ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1621 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:09 am

jschligs wrote:Halo Infinite is fun, but yea, lacking in options right now. Getting a big group to play tonight and I'm pumped, will be really fun with friends.

Just purchased the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller 2. Wow, this thing is nice. Have to get used to the paddles on the underside though.

The paddles are amazing, especially on PC, because they're technically separate programmable buttons. You can't modify them to that degree in the native app, though. If you ever have a need, check out reWASD - pretty cheap app ($8 I think?) and gives you virtually unlimited options for reprogramming, macros, etc.

But yeah, it's easily my favorite controller. I've always been a Dual Shock fan for hand feel, but this one won me over to the Xbox side on controllers.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1622 » by WRau1 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:06 pm

The **** keeps getting worse for ol' Activision Blizzard.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1623 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:47 pm

It's been available for a few days, but you can vote for The Game Awards now:
https://thegameawards.com/nominees

Honestly, looking through the list, this year was pretty weak.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#1624 » by machu46 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:06 pm

Only played a handful of games last night, but Halo gave me some fun nostalgia. I'm excited to dive into it some more.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,962

Post#1625 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:13 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:It's been available for a few days, but you can vote for The Game Awards now:
https://thegameawards.com/nominees

Honestly, looking through the list, this year was pretty weak.

Yikes. You make it to the most anticipated and I would hope that any of the games listed there would beat out any of the GOTY nominees for 2021. This seems to be the list of games I played this year:

Hitman 3
Marvel’s Avengers
Outriders
MLB The Show 21
Returnal
Resident Evil Village
Knockout City
Final Fantasy VIII Intergrade
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Scarlet Nexus
Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights
The Ascent
Deathloop
Far Cry 6
Metroid Dread
Back 4 Blood
Guardians of the Galaxy
Riders Republic
Forza Horizon 5

And Forza 5 is probably the best of the bunch. I see a lot of people who think it's GOTY and it's not even listed as a nominee.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1626 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:18 pm

This was a rough year until the very end I think, and what I've been playing towards the end I didn't expect to get much love (D2R, Tales of Arise, Last Epoch is still in EA) save for FH5. But the beginning of the year - I don't recall exactly what - but I know I was going back and playing older games because it was such a drought. Stardew, Civ 6, DQ11...I modded Fallout 4 at one point to see if I could get into that (I could not).

I'm guessing Metroid wins, bc it's Metroid.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#1627 » by jschligs » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:43 pm

As far as new games go I was horrendous this year. I think the only games released this year I bought and played were Madden 22 (won't buy that again), Halo Infinite for a few hours, Valhiem, and then Forza Horizon 5.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1628 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:08 pm

D2R is getting its first big enhancement/change since launch - they're bringing permanent key-binding to K&M, as opposed to circling everything through LMB/RMB. So pressing D (for example) will actually use a skill, as opposed to mapping the skill to RMB to then be used on-click.

It was called for after the console launch with the way the game works with controllers. Really big QOL and looking forward to that.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1629 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:34 am

jschligs wrote:As far as new games go I was horrendous this year. I think the only games released this year I bought and played were Madden 22 (won't buy that again), Halo Infinite for a few hours, Valhiem, and then Forza Horizon 5.

I only picked up Valheim, Guilty Gear: Strive, and Metroid Dread. All my other game purchases were sale items (Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Total War: Warhammer 2) and DLC for games I already owned.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1630 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:01 pm

I was hoping Demons Souls might hit $30 on Black Friday sales, but looks like PS5 games still aren't getting quite that cheap (at least not the big ones). Holding out, so Elden Ring might truly be my first souls.

No (video game) sales have really caught my eye.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1631 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:12 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I was hoping Demons Souls might hit $30 on Black Friday sales, but looks like PS5 games still aren't getting quite that cheap (at least not the big ones). Holding out, so Elden Ring might truly be my first souls.

