there myself but the Covid stuff pushed me over the edge and see the light)

This team won't reach its max potential(multiple championships) with these two guys being a part of the franchise.

Worst coach in the league, and Kyrie doesn't give a f*ck about the team. We aren't winning with this situation. I feel bad that KD tied up the rest of his prime here with Marks allowing nepotism to dictate who the coach is and Kyrie just abandoning him over absolute foolishness.

Harden will probably haul ass in the summer. Can't say I'd blame him. Who wants to play on a team where 1/3rd of the salary cap is at home getting high and sh*t posting on Instagram while he's busting his ass trying to generate offense because the coach is too stupid to design an offensive system that involves actual movement and cutting?

NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#194 » by NetsWorld » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
3pt_chucker wrote:I'm glad that the fan base is close to fully uniting on 2 things:

Worst coach in the league, and Kyrie doesn't give a f*ck about the team. We aren't winning with this situation. I feel bad that KD tied up the rest of his prime here with Marks allowing nepotism to dictate who the coach is and Kyrie just abandoning him over absolute foolishness.

Harden will probably haul ass in the summer. Can't say I'd blame him. Who wants to play on a team where 1/3rd of the salary cap is at home getting high and sh*t posting on Instagram while he's busting his ass trying to generate offense because the coach is too stupid to design an offensive system that involves actual movement and cutting?

They are off to a 10-5 start and obviously they have work to do; no need to panic. The start this year with Harden/KD is better than last year with KD/Kyrie. Nets will make a trade or two and have the league bitching again about them dominating the league; I will say though, their window is this year alone and if it doesn't get done, they will never do it again. I can't envision Marks standing pat. To be honest, Simmons and Seth Curry would help us immensely. Simmons would anchor our D and Seth will shoot lights out(not like his brother) but enough to help us. Otherwise we need to look at Indiana, can we get Turner? Turner helps us on the interior and will neutralize Lopez in the PO, he can also shoot the three. I see the Nets landing a Turner, Curry/Smmons, or KAT type of player. The league is hating now, but they won't if this team wins it.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#195 » by DarkXaero » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:57 pm

I don't post much here often anymore because I'm sick and tired of the same dumb takes I see here after almost every game. "Worst coach in the league", "why didn't we play (insert name)", "why did we play (insert name)", etc. More than 99% of any fanbase doesn't know **** but everyone thinks they know better and are always hindsight experts. Reason or perspective go out the window in analyzing things.

We got humiliated last night and it went as bad as it could have without anyone getting injured. But at the end of the day, it's still 1 regular season game early in the season and Nets were missing multiple rotation players who would have helped a lot against this Warriors team (not even counting Kyrie). KD had to match Steph's performance level or outplay him for us to have a chance. Instead, KD had his worst game of the season and probably his worst quarter as a Net (in that 3rd). Harden is still working himself back into the superstar we've known. There's a lot of untapped upside for this roster from last night.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#196 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:29 pm

DarkXaero wrote:I don't post much here often anymore because I'm sick and tired of the same dumb takes I see here after almost every game. "Worst coach in the league", "why didn't we play (insert name)", "why did we play (insert name)", etc. More than 99% of any fanbase doesn't know **** but everyone thinks they know better and are always hindsight experts. Reason or perspective go out the window in analyzing things.

We got humiliated last night and it went as bad as it could have without anyone getting injured. But at the end of the day, it's still 1 regular season game early in the season and Nets were missing multiple rotation players who would have helped a lot against this Warriors team (not even counting Kyrie). KD had to match Steph's performance level or outplay him for us to have a chance. Instead, KD had his worst game of the season and probably his worst quarter as a Net (in that 3rd). Harden is still working himself back into the superstar we've known. There's a lot of untapped upside for this roster from last night.

Nash sucks dude. I don't think there's any way around it.

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#197 » by gigantes » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:38 pm

hisairness wrote:Unfortunately 3rd q was the only quarter I fully watched. It simply was a difference between a well coached-team that knows its identity vs individual talent that overcomes most of the time but not tonight. Curry sits with 4 fouls and Warriors don't lose their identity, they kept running their sets and actually improved defensively. KD goes ice cold and so do Nets. Credit to Warriors for an amazing job on him, I think one 3 point attempt was the only open shot he had that Q, everything else was contested and they didn't allow him to get to his spots. It didn't help that Nash doesn't have backup plan when KD iso game gets shut down, don't remember a single play for him to catch and shoot, no backdoor cuts for an open layup to get him going, nothing. Just stubborn iso after iso at the top of the key. Not even running plays as him as a decoy to get others open.

I feel like this can't be emphasized enough when it comes to the Dubs.

I'm certainly not an X's & O's guy, but one thing I consistently get from article analysis & commented videos is that Kerr always has his guys playing intricate, purposeful, adaptive plays on both ends of the floor. Sometimes the talent and BBIQ just isn't there as with recent seasons, but when it is, I'm not sure there's a more impactful coach in the league.

That, plus the Dubs' deep roster and surprising number of strong individual defenders, of course. Because as incredible as Shemp is and impactful as Draymond is, I don't know how good they'd be with just an average coach and an average roster with typical buy-in to what the coach is trying to do.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#198 » by DarkXaero » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:15 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:I don't post much here often anymore because I'm sick and tired of the same dumb takes I see here after almost every game. "Worst coach in the league", "why didn't we play (insert name)", "why did we play (insert name)", etc. More than 99% of any fanbase doesn't know **** but everyone thinks they know better and are always hindsight experts. Reason or perspective go out the window in analyzing things.

No he doesn't. Fans just love their scapegoats.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#199 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:25 pm

KD35Netted wrote:
They are off to a 10-5 start and obviously they have work to do; no need to panic. The start this year with Harden/KD is better than last year with KD/Kyrie. Nets will make a trade or two and have the league bitching again about them dominating the league; I will say though, their window is this year alone and if it doesn't get done, they will never do it again. I can't envision Marks standing pat. To be honest, Simmons and Seth Curry would help us immensely. Simmons would anchor our D and Seth will shoot lights out(not like his brother) but enough to help us. Otherwise we need to look at Indiana, can we get Turner? Turner helps us on the interior and will neutralize Lopez in the PO, he can also shoot the three. I see the Nets landing a Turner, Curry/Smmons, or KAT type of player. The league is hating now, but they won't if this team wins it.

Exactly. We were off to a MUCH worse start last year.

And that was with Kyrie and KD both playing lights out.

This team will take its time to come together. We still have the talent to win a Championship.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#200 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:54 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

No he doesn't. Fans just love their scapegoats.

So you think he coached a solid game last night?

What about the inexplicable decision to revert back to switch everything defense that teams were exploiting via slipping the screen, and causes us to get killed on the defensive glass? Stellar moves or no?

Why has the offense regressed since D'Antoni left?

Return to Brooklyn Nets