Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Re: Nets v. Warriors | 11.16.2021 @ 7:30 PM on TNT/YES 

Post#201 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:56 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
They are off to a 10-5 start and obviously they have work to do; no need to panic. The start this year with Harden/KD is better than last year with KD/Kyrie. Nets will make a trade or two and have the league bitching again about them dominating the league; I will say though, their window is this year alone and if it doesn't get done, they will never do it again. I can't envision Marks standing pat. To be honest, Simmons and Seth Curry would help us immensely. Simmons would anchor our D and Seth will shoot lights out(not like his brother) but enough to help us. Otherwise we need to look at Indiana, can we get Turner? Turner helps us on the interior and will neutralize Lopez in the PO, he can also shoot the three. I see the Nets landing a Turner, Curry/Smmons, or KAT type of player. The league is hating now, but they won't if this team wins it.

Exactly. We were off to a MUCH worse start last year.

And that was with Kyrie and KD both playing lights out.

This team will take its time to come together. We still have the talent to win a Championship.

We are 10-5 yet we've been blown out by every contender we've faced.

It's alarming. These weren't even close games. We got demolished
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#202 » by NetsWorld » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:09 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:
They are off to a 10-5 start and obviously they have work to do; no need to panic. The start this year with Harden/KD is better than last year with KD/Kyrie. Nets will make a trade or two and have the league bitching again about them dominating the league; I will say though, their window is this year alone and if it doesn't get done, they will never do it again. I can't envision Marks standing pat. To be honest, Simmons and Seth Curry would help us immensely. Simmons would anchor our D and Seth will shoot lights out(not like his brother) but enough to help us. Otherwise we need to look at Indiana, can we get Turner? Turner helps us on the interior and will neutralize Lopez in the PO, he can also shoot the three. I see the Nets landing a Turner, Curry/Smmons, or KAT type of player. The league is hating now, but they won't if this team wins it.

This team will take its time to come together. We still have the talent to win a Championship.

It's an 82 game season MDB, don't worry bro, the Nets will get their payback on these teams; 67 lovely games to go. June is what matters man; if they hold that Larry O Brian trophy, all of this talk will be cured. That's why they are not focused on the media or hype. That drama queen sitting at home should be ashamed of himself and I just want KD to explicitly call his ass out already and give the OK to trade him. This is KD's team and it'll be his decision along with Marks and Tsai. The only thing I can think of is if there really is a conspiracy (sounds crazy doesn't it?) that Kyrie will check in if one of KD/Harden were to get injured, which we pray never happens or we are screwed in the ass hard.

I will go on record of saying KD is the greatest Net to ever wear a Brooklyn/New Jersey jersey. We have a player on our team who will be top three of all time when it's all said and done and I am still in shock.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#203 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:39 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Kyrie is the guilty party. But I know he can help a team win a Championship on the court.

Simmons is a mental midget who passes up wide open dunks and shoots 32% from the FT line in the playoffs. Why would I want that?

Kyrie will come back eventually. He has to.

And its not his fault Kenny got fired either. KD didn't want him too.

How is he going to help again :lol: oh and let me know for how long while you at it.

That mental midget is perennial all star who locks best players. I'm talking to wall here so it doesn't make sense to explain how and why his development never happened. We got top org who succeeded in developing players, getting Ben %'s up won't be huge issue. Not asking him to be KD here.

Harden, Ben, Joe, KD and Blake going to be killer team. Only reason I'm hoping for Ben is, no other team will take this head case. Maybe duh nix can, it's just their trash won't fetch anything relevant.

Steve Francis was also a perennial All-Star. What has Simmons ever done in his career to make you think hes a winning basketball player?

Hes afraid to shoot or learn how to shoot. And he chokes in the playoffs. Can't shoot FTs. Hes unplayable in the closing minutes of a playoff game.

Beyond this hes having a mental breakdown and refusing to play basketball because his feelings are hurt.

Kyrie's issue are off the court. On the court he is still a killer. I have no doubt we won the Finals if he doesn't get hurt last year. Look at the way he was playing in the playoffs.

I get youre pissed at Kyrie. I am too. But stop pretending like Simmons is any better. In fact, hes worse.

How many 1st team all D did Francis had, how many super teams he played on as #3 option :lol:

For you knowledge, you can't intentionally foul in a last two min. Your populistic hot take is laughable.

Like I said, taking to wall :lol: this guy can't comprehend simple point I mentioned multiple times. Going into grave with agenda. Good luck with that.

