ImageImageImage

The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#861 » by greenroom31 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:20 am

Hield for Richardson, Juancho and Kanter or Bruno + a couple 2nd rounders?

Kanter can’t be traded for a month, but the main reason for Sacramento to do it would be saving money and because they don’t really have minutes for Buddy with their current roster and they are unlikely to make the playoffs again this year.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#862 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:27 am

greenroom31 wrote:Hield for Richardson, Juancho and Kanter or Bruno + a couple 2nd rounders?

Kanter can’t be traded for a month, but the main reason for Sacramento to do it would be saving money and because they don’t really have minutes for Buddy with their current roster and they are unlikely to make the playoffs again this year.

Hield would be deadly off of Tatum, imagine him and Jaylen getting all these wide open looks instead of the dudes we have out there the last seven games?

I feel like he makes a ton of sense for this team, even with Ime’s defensive scheme.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#863 » by Floody100 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:19 am

The Comedian wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:Hield for Richardson, Juancho and Kanter or Bruno + a couple 2nd rounders?

Hield would be deadly off of Tatum, imagine him and Jaylen getting all these wide open looks instead of the dudes we have out there the last seven games?

I feel like he makes a ton of sense for this team, even with Ime’s defensive scheme.

As good as the defence has been lately we’re still not good enough to compete with the contenders.
Get Buddy & just hope he buys in & plays at least average defence.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,785

Post#864 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:25 am

LOL, everyone wants to nibble around the edges. When the ship is floundering, it doesn't help to rearrange the deck chairs.

There are two options: 1. keep the players you have and get them to play better. The problem with this team isn't talent, it's cohesion. They don't trust each other and Udoka doesn't trust half the players on his roster. Why trade for Hield when you have Nesmith? You put him on the floor, give him 10-12 shots a game. Or if you don't like Nesmith, try Langford. Langford is shooting pretty well but he doesn't get any touches.

2. If the first option doesn't work, there need to be fundamental structural changes to the roster unless they want to go for the next few years as a treadmill team, which is what they are. If Lebron plays, they will probably lose again on Friday to fall two games below .500
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#866 » by jfs1000d » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:03 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:LOL, everyone wants to nibble around the edges. When the ship is floundering, it doesn't help to rearrange the deck chairs.

There are two options: 1. keep the players you have and get them to play better. The problem with this team isn't talent, it's cohesion. They don't trust each other and Udoka doesn't trust half the players on his roster. Why trade for Hield when you have Nesmith? You put him on the floor, give him 10-12 shots a game. Or if you don't like Nesmith, try Langford. Langford is shooting pretty well but he doesn't get any touches.

2. If the first option doesn't work, there need to be fundamental structural changes to the roster unless they want to go for the next few years as a treadmill team, which is what they are. If Lebron plays, they will probably lose again on Friday to fall two games below .500

Come on Curmudegeon, Nesmith never makes shots. Not at Buddy Hield's rate and volume. I am not a fan of Ime. He is way too defensive oriented to to the point he hurts the offense because he loves the defense. Job is to win games, not have the No. 1 defense.

We should trade for Buddy. My god, the Hawks do't have a good defense team but have Trae, Huerter, Bogdanovich and Gallinari. All four of those guys are better shooters than any guy on our roster.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#867 » by TheOGJabroni » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:53 pm

I would love a deal like this; I think Hield is exactly the type of player this team needs, but I don't think it's enough incentive for the Kings.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#868 » by playa-hater » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:02 pm

OK I'll Bite.. Heild makes 22 mill per .. the only way to trade for him starts with Smart + filler. Romeo or Nesmith comes close to that..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 2,991

Post#869 » by CelticFaninLBC » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:53 pm

playa-hater wrote:OK I'll Bite.. Heild makes 22 mill per .. the only way to trade for him starts with Smart + filler. Romeo or Nesmith comes close to that..

Smart's the best player in that deal, so need more than Heild and no thanks on Bagley. With SAC just drafting Mitchell, and already having Fox, maybe they'd be open to dealing Haliburton??
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#870 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:35 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:LOL, everyone wants to nibble around the edges. When the ship is floundering, it doesn't help to rearrange the deck chairs.

Come on Curmudegeon, Nesmith never makes shots. Not at Buddy Hield's rate and volume. I am not a fan of Ime. He is way too defensive oriented to to the point he hurts the offense because he loves the defense. Job is to win games, not have the No. 1 defense.

