ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Nwora in protocols

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#441 » by M-C-G » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:38 pm

Would a DDV and Brook for Myles Turner work?

Also, let's get the buyout season going, adding Dragic or Rubio, along with Thad Young would cure a lot of what ails us. Even Robin Lopez would be useful right now.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#442 » by buckboy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:45 pm

Yeah, no thanks on Simmons. Terrible fit all the way around.

And Rubio isn't getting bought out I wouldn't think. He's having a great season. They'll get something for him if they trade him, but I bet they won't.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#443 » by LuessiT » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:50 pm

M-C-G wrote:Would a DDV and Brook for Myles Turner work?

Also, let's get the buyout season going, adding Dragic or Rubio, along with Thad Young would cure a lot of what ails us. Even Robin Lopez would be useful right now.

Salary-whise yes. I have no idea what Indiana would be looking for in return for Turner or if he's at all available (he keeps being mentioned in trade rumors so maybe), but two years ago supposedly Griffin was offering the #4 pick and that trade clearly didn't happen. But yeah, Turner would be a great fit, basicly a more streamlined (to our needs), younger version of Brook.

Since Indiana wanted Simmons (and supposedly offered Brogdon + a pick), we could use Turner and Simmons for Jrue has been discussed, what about something like this:

IND out: Malcolm Brogdon, Myles Turner
IND in: Ben Simmons, Brook Lopez

MIL out: Jrue Holiday, Brook Lopez
MIL in: Malcolm Brogodn, Myles Turner

PHI out: Ben Simmons
PHI in: Jrue Holiday
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,666

Post#444 » by machu46 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:10 pm

raferfenix wrote:Am seeing chatter about a Simmons for Holiday swap but if this is the only sourcing it’s just an idea for a ‘ridiculous trade that actually could work’ from Bleacher Report without sourcing:

The Trade: Ben Simmons for Jrue Holiday

Why It Seems Ridiculous: The Milwaukee Bucks just won an NBA title with Holiday as the team's starting point guard. He's still a premier defensive guard at age 31 and viewed as one of the best teammates in the league who's contract isn't up until 2024 (with a player option for 2024-25).

Moving Holiday for Simmons could have a terrible effect on team chemistry and risk upsetting Giannis Antetokounmpo. If nothing's broken, why fix it, right?

Why It Could Actually Work: After the initial shock of a Holiday-Simmons swap, the Bucks could have a higher ceiling and become even more devastating defensively with the 25-year-old, three-time All-Star on board.

Pairing Simmons and Antetokounmpo gives Milwaukee perhaps the two most versatile defenders in the league. Both stand at 6'11" and can guard all five positions on the floor. The Bucks have stumbled to 20th defensively this season, with Holiday (who's six years older than Simmons) missing six games with a sprained ankle. Letting a motivated Simmons set the table for Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton while spreading shooters around (Brook Lopez, Grayson Allen, Donte DiVincenzo, George Hill etc) could make the Bucks even more dangerous than last year.

Holiday would be a breath of fresh air if he returned to Philly, as he's ready to win now and can do anything Doc Rivers asks of him. He's already proved capable of thriving next to All-Star big men (Anthony Davis, Antetokounmpo) and would help bring out the best in Joel Embiid.

—Greg Swartz

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2950394-br-nba-roundtable-5-ridiculous-trades-that-could-actually-work

My favorite part is selling it as what a "motivated" Simmons can do as if we've ever really seen him show that kind of motivation before.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#445 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:57 pm

While the defensive ceiling if Simmons was motivated is tantalizing, the floor spacing issues caused by both of those guys being on the floor at the same time would render it a major issue come playoff time. And that doesn't even factor in the very likely chemistry concerns. Basically, hell **** no.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,718

Post#446 » by emunney » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:29 pm

I'm still a fan of Simmons, but he's unquestionably the worst offensive fit with Giannis among all-star caliber players because he believes he should always have the ball and yet he can not and will not shoot. It'd be bad for both guys. Might be the best defensive tandem ever.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#447 » by drew881 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:51 pm

Guy who’s too scareds to shoots in the ler’r fly offense? Hard pass.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,718

Post#448 » by emunney » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:53 pm

drew881 wrote:Image

Guy who’s too scareds to shoots in the ler’r fly offense? Hard pass.