I thought of you/this last night when I saw Demon's Souls get down to $39.99. I started another play through earlier this week and I actually think it's the best Soulsborne game for newcomers. For one, it looks gorgeous and plays flawlessly. But more importantly I think it's by far the easiest and most accessible. There's obviously also no shortage of walkthrough videos and build guides.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,609

Post#1632 » by UcanUwill » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:43 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I was hoping Demons Souls might hit $30 on Black Friday sales, but looks like PS5 games still aren't getting quite that cheap (at least not the big ones). Holding out, so Elden Ring might truly be my first souls.

Even tho I am not a huge FromSoftware and Bethesda guy, I am rather a Bethesda hater, but I am exited for Elden Ring and Starfield. Elden ring in particular looks insane.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#1633 » by jschligs » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:39 am

Lost my Apple Watch Series 3 in Seattle a few months ago, got a $250 Amazon gift card from some schlep SaaS account manager wanting me to sign with them, bought the Series 7. Holy cow they made a lot of advancements in 4 years. Would never upgrade each year, but I'm pleased with this one.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1634 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:06 am

jschligs wrote:Lost my Apple Watch Series 3 in Seattle a few months ago, got a $250 Amazon gift card from some schlep SaaS account manager wanting me to sign with them, bought the Series 7. Holy cow they made a lot of advancements in 4 years. Would never upgrade each year, but I'm pleased with this one.

My SO just made the same upgrade because of a broken screen and said the same thing. I have a 5, so probably wouldn't see as big of a difference and have no intention of upgrading, but maybe for the 8.

ReasonablySober wrote:

I thought of you/this last night when I saw Demon's Souls get down to $39.99. I started another play through earlier this week and I actually think it's the best Soulsborne game for newcomers. For one, it looks gorgeous and plays flawlessly. But more importantly I think it's by far the easiest and most accessible. There's obviously also no shortage of walkthrough videos and build guides.

I had a Target gift card so I ordered it. You're a bad influence :lol: Kidding - I just really shouldn't control my finances when it comes to video games. I need to learn a thing or two from Sauce.

BUT, I'm excited to get an initiation to the genre before Elden Ring.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1635 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:48 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I had a Target gift card so I ordered it. You're a bad influence :lol: Kidding - I just really shouldn't control my finances when it comes to video games. I need to learn a thing or two from Sauce.

BUT, I'm excited to get an initiation to the genre before Elden Ring.

Gotta make that spreadsheet in Google Drive and track it for a year! Could be your 2022 New Year's Resolution. I track games purchased and the price, then the games I beat that year. Helps me figure out what I actually play and where to say no to stuff that I would otherwise get caught up in the hype. Almost always I end up buying more games than completing, but also I don't count multiplayer games as completed (e.g. I'll never be able to complete Deep Rock Galactic or Guilty Gear -Strive-, but I play both a lot). YMMV, it's not a perfect system, but handy to prevent myself from dropping several thousand dollars on stuff I won't use.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#1636 » by tydett » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:05 am

My backlog is pretty insane, but I also almost never spend full price on a game. I definitely trend more towards r/PatientGamers than r/GameDeals (though I follow both pretty religiously).
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#1637 » by Sauce Boss » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:11 am

I think I only have 10-12 unbeaten games in my library of ~180. The problem is they are all these massive games like Darkest Dungeon, Pillars of Eternity, or the Dark Souls trilogy. Hard to go back when there is other stuff I would enjoy playing more.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1638 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:27 am

Is Guardians of the Galaxy worth the $29.99 sale price for ps5 right now?
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1639 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:35 am

WRau1 wrote:Is Guardians of the Galaxy worth the $29.99 sale price for ps5 right now?

It's pretty good. I wouldn't say I completely regret paying full price, but it's also about a 20 hour game with no replayability. It's the kind of game that makes me wish we still had a Family Video here in town, or that I had just used Gamefly. Oh, and Rocket is maybe the biggest drag of a video game character in recent memory. He **** sucked.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1640 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:30 pm

jschligs wrote:Lost my Apple Watch Series 3 in Seattle a few months ago, got a $250 Amazon gift card from some schlep SaaS account manager wanting me to sign with them, bought the Series 7. Holy cow they made a lot of advancements in 4 years. Would never upgrade each year, but I'm pleased with this one.

What size did you get? 45 seems kinda big but 41 kinda small.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks