ImageImageImage

The Tomjas Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Re: The Tomjas Thread 

Post#1301 » by Eyeamok » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:27 pm

I wonder how Embiid feels about this entire situation. I mean he must have believed Ben when Ben finally spoke with the team. Why else would he have grabbed the mic and said basically we support Ben he is still our brother. Only to have Ben still pull his antics and crap ? I'm sure management asked him to do this....now he is gonna ask for a trade for being to made look foolish.. Rich Paul divide and conquer.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#1302 » by Tomjas » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:46 pm

Eyeamok wrote:I wonder how Embiid feels about this entire situation. I mean he must have believed Ben when Ben finally spoke with the team. Why else would he have grabbed the mic and said basically we support Ben he is still our brother. Only to have Ben still pull his antics and crap ? I'm sure management asked him to do this....now he is gonna ask for a trade for being to made look foolish.. Rich Paul divide and conquer.

To an outsider, nothing much has changed with Simmons since that time so don’t know why Joel’s opinion would
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#1303 » by Negrodamus » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:06 pm

Barkley's overarching point is that everyone is tired of talking about it, including himself, so it's time to trade him. You'll have to excuse me if I don't take that as a valid point for trading him, "pros know" notwithstanding.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1304 » by sixers4real » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:03 pm

Eyeamok wrote:I wonder how Embiid feels about this entire situation. I mean he must have believed Ben when Ben finally spoke with the team. Why else would he have grabbed the mic and said basically we support Ben he is still our brother. Only to have Ben still pull his antics and crap ? I'm sure management asked him to do this....now he is gonna ask for a trade for being to made look foolish.. Rich Paul divide and conquer.

Embiid did the right thing. What is he supposed to say? “I don’t buy anything that soft babe is trying to do”?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#1305 » by Eyeamok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:10 am

Tomjas wrote:

To an outsider, nothing much has changed with Simmons since that time so don’t know why Joel’s opinion would

What are you saying here? And it could be me...my sugar levels might be low and I may need a snickers. But to me once Simmons started interacting with teammates I thought things would be better. Still trade the guy but at least he was going to comply and be a team player up until that happens. But no.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#1306 » by Eyeamok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:14 am

sixers4real wrote:

Embiid did the right thing. What is he supposed to say? “I don’t buy anything that soft babe is trying to do”?

Why was speaking to the crowd/fans the right thing to do? It only happens if he (Embiid) thinks Ben is going to be an active part of the team and he (Embiid) is being a good teammate hoping to stem the flow of negativity that the fans will give Ben once he gets on the floor. Feels like management approached him about doing this. But it was all for naught because Ben is still Ben. Just pay me but I'm not going to play.

Marlo
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#1307 » by sixers4real » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:24 am

Eyeamok wrote:
sixers4real wrote:

Why was speaking to the crowd/fans the right thing to do? It only happens if he (Embiid) thinks Ben is going to be an active part of the team and he (Embiid) is being a good teammate hoping to stem the flow of negativity that the fans will give Ben once he gets on the floor. Feels like management approached him about doing this. But it was all for naught because Ben is still Ben. Just pay me but I'm not going to play.

I’m guile sure it’s the management approach, but Embiid agrees with it, otherwise he wouldn’t say it.
Embiid knows that it’s better to say all the good things.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#1308 » by Tomjas » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:52 am

Eyeamok wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

What are you saying here? And it could be me...my sugar levels might be low and I may need a snickers. But to me once Simmons started interacting with teammates I thought things would be better. Still trade the guy but at least he was going to comply and be a team player up until that happens. But no.

Simply saying that nothing has changed

Simmons isn’t playing, is still in Philly & not really involved with the team

Unless he told his teammates that he would do something & hasn’t done it then I just see it as being a holding pattern

Embiid either believed what Simmons told him at the meeting or he doesn’t because nothing has changed to convince him otherwise
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#1309 » by Eyeamok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Tomjas wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

Unless he told his teammates that he would do something & hasn’t done it then I just see it as being a holding pattern

Embiid either believed what Simmons told him at the meeting or he doesn’t because nothing has changed to convince him otherwise

Ok thanks for that. All I am saying is I believe that after Ben finally met and talked to his teammates he gave the impression that he was coming back. Why else would Embiid get on the mic and say to the fans that Ben is our brother and we support him. And just a few days later he was saying Ben's actions are borderline disrespectful and he is not there to babysit (Ben).

[url][/url]

Marlo
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,621

Post#1310 » by Mik317 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 pm

naw that was just lip service.

Jo had to do that to prevent a **** BEN SIMMONS chant from ruining open night and getting the stank of the whole situation away for a bit. Not saying he thinks Ben is a liar either but thats something the best player on a team HAS to do IMO.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#1311 » by Tomjas » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:33 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

Ok thanks for that. All I am saying is I believe that after Ben finally met and talked to his teammates he gave the impression that he was coming back. Why else would Embiid get on the mic and say to the fans that Ben is our brother and we support him. And just a few days later he was saying Ben's actions are borderline disrespectful and he is not there to babysit (Ben).

[url][/url]

Joel made the disrespectful comment weeks before they met & before he returned to Philly

He may still feel that way after speaking to him but we aren’t about to find out
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#1312 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:32 am

Mik317 wrote:naw that was just lip service.

Jo had to do that to prevent a **** BEN SIMMONS chant from ruining open night and getting the stank of the whole situation away for a bit. Not saying he thinks Ben is a liar either but thats something the best player on a team HAS to do IMO.

I agree with Mik3 here, I believe its just a lip service.

Sixers is playing the passive-aggressive game.

They taking actions where the public can and will root for the team despite them being on the offensive end while Ben is playing the victim on a very poor and losing performance.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#1313 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:23 am

76ciology wrote:
Mik317 wrote:naw that was just lip service.

I agree with Mik3 here, I believe its just a lip service.

Sixers is playing the passive-aggressive game.

They taking actions where the public can and will root for the team despite them being on the offensive end while Ben is playing the victim on a very poor and losing performance.

Nobody’s “winning” right now

One of the dumbest takes is how opposing GMs support the Sixers stance for the good of the league when their priority is getting value from a trade
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#1314 » by Eyeamok » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:18 pm

Tomjas wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:
Tomjas wrote:

[url][/url]

Joel made the disrespectful comment weeks before they met & before he returned to Philly

He may still feel that way after speaking to him but we aren’t about to find out

I believe you don't have to have to be sat down and have everything said to you. Observe, look and pick up cues. But this is on me. Thank you for your time.

Marlo
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#1315 » by Tomjas » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Eyeamok wrote:
Tomjas wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:

[url][/url]

I believe you don't have to have to be sat down and have everything said to you. Observe, look and pick up cues. But this is on me. Thank you for your time.

Straight from Seth Curry

Simmons isn’t a distraction because he’s not around

https://hoopshype.com/lists/seth-curry-ben-simmons-joel-embiid-future/
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1316 » by Negrodamus » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:24 pm

Bump
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#1317 » by Tomjas » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:35 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Bump

We winning yet?
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1318 » by Negrodamus » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Tomjas wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:Bump

We winning yet?

I figured there would be a better place for you to call everyone an "idiot".

Return to Philadelphia 76ers