We should trade for Buddy. My god, the Hawks do't have a good defense team but have Trae, Huerter, Bogdanovich and Gallinari. All four of those guys are better shooters than any guy on our roster.

If I'm calling the shots, I'm waiting until they back at full strength with JB and the Timelord. Then I'm giving them 10-15 games . If they are something like 12-3 in those games I'm building on what I have. If they are 8-7, I'm doing my best to move Tatum or Brown. They are both great individual scorers, but neither one makes his teammates better on a consistent basis.

Right now its Tatum and Schroder playing your turn my turn. When Brown gets back it may be Tatum, Brown and Schroder playing your turn my turn. That's dysfunctional.

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,797

Post#871 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:48 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:

If I'm calling the shots, I'm waiting until they back at full strength with JB and the Timelord. Then I'm giving them 10-15 games . If they are something like 12-3 in those games I'm building on what I have. If they are 8-7, I'm doing my best to move Tatum or Brown. They are both great individual scorers, but neither one makes his teammates better on a consistent basis.

Right now its Tatum and Schroder playing your turn my turn. When Brown gets back it may be Tatum, Brown and Schroder playing your turn my turn. That's dysfunctional.

As long as schroder is on the team there will always be at least 1 person playing my turn your turn
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,797

Post#872 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:50 pm

Tpe and seconds to toronto
Kanter, schroder and boucher to chicago
White and a wing from chicago to boston.

Smart/richardson
White/nesmith
Brown/romeo
Tatum/grant
Timelord/horford

Boom. Done.
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#873 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:33 am

I'd rather have Boucher.

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,834

Post#874 » by Celts17Pride » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:21 pm

Coby White and Chris Boucher do exactly what for the Celtics? Get them from 9th seed to the 8th seed?

Celtics need to think much bigger than this.

Still would love to see Harrison Barnes make his way to the Celtics somehow.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#875 » by Fierce1 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:41 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Coby White and Chris Boucher do exactly what for the Celtics? Get them from 9th seed to the 8th seed?

Right now Harrison Barnes would be too expensive because of the Celtics cap situation.

I would love it if Brad can use the TPE on Christian Wood.

If the Celts are going to beat teams like the Sixers and Bucks, Celts are going to need 3 quality big men.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#876 » by jfs1000d » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:02 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Coby White and Chris Boucher do exactly what for the Celtics? Get them from 9th seed to the 8th seed?

Right now Harrison Barnes would be too expensive because of the Celtics cap situation.

If the Celts are going to beat teams like the Sixers and Bucks, Celts are going to need 3 quality big men.

What does wood do and where does he play?

Can he short 3s and space the floor?

The Richardson, Smart, Schroeder 1,2,3 is a spacing and shooting nightmare, I don’t care how great they are on defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#877 » by Fierce1 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:06 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

What does wood do and where does he play?

Can he short 3s and space the floor?

The Richardson, Smart, Schroeder 1,2,3 is a spacing and shooting nightmare, I don’t care how great they are on defense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Wood can make 3pt shots.

He can be a 4 or a 5.

The perfect 3rd big man and Horford's successor.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#878 » by Half-Full » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:30 pm

jfs1000d wrote:

Both Pritchard and Nesmith have a history of being good shooters. It is not likely that they have lost this skill. More likely that they are in a bit of a slump. Give them some playing time (not just 6 minutes), and encourage them to take shots when they are open (of course, give them the ball). There is no reason to think that they will not knock down shots at a rate in keeping with their past history. Of course, everything is dependent on opportunity. No/limited playing time = no/limited impact.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,627

Post#879 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:42 pm

Half-Full wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:

Both Pritchard and Nesmith have a history of being good shooters. It is not likely that they have lost this skill. More likely that they are in a bit of a slump. Give them some playing time (not just 6 minutes), and encourage them to take shots when they are open (of course, give them the ball). There is no reason to think that they will not knock down shots at a rate in keeping with their past history. Of course, everything is dependent on opportunity. No/limited playing time = no/limited impact.

Pritchard's rookie 3pt percentage exceeds Hield's career average. And Hield started his NBA career even older than Pritchard did. The same is true for TS% and WS/48 by wider margins.

Also, Ime was scared of Pritchard when he coached against the Celtics last postseason. So I doubt he's given up on him this soon.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#880 » by BK_2020 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:41 pm

Teams leave Pritchard open because they know he takes 6 seconds to get a shot off. He doesnt space the floor even if he makes shots he takes, which he’s not doing.

Return to Boston Celtics