ImageImageImage

Game 14: Pacers (6-9) @ Pistons (3-10) - Nov. 17 7:00 PM EST

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,869

Re: Game 14: Pacers (6-9) @ Pistons (3-10) - Nov. 17 7:00 PM EST 

Post#281 » by MotownMadness » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:16 am

Pistons will probably offer Ayton the max this off-season, let's see if Suns match. I would offer Grant back in a sign and trade and give Ayton the 5 year.

That's two first round picks plus our draft pick to add a new PF (Hopefully Jabari Smith Jr)

Hayes
Cade
Bey
Jabari Smith Jr
Ayton

That lineup would be awesome
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,997

Post#282 » by BDM22 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:16 am

MotownMadness wrote:We need to add another big like a 7 footer athlete pick and roll lob threat. Imagine that with two playmakers like Killian and Cade in the backcourt with Stewart bring energy off the bench.

Need Drummond back lol

A Christian Wood-type who is more of a team player. If such a thing exists.

I still think you need someone who can shoot too. This team can't afford more non-shooters. I guess Ayton is still worth a shot though. But I do get Drummond vibes, even if he's better.
Mogolo
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#283 » by Mogolo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:20 am

BDM22 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:We need to add another big like a 7 footer athlete pick and roll lob threat. Imagine that with two playmakers like Killian and Cade in the backcourt with Stewart bring energy off the bench.

Need Drummond back lol

Christian Wood :-?

I still think you need someone who can shoot too. This team can't afford more non-shooters.

I want no part of Wood , have you watched Houston play? the whole team thinks they are superstars.. and when Wood doesnt get the ball he gets pissed at his team....
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,637

Post#284 » by zeebneeb » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 am

Christian Wood has the skillset, just not the right mindset.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,997

Post#285 » by BDM22 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 am

Mogolo wrote:
BDM22 wrote:

Need Drummond back lol

I still think you need someone who can shoot too. This team can't afford more non-shooters.

I want no part of Wood , have you watched Houston play? the whole team thinks they are superstars.. and when Wood doesnt get the ball he gets pissed at his team....

Yeah, I had edited it to say that prototype of player without the personality issues. I don't want Wood either. Just meaning a guy who can be a lob threat and shoot it.

Evan Mobley :lol:

What a dream combo that would be :droop:
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#286 » by whitehops » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 am

good win overall, the defense was good for pretty much the entire game and the offense was good enough to pull away a bit.

cade didn't shoot well but he's having absolutely no trouble getting to his spots and his misses are all close/he's in control. he had an off night from 3 but i expect his average game this season will be going 3/8. really as long as he's getting 7/8 3PA up a game i'm happy, as they're all good looks and he has the ability.

not surprised garza got a DNP given how skilled sabonis is and how well turner stretches the floor. josh jackson also got a DNP but i suspect that's so diallo has a chance to earn minutes other than in practice.

cade's gotta cool his jets otherwise we're going to make the playoffs this season and lose our first round pick.
Mogolo
Sophomore

Post#287 » by Mogolo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:26 am

whitehops wrote:good win overall, the defense was good for pretty much the entire game and the offense was good enough to pull away a bit.

cade didn't shoot well but he's having absolutely no trouble getting to his spots and his misses are all close/he's in control. he had an off night from 3 but i expect his average game this season will be going 3/8. really as long as he's getting 7/8 3PA up a game i'm happy, as they're all good looks and he has the ability.

not surprised garza got a DNP given how skilled sabonis is and how well turner stretches the floor. josh jackson also got a DNP but i suspect that's so diallo has a chance to earn minutes other than in practice.

cade's gotta cool his jets otherwise we're going to make the playoffs this season and lose our first round pick.

If Cade is the sole reason we make playoffs and lose our first round pick I'm 200% for it..
Mogolo
Sophomore

Post#288 » by Mogolo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:27 am

BDM22 wrote:
Mogolo wrote:
BDM22 wrote:

Yeah, I had edited it to say that prototype of player without the personality issues. I don't want Wood either. Just meaning a guy who can be a lob threat and shoot it.

lol yea Cade to Mobley pick and roll..... mmmmm what do we need to make this happend lol o.0
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#289 » by bstein14 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:32 am

Mogolo wrote:
BDM22 wrote:
Mogolo wrote:

lol yea Cade to Mobley pick and roll..... mmmmm what do we need to make this happend lol o.0

Probably would take Gores having incriminating evidence on Dan Gilbert.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer
And1: 284

Post#290 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:33 am

Mogolo wrote:
whitehops wrote:good win overall, the defense was good for pretty much the entire game and the offense was good enough to pull away a bit.

If Cade is the sole reason we make playoffs and lose our first round pick I'm 200% for it..

Agree, tanking should be done. They need to get on with the learning and begin the climb. We will still have a decent pick but if they could make the play in that would be so good for their confidence and learning.