Also Ben has higher asking price than Kyrie for a good reasons ( according to few reports ) and more teams interested, I wonder why.

Bottom line here is. Nets will draw final line to Kyrie at some point ( you seem to not understand as few other things ) and it will most likely be included into his contract. Now knowing Kyrie who definitely going to demand guarantees what/how he will act? Duh !!!
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#204 » by DarkXaero » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:20 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Nash sucks dude. I don't think there's any way around it.
No he doesn't. Fans just love their scapegoats.

So you think he coached a solid game last night?

What about the inexplicable decision to revert back to switch everything defense that teams were exploiting via slipping the screen, and causes us to get killed on the defensive glass? Stellar moves or no?

Why has the offense regressed since D'Antoni left?
No, I don't think he coached a solid game last night. But that's not going to set his coaching ability in stone. Coaches have learning experiences too. We decided to switch last night because GSW run a lot of ball screens and force a lot of switching regardless. Obviously in hindsight, you avoid switching with Blake but it ends up being a very different story if Steph doesn't start 4/4 from 3 (none of those 3s were easy).

Why has the offense regressed since D'Antoni left? Isn't this obvious? Harden hasn't played anywhere near his usual level, no Kyrie and team depth became more defense oriented (with guys like Blake and Jevon being ice cold from 3).
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#205 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:31 am

Great Sarah and Ian saying teams packing paint and allowing to take shots vs us.

1- shows specific Joe haters his value
2- just tells Nash he better step his game up, entire league watching you.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#206 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:54 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

I'd say we can't match the intensity and speed of the more aggressive, physical, fast paced teams, which is concerning, because the intensity & physicality ramps up in the playoffs.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#207 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:01 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
KD35Netted wrote:

The only contenders we have faced are the Warriors and Bucks. So youre that worried about 2 games?

Its also way too early in the season to act like that matters.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#208 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:03 am

GTR11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
How is he going to help again :lol: oh and let me know for how long while you at it.

That mental midget is perennial all star who locks best players. I'm talking to wall here so it doesn't make sense to explain how and why his development never happened. We got top org who succeeded in developing players, getting Ben %'s up won't be huge issue. Not asking him to be KD here.

Harden, Ben, Joe, KD and Blake going to be killer team. Only reason I'm hoping for Ben is, no other team will take this head case. Maybe duh nix can, it's just their trash won't fetch anything relevant.

Steve Francis was also a perennial All-Star. What has Simmons ever done in his career to make you think hes a winning basketball player?

Hes afraid to shoot or learn how to shoot. And he chokes in the playoffs. Can't shoot FTs. Hes unplayable in the closing minutes of a playoff game.

Beyond this hes having a mental breakdown and refusing to play basketball because his feelings are hurt.

Kyrie's issue are off the court. On the court he is still a killer. I have no doubt we won the Finals if he doesn't get hurt last year. Look at the way he was playing in the playoffs.

I get youre pissed at Kyrie. I am too. But stop pretending like Simmons is any better. In fact, hes worse.

How many 1st team all D did Francis had, how many super teams he played on as #3 option :lol:

For you knowledge, you can't intentionally foul in a last two min. Your populistic hot take is laughable.

Like I said, taking to wall :lol: this guy can't comprehend simple point I mentioned multiple times. Going into grave with agenda. Good luck with that.

Also Ben has higher asking price than Kyrie for a good reasons ( according to few reports ) and more teams interested, I wonder why.

Bottom line here is. Nets will draw final line to Kyrie at some point ( you seem to not understand as few other things ) and it will most likely be included into his contract. Now knowing Kyrie who definitely going to demand guarantees what/how he will act? Duh !!!

I'm sorry youre a Ben Simmons stan. The only wall here is you.

You keep hating on Kyrie which is fair. But you seem to keep hyping up trash ass Ben Simmons. Who choked in the playoffs to a historic proportion and is too afraid to play basketball.

That is 1000x worse than Kyrie who just doesn't want to take a shot. Something a lot of people in this country have been hesitant to do.

Keep defending bum ass Simmons. I'll take Kyrie 1000x over.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#209 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:43 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

The only contenders we have faced are the Warriors and Bucks. So youre that worried about 2 games?

Its also way too early in the season to act like that matters.

We've been blown out by the Bucks, Heat, Bulls, Warriors, and Hornets. All playoff teams. None of those games were remotely even CLOSE.

Yes that absolutely matters. It means we can't play at a high level versus actual good teams.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets