ImageImageImage

Blowing it up? Not yet.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Blowing it up? Not yet. 

Post#1 » by fattymcgee » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:45 pm

For the plethora of you who are already freaking out and wanting to blow up the team, let me drop this on you.

The Bucks (World Champs) are only a game and a half ahead of us at 6-8.
The Hawks (EC Finalists) are only a game ahead of us at 6-8.

Do you think those two teams are gonna blow it up?

I think it's waaaay too early to panic.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Re: Blowing it up? Not yet. 

Post#2 » by Note30 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:57 pm

fattymcgee wrote:For the plethora of you who are already freaking out and wanting to blow up the team, let me drop this on you.

The Bucks (World Champs) are only a game and a half ahead of us at 6-8.
The Hawks (EC Finalists) are only a game ahead of us at 6-8.

Do you think those two teams are gonna blow it up?

I think it's waaaay too early to panic.

The Bucks are injured af. The Hawks are no longer benefiting from Trae Young's foul hunting, and they are also playing the majority of games away, they have also been good for only one season and the east has changed dramatically.

We're healthy at full power and are still ass. We've also been ass perennially.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#3 » by Mattya » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:30 pm

We could turn it around, I just don’t think there is time. Especially considering the losses.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Post#4 » by winforlose » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:53 pm

We need to make a move for size. We cannot turn it around until we improve our rebounding and inside presence. I believe in the coach and the roster (most of it,) but this is essential, (and no Ben Simmons is not the answer.)
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#5 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:34 am

It's so easy to be down on the season, but then you look at the standings and realize they are only TWO games out of the SEVENTH seed. This is essentially where we expected to be all offseason.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#6 » by shangrila » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:13 am

Klomp wrote:It's so easy to be down on the season, but then you look at the standings and realize they are only TWO games out of the SEVENTH seed. This is essentially where we expected to be all offseason.

If you don't watch the games, you have a solid point.

If you do, you'd realise everyone is only a couple of games out of the playoffs right now and we have serious, crippling issues that are likely unfixable.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#7 » by Rookie-Mistake » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:07 am

Recency bias much?
World champs? Um north American champs?
I've mentioned it before but we need to:

1. Get rid of Glenn Taylor (we have to wait 2 years unfortunately)
2. Let Lore and A Rod select the pobo
2. Establish a build around ANT not KAT DlO

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,514

Post#8 » by Worm Guts » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:55 pm

Klomp wrote:It's so easy to be down on the season, but then you look at the standings and realize they are only TWO games out of the SEVENTH seed. This is essentially where we expected to be all offseason.

When you've seen the same thing over and over, it gets pretty difficult to expect something different.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Blowing it up? Not yet. 

Post#9 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:22 pm

What are we at, 33 years of existence and 27 of those have been losing seasons? I think a lot of fans are well seasoned at reading the writing on the wall.

I know it’s early, it isn’t thanksgiving…but we’re seeing similarities of other 17 win teams. 3-1 start, 6 game losing streak, double digit leads in the second half only to lose by double digits, losing to teams AT HOME who are on the second half of a double header and we have 2+ rest days, Half step forward full step backwards, injury to towns is on deck unfortunately and that’s when the downfall will really start
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#10 » by Foye » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:35 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:What are we at, 33 years of existence and 27 of those have been losing seasons? I think a lot of fans are well seasoned at reading the writing on the wall.

I know it’s early, it isn’t thanksgiving…but we’re seeing similarities of other 17 win teams. 3-1 start, 6 game losing streak, double digit leads in the second half only to lose by double digits, losing to teams AT HOME who are on the second half of a double header and we have 2+ rest days, Half step forward full step backwards, injury to towns is on deck unfortunately and that’s when the downfall will really start

The team is not bad enough to be a 17 win team. At the same time, the team is not good enough to be more than a 30-36 win team without any sort of additional assets to build on that.
That is the part why a blowup is needed.
Guidus88
Junior
And1: 114

Post#11 » by Guidus88 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:03 pm

we need a winning streak to increase the confidence we have lost in that two games in which we blowed 20+points leads.

Next 6 game are all "winnable" games, LET'S GO WOLVES!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,420

Post#12 » by shrink » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:24 pm

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:What are we at, 33 years of existence and 27 of those have been losing seasons? I think a lot of fans are well seasoned at reading the writing on the wall.

I feel this way sometimes, but I think the past makes the Wolves fanbase quick to abandon hope.

We need to remember that aside from Towns, this team has entirely new personal and a new coach. The problems of Randy Foye and Derrick Williams, in a different league ten years ago, probably don’t effect what the 2021 team will do in the future, simply because they wear a uniform with the same name.