Weaver and Casey said over and over that the 20 wins last year was not something they want to repeat and that was a message to the fans that there will be no intentional tanking from now 9n. You start your climb and let the picks and chips fall where they may.
NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,083

Post#291 » by NYPiston » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:34 am

Need Drummond back lol

Duren from Memphis would fit this bill if the Pistons dropped to the back half of the top 10. That's the beauty of this draft. It caters to the Pistons needs perfectly, it's loaded with big man scorers/athletes and a little light on guards.
whitehops
General Manager

Post#292 » by whitehops » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:38 am

Pistonrings wrote:
Mogolo wrote:If Cade is the sole reason we make playoffs and lose our first round pick I'm 200% for it..

Agree, tanking should be done. They need to get on with the learning and begin the climb. We will still have a decent pick but if they could make the play in that would be so good for their confidence and learning.

Weaver and Casey said over and over that the 20 wins last year was not something they want to repeat and that was a message to the fans that there will be no intentional tanking from now 9n. You start your climb and let the picks and chips fall where they may.

i was half joking about us making playoffs really. obviously it would mean that cade is a stud and we're laughing. but the flip side is negative (and what happened to lebron and doncic) where we're good "too soon", in that we won't get a lotto pick for the foreseeable future and have little means to add talent around our #1 guy.

that's all speculation/premature though, i'm just enjoying seeing our young team grow and not play unwatchable basketball like they were the first few games of the season.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer

Post#293 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:39 am

Killian 19 minutes, 4 points, 4 rbs, 4 assists, 3 steals and a block. Injured, that kid is gonna be good.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer

Post#294 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:41 am

Everything King also says the same thing. Killian is not going to be able from getting that hand hit near every game. Might be best to sit him against Golden State since we have a very Small chance of winning that game.
Pistonrings
Bench Warmer

Post#295 » by Pistonrings » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:48 am

whitehops wrote:
Pistonrings wrote:
Mogolo wrote:If Cade is the sole reason we make playoffs and lose our first round pick I'm 200% for it..

i was half joking about us making playoffs really. obviously it would mean that cade is a stud and we're laughing. but the flip side is negative (and what happened to lebron and doncic) where we're good "too soon", in that we won't get a lotto pick for the foreseeable future and have little means to add talent around our #1 guy.

that's all speculation/premature though, i'm just enjoying seeing our young team grow and not play unwatchable basketball like they were the first few games of the season.

For me, no way do you make Cade endure purposeful tanking. We will have money to spend when Blake's contract is off us and we'll still get a decent pick. I have no problem picking at 10 or 12.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#296 » by DetroitSho » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:16 am

MotownMadness wrote:Pistons will probably offer Ayton the max this off-season, let's see if Suns match. I would offer Grant back in a sign and trade and give Ayton the 5 year.

That's two first round picks plus our draft pick to add a new PF (Hopefully Jabari Smith Jr)

Hayes
Cade
Bey
Jabari Smith Jr
Ayton

That lineup would be awesome
Can't offer a 5th year to another team's free agent, only when retaining your own.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
whitehops
General Manager

Post#297 » by whitehops » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:20 am

DetroitSho wrote:Can't offer a 5th year to another team's free agent, only when retaining your own.

i think MM was suggesting that the suns sign and trade ayton to us for grant (so the suns would be the team actually signing him to the 5 years).

i honestly don't know the new S&T rules well enough to know if that's legit but i'm pretty sure that's what was meant.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#298 » by DetroitSho » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:29 am

whitehops wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:Can't offer a 5th year to another team's free agent, only when retaining your own.

i think MM was suggesting that the suns sign and trade ayton to us for grant (so the suns would be the team actually signing him to the 5 years).

i honestly don't know the new S&T rules well enough to know if that's legit but i'm pretty sure that's what was meant.
It's not legit. Whether S &T or outright signing you can only do 4 years unless you're retaining your own guy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#299 » by bstein14 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:38 am

whitehops wrote:

In 2017, the 5th year in sign and trade deals no longer is possible. So whether we sign him outright or is in a sign and trade deal we'd only be able to offer 4 years.

No chance I'd give away Grant in a sign-and-trade deal for Ayton. CoJo + Kelly O sure if Phoenix wants a few more vets to help try to replace some of Ayton's production but giving up any real assets when we could just sign him outright would be foolish.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,869

Post#300 » by MotownMadness » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:42 am

bstein14 wrote:
whitehops wrote:

In 2017, the 5th year in sign and trade deals no longer is possible. So whether we sign him outright or is in a sign and trade deal we'd only be able to offer 4 years.

No chance I'd give away Grant in a sign-and-trade deal for Ayton. CoJo + Kelly O sure if Phoenix wants a few more vets to help try to replace some of Ayton's production but giving up any real assets when we could just sign him outright would be foolish.

I think it would take some persuasion to keep them from matching. That's why I would sacrifice Grant in a sign and trade if needed.

Didn't know that about the 5th year in the sign and trade though.

Return to Detroit Pistons