Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,559

Re: Game 15 Sixers @ Jazz 11/16/21 @ 10 pm ET 

Post#101 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:35 am

tigermars wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers4real wrote:Yeah, I agree with you. The way this team is playing gives me hope that with a right Simmons trade we can be contenders.

And think about the opposite scenario.

Repeat of last season. Team playing clunky offense but we having the number one record. You want that? It’s another trip for a 2nd round exit. Insanity is doing the same stuff over again and expecting different result.

Does this years Bulls roster swapping out Vuc for Embiid a contender?

Yes.
Collective dribble drive offense = check
2-3 go to guy options = check
Perimeter defense and interior defense = check
Shooting all around = check
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#102 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:38 pm

Embiid P wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
I mean, is it a wasted season of Giannis's prime? They're playing worse than us this season.

Giannis has won a championship. Embiid hasn't won jack **** and has choked many times in Playoffs at end of games. Giannis doesn't have all that much left to prove, while Embiid, if he cares about this stuff, needs to prove he can achieve more than being second round fodder year after year.
We have already seen this year how Bum Simmons doesn't really make us better, but still, this team is clearly not built around Embiid and I don't see that changing anytime soon. He has to be running out of patience with this sorry ass franchise, I guarantee you that he is already thinking about his next team and destination.

Remember we were 8-2 before Embiid and others went down due to COVID in spite of the Ben Simmons situation. Shouldn't we at least wait until our team is fully healthy (minus Simmons of course) before we write it off as a lost season?

We are losing ground in the East rapidly. The conference is no joke this year. We suck on the road. Our best shot at a finals appearance is by having homecourt advantage. We had it last year and couldn’t even pull through.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,697

Post#103 » by stormi » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:44 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Embiid P wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:
Giannis has won a championship. Embiid hasn't won jack **** and has choked many times in Playoffs at end of games. Giannis doesn't have all that much left to prove, while Embiid, if he cares about this stuff, needs to prove he can achieve more than being second round fodder year after year.
We have already seen this year how Bum Simmons doesn't really make us better, but still, this team is clearly not built around Embiid and I don't see that changing anytime soon. He has to be running out of patience with this sorry ass franchise, I guarantee you that he is already thinking about his next team and destination.

Remember we were 8-2 before Embiid and others went down due to COVID in spite of the Ben Simmons situation. Shouldn't we at least wait until our team is fully healthy (minus Simmons of course) before we write it off as a lost season?

We are losing ground in the East rapidly. The conference is no joke this year. We suck on the road. Our best shot at a finals appearance is by having homecourt advantage. We had it last year and couldn’t even pull through.

Maybe we can undergo a mini Warriors style revitalization. I think as long as Joel Embiid is here and able to play we'll always have the foundation for a championship formula.

It's really about hitting on draft picks, the development of Maxey/Joe and getting the future deals of Ben and potentially Harris/Seth right.

If Ben brings back a promising player, and Harris's salary can get moved for more direct scoring and less ballstopping, then we're back amongst the big boys in the league.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,194

Post#104 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:21 pm

stormi wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
Embiid P wrote:

Maybe we can undergo a mini Warriors style revitalization. I think as long as Joel Embiid is here and able to play we'll always have the foundation for a championship formula.

It's really about hitting on draft picks, the development of Maxey/Joe and getting the future deals of Ben and potentially Harris/Seth right.

If Ben brings back a promising player, and Harris's salary can get moved for more direct scoring and less ballstopping, then we're back amongst the big boys in the league.

I agree with your sentiment. I just don’t think this team has a remote shot at the finals if they don’t finish 1st or 2nd in the conference.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,895

Post#105 » by sixers4real » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:00 pm

tigermars wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers4real wrote:Yeah, I agree with you. The way this team is playing gives me hope that with a right Simmons trade we can be contenders.

Repeat of last season. Team playing clunky offense but we having the number one record. You want that? It’s another trip for a 2nd round exit. Insanity is doing the same stuff over again and expecting different result.

Tricky question.

Mostly, yes. They can beat Milwaukee in a 7-game series, they can beat Nets without Kyrie in a 7-game series.

Fortunately, NBA is becoming wide league, where teams like Hawks make it to the EFC, where Miami Heat make it to NBA Finals, where a team like Suns, lead by a “chocker” Chris Paul make it to the NBA Finals, where Giannis “oh, he just RS stats guy” wins a title.

Am I the only one who sees that? No.

Durant, LeBron, Kawhi, Harden, Davis, Curry all of the sudden becoming old or injured.

Sixers can be contenders, we have MoreyC we have Embiid, we can win a title.We can.

Yeah, it’s late in my in city in Russia, I’m drunk a little, love y’all.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#106 » by Negrodamus » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:55 pm

tigermars wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Yes. The Bulls are a contender without Embiid. You add a top 10 player to the mix, they'll obviously be a contender.
tigermars
Sophomore
And1: 9

Post#107 » by tigermars » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:38 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
tigermars wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Yes. The Bulls are a contender without Embiid. You add a top 10 player to the mix, they'll obviously be a contender.

As a 1st seed and top 2 contendror. Does Embiid need more?
Zo is like Danny that green that dribble.
DDR is like smaller tobi but with passing
Laviev vs Seth tough on and specimen;
Junkman vs simmons feaeless;

They didn’t hit high draft picks got Lavigne in trade vuc, sign and trade DDR Lozo +Caruso

Return to Philadelphia 76ers