Ah but this is Ben Simmons' specialty
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,576

Post#449 » by JayMKE » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:56 pm

I think Simmons could fit with Giannis hypothetically, its not like we haven’t had non-shooters in our line up and Ben is probably better at everything else than those guys besides free throws. There would be situations he couldn’t be on the court but we might seriously have one of the greatest defensive line ups in the history of the game, its a kinda intriguing idea to play around witg but I very much doubt I’d want to part with the assets they’d want in return.

Nothing against Embiid but he seems like a relatively immature guy, I wonder how Ben’s development could have gone in a more competent organization that cared about player development. Giannis would have probably been a good influence on his game and mental maturity. Not as many Kardashian’s to chase here.
FREE GIANNIS
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#450 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:01 pm

JayMKE wrote:I think Simmons could fit with Giannis hypothetically, its not like we haven’t had non-shooters in our line up and Ben is probably better at everything else than those guys besides free throws. There would be situations he couldn’t be on the court but we might seriously have one of the greatest defensive line ups in the history of the game, its a kinda intriguing idea to play around witg but I very much doubt I’d want to part with the assets they’d want in return.

Who else have we had in a successful lineup that you didn't have to guard further than 10 feet away from the basket? Simmons isn't a "non-shooter" like we'd dog Bledoe (or sometimes even Jrue) for not being able to shoot. He literally shoots zero threes. He does not need to be guarded.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#451 » by LUKE23 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:12 pm

If you played Simmons with Giannis, you're inviting aggressive double teams with very little risk for the opponent. It's all about spacing with Giannis and in this offense and you completely destroy it with a player like Ben. It's fun to think about the passing and defense that duo would provide, but schematically it would cause us major issues offensively that would be hard to find a solution for.

Bucks are fine as long as they get Brook back relatively soon and he's actually healthy/effective. Once that happens, all of a sudden our interior D and defensive rebounding improves a ton, and GA is taking less of a beating physically every night. Additionally, it removes some minutes from the Semi/Thanasis/Robinson's of the world and shifts everyone down a peg in the rotation.

Get Brook (and DDV) back and lets start physically overwhelming teams again.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#452 » by LedZepp007 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,561

Post#453 » by Matches Malone » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:21 pm

LedZepp007 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Tell us your target Brook! We miss you :lol:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#454 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:56 pm

JFC. Bud has been saying "he's progressing" for 3 weeks.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,491

Post#455 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:50 pm

He’s progressing towards season ending surgery
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,619

Post#456 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:55 pm

I guess I don't really care about the Brook timetable when we're 5 months away from the playoffs. He's back when he's back. In the meantime, let's get Operation "Get the T-Wolves' Big Man to Milwaukee" underway.

I'm of course, talking about Naz Reid.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Post#457 » by Turk Nowitzki » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:41 pm

Even if he comes back, the chances that the back is just not an issue again seem incredibly low.

We're gonna need another big at some point.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#458 » by raferfenix » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Brook doing an interview with Shams is a positive indicator though, right?

If he were about to have surgery or was going to be out until after the All-Star break you'd think they wouldn't proactively come out there with a message about positive progress.

That said the Bucks of course are being way cagey not giving any semblance of a timetable already.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,102

Post#459 » by FrieAaron » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:35 pm

I think the back has always been an issue but we're just giving him a lot of time to rest, maybe because of the shortened offseason. But you always see Brook on the sideline treating his back. Agree we still need a replacement for him. Even if we're just being extra cautious there are going to be games where he's out or in foul trouble, playing too many minutes, etc.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,252

Post#460 » by The Wet Whistle » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:38 pm

Gani Lawal is only 33

Sent from my moto g(7) play using RealGM mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks