ImageImageImage

Welcome Back to Phoenix Frank Kaminisky!!!!

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Re: Welcome Back to Phoenix Frank Kaminisky!!!! 

Post#21 » by King4Day » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:17 pm

I wasn't aware Frank had offers from other teams. He comments on it here:

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#22 » by Bogyo » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:23 pm

You can hear it in his voice that he gets real emotional. Good guy, class act. Good for him that he had this game - and good for us.
He gives much more than he takes. No matter his flaws and limitations, hats off for him today.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#23 » by RunDogGun » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:12 pm

It was great to see him have a career night. Everything was falling for him, and he played within the system. Can't ask for more from a bench player.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Post#24 » by Frank Lee » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:00 pm

One thing for sure....

He leads the league in goofy GIFs
What ? Me Worry ?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#25 » by Revived » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:33 pm

King4Day wrote:I wasn't aware Frank had offers from other teams. He comments on it here:

Read on Twitter

Definitely gained respect for him after listening to it. He doesn’t seem entitled like many or most NBA players.

He’s played well so far this season. Even defensively he’s looked the best this season than he’s done in years past with the Suns.

Definitely a good player to have on the vet min as the 3rd backup big.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,382

Post#26 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:30 am

Valley of the Suns (@ValleyoftheSuns) Tweeted:
Making the case for @Suns Frank Kaminsky to be a Most Improved Player of the Year finalist. https://t.co/2lBCwHcNbt
Read on Twitter
?s=20
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#27 » by bigfoot » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:Valley of the Suns (@ValleyoftheSuns) Tweeted:
Making the case for @Suns Frank Kaminsky to be a Most Improved Player of the Year finalist. https://t.co/2lBCwHcNbt
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Would be the feel-good story of the year if he's in the mix ... he would have to take minutes away from McGee and/or Ayton.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#28 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:21 pm

bigfoot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Would be the feel-good story of the year if he's in the mix ... he would have to take minutes away from McGee and/or Ayton.

Very true! :wink:
But the tank would deserve it IF it weren't based partially on minutes played. I'd love the message that it'd send, to always be ready. And that it's about effort and opportunity that even bench players and vet minimum players can stand out if they continue working on their craft and staying diligent.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#29 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:54 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

But the tank would deserve it IF it weren't based partially on minutes played. I'd love the message that it'd send, to always be ready. And that it's about effort and opportunity that even bench players and vet minimum players can stand out if they continue working on their craft and staying diligent.

Even though I had the thought, stories about this after 3 good games is a little silly. That blog is kind of weird. They come up with the most hot take stories on small sample size so fast. Kind of like Sidery's cherry picked stat tweets.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#30 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:20 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

Even though I had the thought, stories about this after 3 good games is a little silly. That blog is kind of weird. They come up with the most hot take stories on small sample size so fast. Kind of like Sidery's cherry picked stat tweets.

Low end entertainment for slow periods though...... :lol:
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,354

Post#31 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:57 am

bhawk wrote:
Walt_Uoob wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:Just an absolute, colossal failure by the org as a whole. He's unplayable, not just in the finals but in most of the regular season for all but about 1 month of his time in Phoenix. Knowing the plays is a garbage reason. Get someone with upside and teach them the plays. He can't defend any position and has been living off his shooting reputation since college.
I really think he's way better than that. Remember Damian Jones? Remember Marquise Chriss? Remember Pat Burke? Remember Daniel Santiago? Remember when young floundering versions of Robin Lopez and Alex Len were our STARTERS!? Kaminsky gets way too much crap around here for being a surprisingly serviceable backup for his pay grade. I'm not exactly pumped to see him check into a game but I'm sure as hell glad it's him instead of some totally lost foul machine.

Sent from my moto x4 using RealGM mobile app

Agree. Frank is better than unplayable. He arguably is outplaying Ayton. He did last night with the career 31 pts.

Now how do we re-sign him is the question? Is he worth the max? I kid, I kid...

Frank is literally the worst player in the NBA 2 of the last 3 seasons on this team. I'm glad he's playing well now, but to pretend like his entire tenure here other than about 2 weeks for all of the last 2 seasons was anything other than an unmitigated disaster is delusional.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#32 » by Saberestar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:02 pm

AtheJ415 wrote:
bhawk wrote:
Walt_Uoob wrote:I really think he's way better than that. Remember Damian Jones? Remember Marquise Chriss? Remember Pat Burke? Remember Daniel Santiago? Remember when young floundering versions of Robin Lopez and Alex Len were our STARTERS!? Kaminsky gets way too much crap around here for being a surprisingly serviceable backup for his pay grade. I'm not exactly pumped to see him check into a game but I'm sure as hell glad it's him instead of some totally lost foul machine.

Agree. Frank is better than unplayable. He arguably is outplaying Ayton. He did last night with the career 31 pts.

Frank is literally the worst player in the NBA 2 of the last 3 seasons on this team. I'm glad he's playing well now, but to pretend like his entire tenure here other than about 2 weeks for all of the last 2 seasons was anything other than an unmitigated disaster is delusional.

How in the world the worst player in the NBA could be someone that has been in the rotation on two different NBA teams during all his seven years in the league?

Players who are really terrible do not play in the league more than a couple seasons, three at most if some franchise believe yet in his "potential".

Worst player in the league for the last couple of years has to be some unknown who did not play at all or just a few minutes here and there and now is not in the league anymore.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#33 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:28 pm

AtheJ415 wrote:
bhawk wrote:
Walt_Uoob wrote:I really think he's way better than that. Remember Damian Jones? Remember Marquise Chriss? Remember Pat Burke? Remember Daniel Santiago? Remember when young floundering versions of Robin Lopez and Alex Len were our STARTERS!? Kaminsky gets way too much crap around here for being a surprisingly serviceable backup for his pay grade. I'm not exactly pumped to see him check into a game but I'm sure as hell glad it's him instead of some totally lost foul machine.

You've said this a lot, but there are a lot of worse players in the NBA. I would never say he is outplaying Ayton or he is worthy of major minutes or he is any good defensively, but he has a pretty solid offensive IQ, range, can pass, score inside, hit the 3, etc. He is definitely a fairly solid 3rd stringer. But any of the talk of "We are just as good with McGee/Frank" as Ayton is nonsense and trying to compare stats when defenses are not going to play to stop Kaminsky is ridiculous for others to say as well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#34 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:30 pm

Saberestar wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:
bhawk wrote:

How in the world the worst player in the NBA could be someone that has been in the rotation on two different NBA teams during all his seven years in the league?

Players who are really terrible do not play in the league more than a couple seasons, three at most if some franchise believe yet in his "potential".

Worst player in the league for the last couple of years has to be some unknown who did not play at all or just a few minutes here and there and now is not in the league anymore.

Yeah, even last year he wasn't the worst player on our team. Damian Jones was definitely worse. Heck, we've probably had multiple worse players every year before that for awhile.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#35 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:22 pm

Looks like Frank could be out for a long time with that stress fracture. Feel bad for him after the hot start.

Suns might have to release him to open up a roster spot.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#36 » by suns12345 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Looks like Frank could be out for a long time with that stress fracture. Feel bad for him after the hot start.

Seems like the kind of guy we'd be happy to keep brining back at the minimum. Serviceable 3rd guy with size and skill. Loved by the team.

A bit of a udonis haslem situation (obvs Frank being a different kind of dude)
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#37 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:30 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Looks like Frank could be out for a long time with that stress fracture. Feel bad for him after the hot start.

Don't we have a roster spot open?

Not that we might not eventually need another one....with our two athletic backup Cs out.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#38 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:36 am

I wonder if this will get us to reconsider the Thad Young trade (again). Good timing since we should hopefully have a good look at him in today's game
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#39 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 4:49 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:

Yeah, even last year he wasn't the worst player on our team. Damian Jones was definitely worse. Heck, we've probably had multiple worse players every year before that for awhile.

Not true whatsoever
AtheJ415
Head Coach

Post#40 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 4:49 am

bwgood77 wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:
bhawk wrote:

You've said this a lot, but there are a lot of worse players in the NBA. I would never say he is outplaying Ayton or he is worthy of major minutes or he is any good defensively, but he has a pretty solid offensive IQ, range, can pass, score inside, hit the 3, etc. He is definitely a fairly solid 3rd stringer. But any of the talk of "We are just as good with McGee/Frank" as Ayton is nonsense and trying to compare stats when defenses are not going to play to stop Kaminsky is ridiculous for others to say as well.

Name the worse players from Frank's first year on the Suns. He was absolutely dreadful as a shooter from all levels and completely useless defensively. His 2nd year he was still useless defensively but shot well for a few weeks. He was then cut by us and the Hornets and likely would not still be in the NBA if we hadn't brought him back simply because he knew the playbook. Frank was a supposed shooter who put up splits of 45, 33, 67. He had a -0.5 BPM and a VORP that was barely positive despite being on the 2nd best team in basketball. He was so bad that his VORP is already as good this season alone in 9 games of play because he was hot to start this year.

The only basketball-related positive anybody could objectively say about Frank on the whole for his first 2 seasons with us was that he gets along with the other players. That is it. And at least with raw players who typically sit at the end of the bench they are capable of being big and athletic. He was useless initially here and still is when not shooting well. His only way to have a positive impact on this team is to start shooting like he did in college.

Return to Phoenix Suns