I’m not saying that the team doesn’t have personnel problems - just that our sad history shouldn’t allow us to be negatively biased about our future,
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#13 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:29 pm

I do think we are at the brink in a way, we have failed to make anything happen with KAT outside of one season. That said, we are still in the early stages of putting these current wolves together.

I think we got a lot of good pieces but we are very incomplete. Any needs more years, and we need some roster additions. I think Thibs had the right idea when he brought in a ton of vets to accelerate the team, unfortunately, Jimmy destroyed that. If Jimmy would have stayed I think we would be a playoff contender for the last 4 seasons.

We need some vet help and we need a big and I think we look a lot more consistent.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Blowing it up? Not yet. 

Post#14 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:01 pm

Hope you guys are right. Obviously on paper this team is more talented than the post KG teams. We’re just scarred as wolves fans seeing this season in season out.

**** like Dlo, ant and Beas shooting 6-30 combined on 3s is going to kill us. So many empty possessions. Yea If you’re open…shoot it. Or if you’re open and you have an open lane to the bucket, drive and score or dish it when help defender guards you. I don’t even want to know how many points are left off if the board because dlo shoots 10% in a half. He makes way too much to be putting up **** numbers and that bites us against good teams like Denver, and Phoenix. He can get away with it Vs Sacramento……. Sometimes.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:05 pm

shangrila wrote:

If you don't watch the games, you have a solid point.

If you do, you'd realise everyone is only a couple of games out of the playoffs right now and we have serious, crippling issues that are likely unfixable.

This is fair. I haven't been able to sit down and watch a full game in weeks.

However, all that matters from each game at the end of the season is the final score. Wins and losses. Yes, we've had some struggles in games that will need to be addressed, but we knew that going into the year. And we're still right where we expected to be. Have we lost games we expected to win? Yes. Have we won games we expected to lose? Yes. That's part of every NBA season. We're not experiencing anything revolutionary here.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,297

Post#16 » by winforlose » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:21 pm

I have to ask what you guys consider a blowing up? I suggest a move that sends out guys like Beasley, Prince, JO, or Nowell with a toss in of guys like JMAC and Layman (not all of them, but a few,) to bring in real size to fix our obvious flaws. Overall I feel good about the core of the team and I think if we were rebounding better everything else would solve itself over the course of 20/30 games. Dlo is a good shooter and will get it together sooner or later. Ant attacking more is inevitable and the key to going from a 7/8 seed to 3/4 seed. KAT is the most impressive player in the league this season in my opinion. He is shooting Uber efficiently, has improved his defense, and is moving the ball. He just needs some consistent help and that comes with real size beside him.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#17 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:38 pm

Klomp wrote:And we're still right where we expected to be. Have we lost games we expected to win? Yes. Have we won games we expected to lose? Yes. That's part of every NBA season. We're not experiencing anything revolutionary here.

That's not true.
We had a really favorable schedule with 9 home games and 5 away so far and we are 5-9. That's not good for a team that was supposed to be new Suns :lol: Remember?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:
Klomp wrote:And we're still right where we expected to be. Have we lost games we expected to win? Yes. Have we won games we expected to lose? Yes. That's part of every NBA season. We're not experiencing anything revolutionary here.

That's not true.
We had a really favorable schedule with 9 home games and 5 away so far and we are 5-9. That's not good for a team that was supposed to be new Suns :lol: Remember?

Who here was calling for us to go to the Finals? Give me one person.

EDIT: I would also add that last year's Suns started 8-8 with losses to Sacramento, Detroit and Oklahoma City.

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#19 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:53 pm

Klomp wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:

That's not true.

Do I really need to go back and search for that? Not to the finals but people even you talking about the similarities between the Wolves this year with the Suns last year.

The Suns with the addition of Chris Paul and the Wolves with the addition of Beverley and Prince. OK

Even winforlose just said "Ant attacking more is inevitable and the key to going from a 7/8 seed to 3/4 seed"
"KAT is the most impressive player in the league this season in my opinion"

Come on man! :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:56 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:
That's not true.

Do I really need to go back and search for that? Not to the finals but people even you talking about the similarities between the Wolves this year with the Suns last year.

The Suns with the addition of Chris Paul and the Wolves with the addition of Beverley and Prince. OK

Even winforlose just said "Ant attacking more is inevitable and the key to going from a 7/8 seed to 3/4 seed"
"KAT is the most impressive player in the league this season in my opinion"

Come on man! :lol:

People are talking about upside, ceilings. What could happen if everything went right. Not making predictions of what is most likely.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves